your views on prophet's cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Making a caricature of the prophet was an absolutely bad thing!! Should not have been done! But then in the same way, MF Hussain should also control himself and not draw pictures of nude hindu deities!

That Danish reporter and MFHussain both are idiots and they create controversy by their foolish acts!

mAYHEM

Journeyman
It was totally wrong,
That reporter should knows its against Islam.He took the feelings and faith of muslims for granted.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
This seems like a case of exaggeration, judging by the reaction. A war; that sounds insane! But having said that, if I were a devout Muslim and see an image of the Prophet 'misrepresented' in a daily, I wouldn't be amused one bit.

Freedom of Speech and autonomy of the Press is crucial, giving them the right to print and speak one's mind. But certainly the Press has an obligation towards the masses whereby it doesn't offend anyone and exercises its liberty with a good measure of caution.

I can recall one or two cases similar to this one where Hindu deities have been 'misrepresented' in various forms; mainly in the West. In fact, Hindu deity's images are rather prevalent in the genre of rock music. But the situation, I believe, never went off hand and turned into a crisis.

I guess Westerners should look more carefully at the religious and cultural significance behind the imagery, rather than just plainly opting for a religious imagery of some kind to make a statement.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Well , the people in west have think freely , and they r not biased by the religion

like in germany a restaurant uses pic of jesus christ, shri Ram and mary on a tissue paper and there was no furore on that but on Shri Ram some hindu oraganisations in UK protested againstt this .

We should not be religion biased but free thinking biased. but @ same time donot
disrespect ur religion . but the violence by muslims was not justified . They had some problems with thier thinking . They have same thinking now which was 1500 yrs back when islam was born .So there is nothing much we can do to change their thinking

shaunak

Tux Fan
Sure the cartoonist had and still has freedom of expression. but balant misuse of power and right is best left to the politicians. We live in a democracy {so does the cartoonist} and we must learn to live in peace and harmony and respect all other cultures and appreciate their sentiments.

we all are free to express our views to like minded tolerant people {like i am doing here}; but our convictions are best left out of leading national dailies, especially not expressed in such a manner that would hurt the sentiments of an entire community.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Unlike most of the westners ( I mean most and not all), we indians are very very strong believers of Faith. A true Indian is one who believes in one God. I read this thread very carefully and I was stunned to find some of us feel that it is freedom of expression and one has the right to say what ever he wants.
Yes I do believe in freedom of expression but when it comes to matter of faith I have zero tolerance. I believe we should blindly I mean blindly believe our religion and there should be no tolerance towards those who raise questions about religions. If all the digit members believe in one god then all the members should condem it strongly without saying about freedom of press crap. I feel that rogue should be hanged he is not christian or he is not a jew he is an apostate. He belongs to no faith and so is MF Hussain, Salman Rushdie, and Tasleema Nasreen. They all should be hanged. Those Digit members who support them saying that he has the right to express his views then I got three words for you : Suck my dick

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
@jamesbon007:i oh so agree with you james,but how can a beautiful woman like you have a dick?
p.s:eat my ass,those who believe in freedom of speech

nix

^^both of you dont know the importance of free speech. you deserve to be in north korea.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@nix: hey why do you think N Korea alone ?

@led_shankar : lose what you mean freedom ? Do you think thats possible ??

praka123

left this forum longback
ppl must have the freedom to express their thoughts.whatever moslems thinks.moslems are not special or UFO's they are just men with redblood and high animosity(not all of them!)AND anger towards others.

anandk

Distinguished Member
painting caricature of Prophet Mohammed is AS BAD AS mfhussain drawing nude hindu deities !

and guys let not forget along with FREEDOM comes RESPONSIBILITIES too !

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
That M* F* Hussain doesn't deserve half the credit and fame he gets. There
have been way better and more sensitive artists in this country, and still the
mass-media seems to ignore them for this person who lets all his grumpy desires
on the canvas.

You bring me his head and I'll give you a ...rupee. Only a joke *cough*.

nix

^^ its very sad that we hindu's have not protested much against these paintings by MF hussain. it shows we are not bothered or dont care.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Apollo said:
If I were a devout Muslim and see an image of the Prophet 'misrepresented' in a daily, I wouldn't be amused one bit.

No, you would not. You would be one of the protesters. FYI... if u dint know no one in the present genre has seen the prophet and drawing cartoons of the most beloved Prophet will irk any human with some love towards his morals and religion.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
All riots and flamations are brain childs on our beloved polititions(and other countries' too).
They are the real culprets. Respect of others' religion should be paramount because religions are rooted at the heart of humans and if someone pinches that place then ofcourse people like our politions are always there to show it using a magnifing glass.

There should be a central govt for the whole world. Just like in most scifi movies and novels. That would reduce problems a lot. The more i think about this notion the more it pleases me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom