Zebronics PSU question

blademast3r

In the zone
Hey guys..

I have a zebronics 500w psu.. My main power hungry components are ATI HD 5750 Oced to 850,1350 from stock 750,1050.. And amd athlon x2 240 which im currently ocing.. WIll it be able to take it? anyone has had experience with zeb psu?? also is there any utility which measures the current power consumption

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You should change ths PSU asap. You shouldn't be risking quality components by using a cheap PSU. The rating of 500W is just a misnomer, the actual rating is far less for cheap PSU's. Get a PSU from Corsair.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
This psu is from the platinum series.. anyone had experience? I never knew this was that bad.. seems like the comp guy duped me :(

abirthedevil

In the zone
platinum and what not tags are used by indian brands like zebby but the product is crap, i suggest you go for corsair vx450 a bitt pricey but quality but just curious how much did zeb psu cost you?

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
you might risk of ur components being fried up so don't take risk dude get a branded one like corsair hx540 or cooler master gx550 or above wud cost abt3-4k

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
Damn.. I think im gonna invest in a crosair.. I had asked the dealer for a corsair.. His father is a friend of my dad and is a nice man.. The main guy is the son. He sent a zebronics and convinced dad its better.. This was a year back.. cost me 2.3k :(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
If you can manage replace the Zebronics PSU. Till then run your system on stock including the GPU.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
Damn.. I think im gonna invest in a crosair.. I had asked the dealer for a corsair.. His father is a friend of my dad and is a nice man.. The main guy is the son. He sent a zebronics and convinced dad its better.. This was a year back.. cost me 2.3k :(

good decision mate !!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Efficiency while may not be great but it might be able to deliver the rated output +- 50 watts margin. Main problem is the quality of current it will be providing to your motherboard and other components. Definitely will stress your components more and hence the life will be shorter for your PC.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
ok.. heres wht ive decided.. buying the corsair tx 850 w.. Yes its outrageous for this...im also buying an amd x6 1075t..

question : how do i know that the psu will work with my mobo?? is there sthin i need to chek?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
850W is way to much. If your cabinet/and motherboard are ATX form factor it will work. Nothing else needs to be checked.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I have experience with Zebronics Platinum series.. and they may not be 80+ efficient, but will be able to drive a HD 5750 and Athlon II 245 without no problem...no need to go for a Corsair TX850. That will be superkill for your rig.. get Corsair VX550, a better future proof solution if you upgrade your components further. But for current config, even a Corsair 450W is well enough.

I ran my Phenom II 955 (oced to 3.4-3.6 GHz), 4 GB of ram and my old HD 5770 without any problem. But suggestion is you upgrade to any higher end components, change the PSU.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
Thats the thing.. Im planning to upgrade things in the future... And i dont wanna spend on a psu for like 4 yrs :p

My mobo is micro atx form factor.. biostart 785ge.. will it work with that?

Last edited:

abirthedevil

In the zone
amd x6 1075t + furture upgrade? plan on getting an high end graphic card/cards ?
i think you should go for vx550 it comes with 5 years warranty btw check the following page(Antec Power Supply Calculator) to check what kind of psu you might need for your future rig

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Efficiency while may not be great but it might be able to deliver the rated output +- 50 watts margin. Main problem is the quality of current it will be providing to your motherboard and other components. Definitely will stress your components more and hence the life will be shorter for your PC.

the local PSU can't deliver 70% of their rating. stretch them & they'll go up in smoke.

Top Bottom