** ~10k mobile advice thread **

sksundram

In the zone
Are you saying that torch apps that cause the display to brighten are very powerful, or that torch apps that use the flash are very powerful?
I admit that I am disappointed at the price at which the 503 has been launched, but I'm guessing that is just the launch price and it will settle lower in a couple of months.
In any case is there a reliable phone in the sub 10K range that has a flash?

Both and check xolo q800/q700. ASS could be a problem but then if ASS is super-priority then you should stick to only Nokia 525 but it doesn't have a flash. The thing is you have to sacrifice some part of the deal coz no phone is perfect. :cool:

raja manuel

In the zone
Both and check xolo q800/q700. ASS could be a problem but then if ASS is super-priority then you should stick to only Nokia 525 but it doesn't have a flash. The thing is you have to sacrifice some part of the deal coz no phone is perfect. :cool:
Ha, yeah! No phone is perfect indeed, though my k750i (RIP) was perfect for my needs. Looks like the Lumia 525 will have a very high launch price though (around 12K) so will have to either go for the 520 or wait to see if the price falls. Is the 512 MB of RAM much of a limitation on the 520 for anything other than games? My sister doesn't even know there are games on her walkman phone so gaming limitations on the 520 won't be a problem.

Yes, ASS is important, but reliability that doesn't require ASS is very important which is why I'm looking at Nokia. My colleagues use many different phones and even brands like Samsung are not reliable. My humble Nokia 1280 is a tank compared to my colleague's S2.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ha, yeah! No phone is perfect indeed, though my k750i (RIP) was perfect for my needs. Looks like the Lumia 525 will have a very high launch price though (around 12K) so will have to either go for the 520 or wait to see if the price falls. Is the 512 MB of RAM much of a limitation on the 520 for anything other than games? My sister doesn't even know there are games on her walkman phone so gaming limitations on the 520 won't be a problem.

Yes, ASS is important, but reliability that doesn't require ASS is very important which is why I'm looking at Nokia. My colleagues use many different phones and even brands like Samsung are not reliable. My humble Nokia 1280 is a tank compared to my colleague's S2.

better wait for 525. it will be supported by future apps requiring 1gb ram and also future revisions of os.

sksundram

In the zone
And plz don't even consider sams#it

Since you stated that gaming is not a priority and a reliable brand is what you want, i would say just go for nokia 520. 512mb ram is not a problem for this phone. It's a very very fluid phone. There's no point in going for 525 as it will be pricey as compared to 520 and has no upgrade other than a 1gb ram. I think your sis will love the windows phone experience. :)

sksundram

In the zone

Since you stated that gaming is not a priority and a reliable brand is what you want, i would say just go for nokia 520. 512mb ram is not a problem for this phone. It's a very very fluid phone. There's no point in going for 525 as it will be pricey as compared to 520 and has no upgrade other than a 1gb ram. I think your sis will love the windows phone experience. :)

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I say wait for 525 as a user of Lumia 520 since 2 months i can tell you that 512mb of ram is indeed a limitation.IE and UC browser cannot handle heavy web pages.Opening multiple tabs leads to crashes sometimes.Other than that overall the phone is very smooth.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I say wait for 525 as a user of Lumia 520 since 2 months i can tell you that 512mb of ram is indeed a limitation.IE and UC browser cannot handle heavy web pages.Opening multiple tabs leads to crashes sometimes.Other than that overall the phone is very smooth.

I agree with this. But, 525 will have less battery life compared to 520. That'll be negligible though.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
how the battery is affected on lumia 525?

Both have the same battery and other hardwares except RAM. It's obvious that 525 will have less battery life because if the higher RAM. But, Never Mind, It will be more or less same.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Both have the same battery and other hardwares except RAM. It's obvious that 525 will have less battery life because if the higher RAM. But, Never Mind, It will be more or less same.

how does ram affect the battery life??

Minion

Conversation Architect

Battery may be little longer due to larger ram due to lesser read write and caching.

Top Bottom