1 Mbps Unlimited Broadband India

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hi all,

Do anyone of you have any idea of any good ISP in Gurgaon that gives 1mbps UL plans but it should be at lease 1mbps.

Thanks

Soumik

Padawan
Cant say abt Gurgaon. But wanted to share.. Bangalore Spectranet 2mbps connection is pretty good. Just got it a month back.. It gives around 1.8-1.9Mbps download and upload speeds, and so far no downtimes. Nothing is blocked and there is no FUP. Price is 1600 including tax.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Not very soon imo. Many foreign countries too have this FUP madness. Also if FUP does go away, either prices of Internet will go up(meaninglessly) or speeds come down :(

This is wrong. ISP's do not pay for data USAGE. They pay for SPEED .

What i am trying to say is suppose MTNL borrows bandwidth from say FLAG, then MTNL has to pay for the speed they choose. The guys at FLAG do not monitor how much data you download.

So FUP is useless. However there is another side to the story as i would say in hindi "pehlu" and that is the data downloaded depends upon speed, so one can say that speed and data download are interlinked.

Economically FUP Does not make much sense for ISP's thats why you notice they reduce your speed after a certain data download, and not totally cut off internet connection (which would be real FUP). This is because they are paying for speed and not DATA download.

AS i have already mentioned many times, the ISP's in India are making a fool out of us by giving FUP and that too of 15GB. Pathetic. Talking about FUP in foreign countries they are much more sensible, plus look at the other perks of extremely low latency, movies pay on demand for very little money.

talk about internet in india . :facepalm:

tkin

Back to school!!
Some guy in Indiabroadbandforum said that isps had to pay per GB of data. Not sure if true...........

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Hey guys i don't know if somebody has posted this or not.. but i found this plan quite interesting and thinking of switching to it..

check the "Freedom 999" plan in the link:

Welcome to Reliance Communications

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
This is wrong. ISP's do not pay for data USAGE. They pay for SPEED .

Could be like this hypothetical scenario.

ISP gets 100 Mbps. It has promised 1 Mbps to 1000 people. They assume not everyone uses his capacity always.
Now if it is without FUP, it is more likely that a higher percentage of people will be tempted to use their connection for a longer time.
This will result in the total bandwidth demand exceeding 100 Mbps.
Result = PROBLEM.
So they restrict your usage to a small FUP but advertise a high bandwidth.

Very smart ISP. Very very foolish customer

Hrishi

I am availing Internet services of Spectranet ISp.
Currently I have opted for 1mbps up/512kbps down plan @900/month.
There is no Fair Usage Policy applicable also the downtime are very rare in my area.

Last month I had used 512Kbps plan for 700rs and downloaded 97GB of data.

This month I have used around 160GB+ data within 20 days.
But this one has very poor ping results , not recommended for Online gaming.

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Hey guys i don't know if somebody has posted this or not.. but i found this plan quite interesting and thinking of switching to it..

check the "Freedom 999" plan in the link:

Welcome to Reliance Communications

Download Speed 12 Mbps :shock: (25 GB) after 1mbps.

Price : 999

Last edited:
Top Bottom