Youtube has taken some countermeasures to prevent downloading their videos.

Neuron

Electronic.
Since about 2 days i can't download videos from youtube using IDM or Orbit's grabber.Some googling has confirmed that this is now common.However i can download videos shared on other pages,for example TDF.It might still be possible to dig up the video from the browser's cache.Anyway if you guys find a fix for IDM or Orbit kindly post it here.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
FDM is still functioning as earlier. If you are on FF, try installing Flashgot.

Krow

Crowman
About time something like this happened. The entertainment industry is going the digitally paranoid way.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, even some movies are on youtube now (like Ready,etc) so it was about time they did this :p
try keepvid.com and see if it helps :wink:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I use VideoDownloadHelper for FF, helps pick up videos from almost all video sharing sites. Was working yesterday, last I checked.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I love keepvid.com. Since it's based on cloud, it's usually the first one to fix the download issue, no matter how much change YT does to it's algos!

But, if it finds some good way to block downloading... I will be sad! Since I only download videos which I loved to death, because of fear that it might be taken down and I may loose access to it!

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Since about 2 days i can't download videos from youtube using IDM or Orbit's grabber.Some googling has confirmed that this is now common.However i can download videos shared on other pages,for example TDF.It might still be possible to dig up the video from the browser's cache.Anyway if you guys find a fix for IDM or Orbit kindly post it here.

use the youtube enhancer script from userscripts...

OP
Neuron

Neuron

Electronic.
Are you sure?It does show the 'Download his video' bar,but clicking on it will download an around 2MB sized flv file.

OP
Neuron

Neuron

Electronic.
All right.I updated IDM.It's working fine now even in chrome.Grabber still isn't working.So probably it wasn't a countermeasure.Might have to do with the renewed site.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Honestly speaking, sites like YouTube are meant for streaming and not for downloading those videos. And why do we still download it ? Blame the internet connection speeds here.

Top Bottom