** ~10k mobile advice thread **

Hrishi

^Agree. Don't contribute to the bunch of crap-phone users out there , if you are serious about buying a phone. O/W , if you don't care , then it really doesn't matter whether it's MMX or Apple.

gigyaster

Journeyman
Hello, I need a smartphone.
Budget: 8.5 to 9K max
Purpose: Net surfing, Light-weight gaming
Necessity: Should be enough fast if possible, meaning that it should not lag often.

PS: I have gone through all the post above but still very much confused as to what to choose.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Necessity: Should be enough fast if possible, meaning that it should not lag often.

PS: I have gone through all the post above but still very much confused as to what to choose.

Sony Xperia M @ 11.5k but can come for 10k with coupons & such.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

extend to get atleast moto g. you will not regret ;)

moniker

Broken In
Anyone knows how these new low end phones from Samsung fare? The likes of galaxy s duos 2 etc? Has a dual core cortex A9 chip, broadcomm though.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Anyone knows how these new low end phones from Samsung fare? The likes of galaxy s duos 2 etc? Has a dual core cortex A9 chip, broadcomm though.

looks fine if you want dual sim & midrange spec for 10k. Motorola G will cost more but will provide better overall specs.

sksundram

In the zone
Get xolo q800 if camera performance is important or xolo q700 for bigger battery and ogs screen. Buy any of them and you won't regret.

raja manuel

In the zone
I'm considering a Nokia Asha 503 for my sister as a cheap and easy introduction to smartphones. She currently uses an old Sony Walkman phone and is fairly satisfied with it so she doesn't need too many high-end features. Is there any reason why one shouldn't consider Nokia Asha phones for basic smartphone use?

I originally considered the Nokia 520 but it doesn't have a flash and it appears that the 525 will not have one either, and the torch is a must for her (display brighteners just don't cut it).

sksundram

In the zone
No, don't consider the asha series at all. Coz they are expensive dumb phones. And you won't find any dedicated torch in any of the smartphones. Now, there are much better reasons to go for lumia 520/525 or xolo q800/q700 if your budget is around 7k-8k.
1. Better price to performance ratio
2. Better net surfing experience
3. Believe me the TORCH apps (they are one click away) throw much much brighter lights than any of the dedicated torchlights out there
4. She will be delighted to be a part of quora experience. :D

And using smartphones is not an uphill task.

raja manuel

In the zone
Are you saying that torch apps that cause the display to brighten are very powerful, or that torch apps that use the flash are very powerful?
I admit that I am disappointed at the price at which the 503 has been launched, but I'm guessing that is just the launch price and it will settle lower in a couple of months.
In any case is there a reliable phone in the sub 10K range that has a flash?

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Suggest me a phone under 10k capable of running gta san andreas. :D big screen+raw power for gaming required. I dont care about cam, battery life etc.

Top Bottom