You got to wait for 2mbps downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
i dont think thousands of rupees will b spent if u d/l wisely ...

i m talkin of HOME500 plan... thats a gr8 bargain for such an affordable price.. :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
in Home Plan 500 its 4.5GB

i guess for emailing surfing and otherday to day stuff it would do..

as think about downloading 800MB+ per hour in 2AM to 8AM... :D .. ok.. not the best.. but certainnly in compair with any other ISP in India... come on.. ?? ask ur self is it too Bad ??

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
yea.... definitely.. one of the best plans... i am very eager to know wat airtel does to counter this plan :rolleyes:

but at the end... consumer shud b king .. :D :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vimal_mehrotra said:
do you think they will truly give 2mbps speed.i expect it to be less than 1 mbps

so far so good...

not me / u or any one execpt few high end BSNL officer will be able to answer ur question...

but how about refering to past ??

we have a Business connection of 2mbps for couple of years now... and its really 2mbps all the time...

i have only seen this with BSNL.. only ISP from the begaining of Broadband now to provide 2mbps in main stream.. no other ISP had 2mbps plan (yes they would have given a 2mbps only in a customize plan)...

so if it would have been AirTel or TATA or Reliance... they a really doubt would have came... but as its BSNL and as i have seen the performace on hand... so i am really hopefull that yes they may have the bak bone to provide... also keep in mind no 2mbps for UL plans... so that means trafic is expected to stay under control... :)

They have only fooled people..upgraded only for limited user..and if you are a limited user then
"The faster you download,the more u download and the more u pay"..
leechers like us can download 2GB of data per day using 2Mbps easily without any added effort.
BSNL sucks bigtime.
and to add,BSNL has a pathetic QOS,atleast for UL users..here in bangalore u get disconnected at least once every half an hour..so u cant think of ever downloading anything from sites like rapidshare and like which dont support accelerators and resumes for free users..:( ..the only life line is torrents.
I dnt think they will upgrade UL users to higher speeds,coz even with so called 256Kbps I manage to leech around 50GB per month..what will happen if i get 8 times this spee..what I sugest BSNL is to improve QOS,if u r saying 256Kbps the give at least 225 plus..however if i check the speed most of the times I get it varying it in 100-300Kbps with an average around 170 odd Kbps..

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
And the speeds are upto 2MBps, which means it can be 256kbps all the time and sometimes shoot upto 2MBps once in a while. Not a constant 2MBps, depending upon user access.

A similar trick is played by YOU broadband (IQARA repacked) in my place. I went complaining to them about low browsing speeds for my 256kbps pack and I didn't believe my ears when those @$$***** reminded me that their brochure clearly states that the pack will be upto 256kbps. Which means u might get 0kbps most of the time or some numbers close to it and rarely comes upto 200kbps!!!
*img103.exs.cx/img103/1719/angry.gif And to think i pay 500/-(excluding taxes) for a 1200mb limit on a 0-256kbps connection with very baad service!!! If it was not for the 2k+ registration fees, I'ld have thrown this @ his face.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
grrrrr.. Stupid thing happened to me , My exams ended 2 days ago and i was eager to get back on the computer , i came back home , started the computer and it blew up , flash of light and i am down thousands of rs ,and the joy to use 2Mbps is gone as well . Btw before my PC blowing up , i experienced this

*img397.imageshack.us/img397/4647/dctiy3.jpg

but now when i am back after three days on my comp , the speed is gone.. grr . My friend has been using my account enjoying the 2Mbps goodness since 3 days , and now when my turn came its all back to crap . boohoooo :cry: . i hope to get 2Mbps from jan 1 again.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
wtf my speed decreased .................. date 1 jan 2007 Plan home 500
Download Speed: 109 kbps (13.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 240 kbps (30 KB/sec transfer rate)

prasad_den

Padawan
My download speeds are on an average...above 150KB/s... A 10 MB file took me just over a minute to download..!!

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
prasad_den said:
My download speeds are on an average...above 150KB/s... A 10 MB file took me just over a minute to download..!!

Hi

For me to Download Yahoo Msngr ( 9.9 MB)it took only 15-20 seconds. I downloaded today Morning abt 2 am...

G8 speeed ...:cool:

digiFriend

In the zone
getting great speed in downloading. but the main web page till show old plan and download limits when we click on traffic
the news section has new plan.
"someting is better than nothing" in new plan

Last edited:

harmu.com

Right off the assembly line
am happy with the ul900,
why bsnl dose not start a 250 unlimited plan, with 128kbps, that would be nice:p
actually this 900 Rs is a bit too much for the month, and on an average i don't really more than 10 Gb download a month, including uploads, so the bandwidth is being wasted a bit...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom