** ~10k mobile advice thread **

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Guys I'm too worried about the brand LG....Reliability , service etc

The spec of LG optimus Net seems to be far better than the rest @ that price. But can you please specify the next best mobile to buy under 10 k...?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

The spec of LG optimus Net seems to be far better than the rest @ that price. But can you please specify the next best mobile to buy under 10 k...?

There is Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Y. But both have lot less RAM when compared to Optimus Net.

The Camera on Fit is 5 mp. Galaxy Y its 3. But Fit is a old phone. Get a Galaxy Y if you dont get Optimus NEt.

People might say to go for Dell XCD. But I would say to avoid it. Its just a rebranded ZTE :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Samsung = LG = Nokia = proper service in India.

LG wins in build quality hands down in the 10k & below section. i got only 3 complain against LG:
1) 1500mah battery that drains really fast. but depends as i am a heavy user.
2) LG mobile is never tuned for performance as Samsung mobile with similar specs scores more in benchmark.
3) Lastly, if LG wants to pack bloatware, they better pack some usable one. not hyper crappy sh*ts.

Lastly, this sounds odd but true. LG mobiles are best supported by DEVs. look at Galaxy Fit's XDA DEV section. got a ton of rom but most are either beta or alpha. on the other hand Optimus One got a ton of rom but most are perfectly stable and have some really good tweaks and scripts. same is true for Optimus 2X.

also idk why but Fit is not supported by Clockworkmod team (you must have it to use custom rom). a few days ago tried installing clockworkmod recovery on a friend's Fit but software doesn't recognizes mobile properly and keeps offering Huawei & some nameless options to select.

There is Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Y. But both have lot less RAM when compared to Optimus Net.

300-350Mb but enough for daily use. in my mobile 300Mb ram is always free :| if i could have, i'll allocate another 100Mb to the GPU :p (around 95Mb is shared by GPU)

The Camera on Fit is 5 mp. Galaxy Y its 3. But Fit is a old phone. Get a Galaxy Y if you dont get Optimus NEt.

Y got 2Mp.

People might say to go for Dell XCD. But I would say to avoid it. Its just a rebranded ZTE :|

discontinued hence finding one will be really difficult. also not recommended. better choice is HTC Explorer.

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
You guys are giving hell lot of support for Optimus Net...so I'll go for it....

Then another request I need a non android mob ranging below 7.5 K be it a full touch screen.
Usage - Music , calls

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sam said:
Y got 2Mp.
My bad. Thanks for correction.

dmanojkmr said:
any other competitors....I need some more options./..?
Wee, we have given you many options-

Optimus Net
HTC Explorer
Galaxy Y

Why dont you reasearch a bit more and post a phone (with its link) and we can give recommendations if you have any other phone in mind :wink:

and as said above LG service aint that bad. Many people have a lot of problem just choosing from even 3.

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
yep...My main problem is that i couldn't even find this LG optimus net almost in all stores..that makes me feel for it.

Not available
Poorvika
croma
Reliance digital
mobile stores

Available/B]
Univercell

why is that this phone is not available in many stores if it the best mob under 10 k...

also 1 great news is that They slashed the price of LG OPtimus Net to Rs. 8.5K in Univercell :) :)

Also I asked for non android competitors which i am going to get one for my dad..that should be less than 7.5 K

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
For your dad- samsung wave y
even i could not find optimus net so i went for galaxy y....

Last edited:

daksh1990

Right off the assembly line
My budget is about 7K i have decided upon these3 phones:
-Samsung Wave 525
-Samsung Wave Y
-Samsung Galaxy Y
pls give advice which of these phones is worth buying and any new models also available in market...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
avoid 525. its way too old & the Bada version on that mobile looks and feels more like a spiced up face-lifted java. even for a non-tech person it should be avoided.

ajayritik

Technomancer
For your dad- samsung wave y
even i could find optimus net so i went for galaxy y....

You meant you could not find?

I have LG Optimus Net but not that impressed with it. But definitely better than the other Samsung models available for under 10k.

yep...My main problem is that i couldn't even find this LG optimus net almost in all stores..that makes me feel for it.
why is that this phone is not available in many stores if it the best mob under 10 k...
What is so strange about it? Haven't you come across cases where a real good selling product is not available in the market due to more demand and less production.

hareesh

Broken In
Want a budget Phone for friend

1. Budget Phone

2. Should be A Dual Sim Phone

3. Camera optional

4. Blue tooth enabled

5. Nokia/ Samsung

please advice

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
I still didn't get my mobile. It is not available any stores in chennai :( :(

I gave up my decision to get Optimus Net...what else can i go for don't want HTC its service sucks here....Please something else around 10k ?

sorry guys for troubling you...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wait a month or so. you may be able to grab Galaxy Ace for 10-11k as Ace+ & Ace2 will be released soon so that will surely drive prices down.

Planing to get a phone for my sister.

1. Budget?|10k Tight
2. Display type and size? | 3" or higher
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? | Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? | Not brand specific
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). | touch or touch n type
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. | In this budget 3.2 with AF is K.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). | Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. | wifi + 3G
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? | If it is android i dont ned to specify these.. ryt.. ;-)
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc) ? | primary use is use as a phone, then she loves music n a bit of internet surfing capability comes in handy
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? | LG Optimus One, Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102
12. Any other info that you want to share |She wants a dual sim android phone . But i havent seen may dual sim good android phones. So if there are good ones, share it please.

Will Galaxy Ace + n Ace 2 be available in this budget ?
What about motorola Defy ?

Top Bottom