YouTorrent: Great New BitTorrent Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
YouTorrent: Great New BitTorrent Search Engine
Written by Ernesto on January 04, 2008

New BitTorrent sites are launched every day, but only a few stand out or have something new to offer. YouTorrent is such a new site; feature-wise it’s just a meta-search engine, but the design and user interface make it one of the best I’ve seen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*torrentfreak.com//images/youtorrent.png​

YouTorrent is “the world’s first real-time torrent comparison search engine” according to the site itself. The site is a meta search engine, which means that it doesn’t host any torrent files itself. It currently searches 12 sources; Mininova, The Pirate Bay, IsoHunt, MyBittorrent, NewTorrents, SuprNova, Monova, Vuze, BitTorrent, LegitTorrents, SeedPeer and BTjunkie.

This list of BitTorrent sites is not extensive, but it covers the three most popular torrent sites. A search for the recently released second part of Steal This Film returns quite a few results which are presented in a clean way. By default the results are ordered by popularity (seeds/peers), but they can be further sorted by date, size, and search engine. Read more...

[Via TorrentFreak]

I second the first paragraph. It is a fantastic torrent search engine. Definitely bookmark worthy stuff.

Enjoy! :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Well, as I see it now, it certainly seems to have a better user interface. Less crowded, easier to navigate and throws up some better results. I think I'll stick to youtorrent.com for all those little things I can't find on private trackers...

xbonez

NP : Crysis
exactly...i was wondering whats so new about it. torrentz does the same and i find it better as it lists multiple trackers too

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
xbonez said:
exactly...i was wondering whats so new about it. torrentz does the same and i find it better as it lists multiple trackers too
Tried YouTorrent? It does the same thing, but it does it better.

"Great people don't do different things, they do things differently."

:)

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, interface is pretty neat and that is sure a great thing for me. I like google products for the same (gmail, photo album etc)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
All of you're welcome. :)

@Sunny1211993,
It will soon have ads though. The guys behind the site probably have babies that need feeding. :p

still,i hope it doesnt become overcrowded with ads like torrentz.com.
another point which makes it better is faaaaaar better interface than torrentz.com :D:D

goobimama

 Macboy
Ads if implemented tastefully can very well be part of the interface. Look at tuaw.com and engadget. You would think the ads are part of the site. On the other hand, look at this forum! Oh my god!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Ads if implemented tastefully can very well be part of the interface. Look at tuaw.com and engadget. You would think the ads are part of the site. On the other hand, look at this forum! Oh my god!
Oh, c'mon! TUAW is a bad example. They have advertisements all over the place and they are quite distracting.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
thank you!!

nice... the seeds and peers count in torrentz.com is mostly outdated all the time... hope this site updates them soon :D

now we need another demonoid ;) :(

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom