your views on prophet's cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhawald

Broken In
first let me inform that I am a hindu
but I feel that whatever the europeans are doing(showing caricatures of prophet mohhemed) is wrong

those guys have been hankering about freedom of expression.

but i feel that etiquette,ethics and respect for others come above
freedom of expression.

what are your views on this.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Whatever the cartoonist did, he did it on a private property (the newspaper). He can shout all kinds of non-sense in it coz he has free speech in his privae property. I don't know much about the prophet, but, if anything, the violence that followed only seems to lend legitimacy to the caricature.

One saying by Benjamin Franklin comes to mind: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"

Another (funny quote) from Dan Quayle comes to mind too: "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
Substitute clean air with free speech and tell me if it's not funny.

rajas700

Youngling
There must be a limit.Being press they can do anything????Why they don't want to respect the people's religion???IF some one go against them how the f**k soughting???Like these felling dose the religion people don't have?????So i feel i must avoid in feature.

paul_007

Padawan
i agree that printing photos of prophet was wrong but i think people r over reacting on this issue. for example demand for death penalty etc.

netarget

Broken In
If we are to shout at the wrong doings of others, then, rest assured that we would die shouting.

One of the first points and maxim we learn at Jurispurdence in "IBI JUS UBI REMEDIUM" : which simply means, 'Where there is a right there is a remedy'.

Mass rallies, burning effigies, rioting or calling bandh are all a form of expressing protest. But it hurts all. Instead, there are other tactical and strategical methods to show your protest or overcome the libel.

nix

even if the cartoons were offensive, they should not go to the extreme of looking to kidnap danish people, threatening, publishing holocaust cartoons in retaliation etc....
hindu's never did it when we were offended. not to this murderous extent. due to the violence, the issue has only become bigger. senior muslim leaders should call for restraint and calm.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
nix said:
hindu's never did it when we were offended. not to this murderous extent.
I remember seeing a video from desitorrent on hindutva (i think) violence in gujarat, so I think what you are saying can't be always be true.
As long as ther's religion, there'll be cause for violence (My God's larger than your God's). It's really funny though, as not one religion (islam included) suggest violence as teh answer.

nix

^^^
the cause for that incident was differnt. The same people would not react violently to offensive cartoons.
and you are not sure about it either.

praka123

left this forum longback
West simply dont know about Islam and Arab Culture.They thought everything "cool".For eg; like the way they are viewing Christianity and the freedom offered by Christianity.U cannot expect this in other parts of the world. by putting prophet's cartoon they are surely gonna learn more about middle east and Quran. :lol:

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
There's nothing bad it's a press act and they keep doing things like that. Even cartoons of hindu gods like that ganesh and others are created. But we Hindus never mind on such things so the muslims shouldn't.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
LOL see all the violence on religions name. No two religion's idea mix perfectly even how much hard u try b'coz all these god thing was made by human at diffrent parts of the world who had diffrent ideolgies and culture. And all these religions started from culture of the society.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I agree with tuxian
besides I dont think such matters are allowed here either

netarget said:
One of the first points and maxim we learn at Jurispurdence in "IBI JUS UBI REMEDIUM" : which simply means, 'Where there is a right there is a remedy'.

Student of Law Are u???

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It ws not right thats for sure.

But, the Muslims should also forgve the cartoonist. He might not have done this knowingly.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
He did. I support him, but he did. It was in opposition to how an artist was prohibited from illustrating a children's book about Islam (not anti-Islamic) with drawings of the prophet (depicting the prophet pictorally is forbidden in Islam). It was done deliberately, therefore. Also, Hindus do take offence many a time though I have not heard of any of them demanding the death penalty). For example, the portraits of Hindu gods on footwear, tiffin boxes, etc.

tuXian

In the zone
but, if anything, the violence that followed only seems to lend legitimacy to the caricature.

Can u elaborate on what did u mean by that......if this thread is locked then PM me with your reply.

How come this thread has been re-opened. I remeber Raaabo had already locked it.
Did anyone PM the mods with a valid reason...if yes can the mods let us know what that valid reason was.

Oh! got it opened with the introduction of a new section....well Fight club fights limited to technology is good but allowing such topics is a bad decision after all.

It will result in flames and abuses and the loser will be technology in due course.

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well i think what the cartoonist did was wrong , but rioting will not do any good either , it'll hurt only you not the cartoonist .

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
well i think what the cartoonist did was wrong , but rioting will not do any good either , it'll hurt only you not the cartoonist .
I completely agree with u.After all every time common man have to pay for these kinds of behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom