Your Journey So Far

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Which of you managed to complete the classics Prince of Persia 1 and 2?

Damn I loved that Fat Soldier level!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
This thread reminded me so much of my past. When my elder brother started learning computers in Class V, he used to share it with me and I started to like it even before I had ever seen a PC. I knew most of LOGO before I ever attended the first computer class in my school, that too without having ever used a PC
I liked computers so much and scored so well in school that everyone in my class thought I had a PC at home but didn't tell them coz they would want to come to my house.
I got my first PC when I was in Class IX. It was Cyrix M2 800 Mhz PC with 128MB RAM and 40GB HDD. I still remeber how on the second day that I got the PC, I was too afraid to even switch it on and asked my brother to do it!
I always liked doing different kinds of stuff with my PC. Initially I tried my hand at Photoshop and Flash. As a result I learned a bit of programming and can also edit photos pretty well.
Back then I tried Maya on my PC. I loved it so much that I wanted to go into the 3D animation industry. But the courses turned out to be too expensive for me. So I carried on with commerce as I had begun to like the stock markets.
nevertheless, my interest in computers never died. I got my first digit mag in April 2005, had subscribed for 15 months @ Rs. 67 per issue. That started to get me interested in hardware too. So I knew what was a GPU, PSU, how HDDs worked, what was the difference between CPU and cabinet!
By class XII, I was pretty much the geek. Every computer related problem anyone faced in class was referred to me.
When I got Internet, I stopped programming and all and became more interested in movies and TV shows. I also started blogging and all.
Digit mag and TDF forum have played a major role in my tech life. I owe 80% of my knowledge to them, directly or indirectly. It also drove my curiosity which forced me to learn more.
I also remember the time when Jasubhai Digital media got taken over by 9dot9. the mag and forum were hitting all time lows after a few months. Glad that they realised their mistake and reverted some of the changes to restore digit to the glory it deserves. However, the fasttracks still don't match the quality of the ones that were given in the beginning when it was launched (1 month before I started buying)

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
lemme share my Story journey.
i first got to see a computer when i was in class 1 or 2 probably, when my ma used to learn it from a Computer Coaching Centre. It was an oldie one with probably Win95, not sure though. and i first experienced it in class 3. And it was love at first sight! From then i was completely mad in love with it. Computer Education became my fav class to attend and to top that up we had a young and really beautiful teacher. :-D :censored::cloud9::nanananana:
From then it was no looking back. I always got the highest marks in computer in all exams (no kidding, i swear). But my family couldn't afford a PC.
I was fine with it, and happy with whatever i learned in school and later on from class 6-7 i used to hang out at the local cyber cafe and still do, [i'm typing this from cafe :p]. Later i got a second hand P4 PC (almost new), but sold it when i was in class 10, using it for only 1.5 years. Life was as usual boring with lots and lots of studies. Finally in December of 2009 [Class XI] my dad bought me a Nokia 5130 XM. And EDGE showed me the way to fulltime internet. This year I joined TDF and subscribed to Digit, finally and happy here, making many friendly friends who have helped me a lot and continues to help! AND After admission to college i'll buy me a SOLID RIG, actually my dad will. :) Hoping to get it soon! I share more about that soon with you all.....

abhijangda

Padawan
Aah!! I remember, my first encounter with computer. 1 July 2000, it was a rainy day and my father brought an assembled PC powered with Intel Celeron Processor, 128 MB RAM, 10 GB Hard Disk, Windows 98 SE (don't know pirated or genuine). Really, I was very excited about that.

At that time, I was in 3rd.
After that I started playing games and all that. After, some time I started with an experiment to install Windows 98 SE (of course pirated one :p). And then dual boot with XP.

Then, in summer vacations of 8th class, I touched those 2 years old Digit Magzines, which my father brought from New Delhi. And really, I was amazed to see so many softwares. They were 2 or 3 magzines with two CDs Mindware and Playware. At that time I didn't have any desire to study magzines. So, I requested my father to subscribe to Digit. And I got my first in June, same year (Yes, I was lucky I got Anniversary edition :D ).
After that, my interest in reading magzine grew and in CDs falled. With one thing I was very impressed was, Linux. The first Linux I remember I tried to installed was Fedora Core 4, whose ISO images I got from Digit. But, it didn't installed and my 4 CDs go wasted.
After that in January 2007, I visited this forum and registered here. Really, the guys here are great and I think they are really devoted with solving problems. I knew I had a fight with someone (I didn't remember who he/she was) on the matter of Quick Heal antivirus :D .

After, that I installed for the first time Fedora 7 Mooshine. Then Fedora 8 Wareworlf. At that time, with dialup I couldn't even think of installing gstreamer-plugins to play mp3 files. So, I just convert all mp3 files to ogg and then play them all in Fedora :p . After that when I got my braodband connection I was very happy because I was able to connect using it in Fedora 9.

Then, I started downloading all the Fedora versions, Fedora 10 to Fedora 14. Also, this forum help me to solve many problems in Linux. Only,because of Digit and Digit forum I was able to install and run Linux. Now, during most of my work (which include programming, playing The Battle for Wesnoth and surfing internet) is done on Fedora. Not only this, I also told about whole this Linux thing to my friends. And, once I gave a full lecture in my class on Linux. Won some prizes in Computer Quizes and Programming competition for school. I was popular as Computer guy (oh!! more specifically Linux guy or Fedora guy) in my school and in my colony. :D

Really, this forum (and mag too) is great.

Top Bottom