YOU TUBE- what is the meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
Tube is common slang for television. (due to the "picture tube" in the, most probably)

YouTube would mean something like a "TV in your hands"

this is all a guess, obviously :p

hailgautam

Youngling
why your name kerthi, why the guy posting above known as led_sankar, why me call myself here hailgautam,
why this forum is thinkdigit, a simple reason the person having the authority to name liked it :*)

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
why not mail to

Chad Hurley, Founder & CEO
Steve Chen, Founder & CTO
Jawed Karim, Founder & Advisor

of YouTube.com

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
hailgautam said:
a simple reason the person having the authority to name liked it :*)

In business, just liking a name is not enough. A lot of thought goes behind what seems like a trivial issue to us :)

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@hailgautam, @amitava82, @sysfilez: this is not the best way to deal with a newbie.

@kerthivasan: Youtube means you broadcast yourself. It was started as a medium for people to share their personal videos.

OP
kerthivasan

kerthivasan

very very STUPID
desertwind said:
@hailgautam, @amitava82, @sysfilez: this is not the best way to deal with a newbie.

@kerthivasan: Youtube means you broadcast yourself. It was started as a medium for people to share their personal videos.
thanks desertwind.

even though there are many people cricize others there also few good people like u who encourage newbies.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
desertwind said:

I agree. What you wanted to say could have been said politely.

hailgautam

Youngling
desertwind said:

Did not know, I naming myself as hailgautam would hurt the feelings of a newbie (apprentice now) and a wise old owl.

well..........I request you guys to rise over your (afraid to add any adjective here for further hurting your) feelings and accept the truth. What ever I said was towards the question: y did they chose such a peculiar name?

Sorry to say but, I did not realize that it could be construed to be a personal attack on any one, which I do not wish to endeavor.

@led_shankar Yes, I agree totally that a lot of thought goes into naming anything, but they are all secondary. The liking of the person who got to name is indisputably the most important reason. First the name is chosen ant then the logic is thought.

Take the example of my name- I was named Gautam by my dad- at the time of my registration to school, But the original name at the "namakaranm" was given by my mom's mom - You would enjoy it -

Venkata Shubhra Shanta Srinivasa Somayajulu......

but now I am known as Gautam.....

primary reason my dad, who had the authority - like this name or should I say rather disliked the original name

Why only Gautam - that is my Gotram - secondary reason or the logic behind the name......
Please let me know should you have any questions or concerns.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@hailgautam: What you've said may be correct. Usually people will name the product, then they will relate it to something logical.

But what i said, the way you conveyed it in the first message was quite not a good way to treat a newbie in the forum. As an experienced guy, you could've done it better.

That's what you've done just now. :)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Lol...Poor guy wanted a simple answer...instead he's getting truck loads of crazy "gyan"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom