** ~10k mobile advice thread **

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So, there remained LG Optimus Net P690 and HTC Explorer. Both have good chipsets, Optimus has better processor (800MHz vs 600 MHz), both have same GPU

Explorer has new processor based on Cortex A5 core. so the performance takes a big leap forward.

Optimus has a better battery capacity(1500mAh vs 1230mAh) [battery life?]

should have better battery life.

Optimus has higher internal memory (150mb vs 90mb).

thats a deal breaker for most.

The screen on both, though, theoretically same [3.2"], LG wins here because of more crisp display, and Explorer has less 'available' screen due to touch buttons.

how can it be? buttons should be excluded from the screen area. have you checked side by side? IMO, Explorer's display is a bit more wide so it looks small.

I also found that typing was easier on Optimus Net as compared to HTC Explorer. There were physical buttons for the commonly used items also - bonus.

physical buttons >>> touch ones. helps a lot. while unlocking screen and just touching them without activating anything.

Overall, I personally liked the user interface of LG Optimus Net as compared to HTC Explorer.

Sense UI on bigger mobiles looks far better than the ones on Explorer. Its stripped to make it work on a slow processor + limited internal memory.

Optimus Net has way better development and support as compared to HTC Explorer. So, I personally preferred LG Optimus Net, after seeing both of them.

LG doesn't lock bootloader so trying a custom rom is as easy as root & flash.

bubusam13

Human
^^my bro has a fire xt it doesn't lag at all dude..!!

only thing bad with it pixel density although it seems to be same with Net too... once u use phone like XCD35 u will not be able to compromise on ppi........

I have used XCD35 and that is the reason I am worried about. XCD35 is out of stock everywhere and I like its screen.

aroraanant

Explorer
I have also used XCD but guys believe me you will love the explorer screen. Just don't consider the screen size difference.

aroraanant

Explorer
I have used it, its pretty good, and also it has already got or will get the ICS update where else I think mini won't.And the build quality of LWW is also good.
I just suggest everyone to stay away from these sliding keypads as they mostly give problem after a year or so.
But if you think you really need a external keypad then u can go for it

bubusam13

Human
Yes actually I need a keypad as I text a lot. Aniwz, if I get problem in external keyboard, then LWW is okay.

I have extended my budget to 15K

How is this. And within 15K which one will be nice.

aroraanant

Explorer
Around 15k then here are the options which you have:
One V- thats the best option, it costs around 16.2k(with 8GB card)
Neo V- costs around 16-17k
Desire S- it costs 15-16k(with 8GB card)
Xpeira U costs around 16-16.5k, but only 4GB memory is there
Incredible S- for around 18k(with 8GB card)

desai_amogh

In the zone
hi guys..
need an android fone, the cheapest one available. good brand though.. like samsung. Im stuck between galaxy pocket and galaxy Y. Do I have any other option ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
hi guys..
need an android fone, the cheapest one available. good brand though.. like samsung. Im stuck between galaxy pocket and galaxy Y. Do I have any other option ?

The Galaxy Y is a good phone but it would be better to get a Explorer. Lot better of a phone considering the small price difference :wink:

desai_amogh

In the zone
its Rs 1500 difference.. for a slower phone.. battery and screen is better than Y though.. so for 8K is there a better phone than Y or explorer ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
explorer got better processor (don't go by clock speed). only 2 big problems with explorer are: locked bootloader will cause problem before you can root. need to sign some petition that denies warranty & extremely low internal space (HD games will cause problem for sure). if you are ok with these, forget Y.

desai_amogh

In the zone
Thanks SAM !!

1st of all im not at all interested in Games, so space doesnt seem to be an issue for me. What about the bootloader thing ?? I have rooted a lot of sony ericsson embedded phones earlier but this is going to be my 1st Android phone. Could you shed some more light over that bootloader and petition thing you were talking about ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you have to connect mobile to pc using HTC's pc suite & agree to some terms and conditions. though this was done in US but should be same even here. but good news is a group of devs has created a unlocking method that completely bypass signing the petition. but as i have read it a few months back then Explorer was most likely not launched. Google about the bypass method or visit XDA developers. it was there i read the bypass thing.

desai_amogh

In the zone
Hey sam another thing.. one of my frnds got a Wildfire S 5 months ago. there was a huge lag in everything he did and the fone used to get stuck all the time. Now ther are replacing it. my frnd is fedup of the fone. and selling the replacement for 10k Its a box pack un opened phone just received 2 days ago. Do you feel its a good deal ???

hareesh

Broken In
ViewSonic ViewPhone 3

ViewSonic ViewPhone 3 Dual-SIM Android smartphone launched in India for Rs. 9,990

is this a good deal?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ that phone sports a modded regina launcher for sure. and that is a big bloatware. btw avoid mobiles from companies like Viewsonic, Gigabyte, etc. they launch a few mobiles only and never receive any sort of update. officially or unofficially.

Hey sam another thing.. one of my frnds got a Wildfire S 5 months ago. there was a huge lag in everything he did and the fone used to get stuck all the time. Now ther are replacing it. my frnd is fedup of the fone. and selling the replacement for 10k Its a box pack un opened phone just received 2 days ago. Do you feel its a good deal ???

10k for Wildfire S is a good deal specially as it has more internal memory with slightly better cam.

bubusam13

Human
Hi Guys, Xperia Neo V or Xperia Ray will be great ?
I liked Ray much.

And also, does the golden colour of Ray wear out ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom