** ~10k mobile advice thread **

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Re: Help me buying a mobile with 10 k !!!

But can i wait for some more days so that i get a better model which are released in 2012 ???????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
At 10-12k budget, there are no mobile to be launched in the near future, but older ones should get their prices cut. moreover don't expect anything from Samsung. they'll pack 1Ghz processor with 512Mb ram but a terrible screen. LG on the other hand will always stick to outdated android version. that also with full of bloatwares. HTC = Pricy. There is Motorola Defy Mini to be launched & Xperia Mini/Live with walkman waiting for a pricedrop.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam any idea when will the price of live/mini drop...?

if you compare current market price to last years, prices has came down by around 1k. once Ace Plus appears, Mini should get its priced slashed to 12k (selling for 13k at flipkart). i doubt we'll see 4 figure price for Mini/Pro. At MWC (World Mobile Congress) next month, Sony "may" announce Mini's successor. expect a pricedrop after that.

Neeraj J

Broken In
I think LG Optimus Net Dual is best deal within ~10K range. Dual SIM android mobile with 800Mhz CPU and Adreno200 graphics. Great VFM

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think LG Optimus Net Dual is best deal within ~10K range. Dual SIM android mobile with 800Mhz CPU and Adreno200 graphics. Great VFM

Its a GSM+GSM phone. He wants a CDMA+CDMA

BTW I already had recommended that phone earlier and had recognised my mistake.

bubusam13

Human
Which one will be better. I need a QWERTY FOR TEXTING.

LG Fathom

LG Fathom VS750 Mobile With 3G Price - Buy LG Fathom VS750 Mobile With 3G Price in India, Best Prices n Review

Sony Xperia X10 mini pro

Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro Price - Buy Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro Price in India, Best Prices n Review

bubusam13

Human
-------------------------------------------------------
nobody replied :(

ok and this?? which one will be good.

Brand New Nokia N97 Mini 8GB Memory/3G/Wi-Fi/5 MP/ Qwerty Keypad Touch Screen !! | eBay

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
I want to get a Mob under 10 k most of them suggested LG optimus NET but I need too have a better look and a bigger screen so I preferred Samsung Galaxy Fit ( though it has a lower clock speed and memory . It have a Bigger Screen & a 5 MP camera )

and Is there any possibilities for the above mentioned mob get its android version upgraded to ICS ( 4.0) if not possible can it be upgraded to android 2.3.6 ???

also which one is moddable, samsung or LG. I prefer to use a modded 1 than the stock ;)

Plz help me...I need to Select the Best one...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
All of them are moddable and you can install custom rom in all mentioned. But seriously the optimus net is best among all mentioned.

You can install ICS on both the fit and net. But a better hardware on net would be better for running ICS. It has double the RAM. Faster proccesor.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I want to get a Mob under 10 k most of them suggested LG optimus NET but I need too have a better look and a bigger screen so I preferred Samsung Galaxy Fit ( though it has a lower clock speed and memory . It have a Bigger Screen & a 5 MP camera )

somehow grab a Fit & Optimus Net or HTC Explorer. compare the screen. you'll revert your decision about getting Fit on that very spot. My 2 friends have Fit. Screen have extremely poor contrast. Pics looks grainy. Oh, mobile is light but thick.

and Is there any possibilities for the above mentioned mob get its android version upgraded to ICS ( 4.0) if not possible can it be upgraded to android 2.3.6 ???

2.3.6 is possible but as it is Samsung 99% chance there won't be any other update.

Android 4.0? Galaxy S & even S+ won't get it.

also which one is moddable, samsung or LG. I prefer to use a modded 1 than the stock ;)

all mobiles can be modded. samsung & LG have unlocked bootloader. means root, flash custom recovery & then custom rom. Better grab the one with better specs. All will get Android 4.0 unofficially. stable or unstable.

All of them are moddable and you can install custom rom in all mentioned. But seriously the optimus net is best among all mentioned.

You can install ICS on both the fit and net. But a better hardware on net would be better for running ICS. It has double the RAM. Faster proccesor.

:lol: karan same reply by both of us. i can read your brain :wink:

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
wow cool stuffs man...thanx for your reply......

I'm hesitating to buy LG is coz I don't know whether they are good in mobiles & reliable as samsung....That hinders me to decide...

Is there any user in here using LG Optimus Net

I read this review *tech2.in.com/reviews/smartphones/lg-optimus-net-review/257342 It wasn't satisfying for me :( :(
The pictures in the links, is not too appealing for me...:( :(
I jus want to know whether the Clarity in LG Net is Better than in Samsung Fit...

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. I use a dual sim optimus net. What exact clarity are you talking off? Screen? It has a better screen than fit. Better resolution. And obviously a lot lot more superior hardware.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Both dual sim and the normal version are complete same. Before making final decision try to use both the phones at a shop or mall. That should clear your doubts :wink:

Top Bottom