You got to wait for 2mbps downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to BSNL executives, the company will only be able to upgrade its existing subscribers from a minimum download speed of 256 kbps to 2 mbps and will not be able to offer fresh connections until March 2007.

BSNL, India’s largest Internet service provider, has a market share of 44% with about 9 lakh broadband subscribers.

Effective January 1, BSNL's current broadband plans will also undergo changes. The download limit in Home 250 and Business 700 plans are being enhanced to 1 GB and 4 GB from 400 MB and 2 GB, respectively. It is also bringing down the per-MB download rates from Rs 1.40 an MB to Rs 0.90 an MB in the Home 250 plan.

India has 3 million broadband subscribers.

*www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=150021

windrider

Broken In
Outdated news.

All the new plans are hopeless. The ONLY unlimited plan has not been upgraded. BSNL sucks. Simple.

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
today i am getting more than 756 kbps and in my portal they say
home plan 500
status normal
speed up to 2 mbps

i am getting constant 70 kbps in utorrent

mayneu

Journeyman
Akhil Jain said:
sorry , i am getting constant 70 Kilobytes / sec in utorrent . however speed is going to 128 often.
u must be kidding.... tell me whats ur plan, its impossible to get such a speed. u must have misunderstood.
bsnl people havent upraded their speed now, now only u r getting double the speed what u r getting now??? must be a joke.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well last night me too from Kolkata downloaded at 220kbps (file transfer Speed) using FF2.0 from Rapidshare with Free account...

coool... :D

OP
24online

24online

Its officially on bsnl main site.

*bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=352 :p

but what is difference bet "256 Kbps/ Up to 2 Mbps" and " 2 mbps"

pls check with ur ISPs. send copy to all ur friends...

Make pressure on ISP to increase speed on what u pay.... b/s till today no private isp has announced 1 or 2 mbps speed... :mad:

use net meter to measure speed.

*readerror.gmxhome.de/

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^ KB=Kilo Byte , Kb=Kilo Bit

Bits – Bits are represented as either a 0 or a 1. If it helps, you can
think of bits as bits of a cookie, since we have are very sure of
what we like and don't like, the bit is either good (1) or it is bad
(0) :).
Byte – A byte consists of 8 bits. A byte is generally used to represent 1
character, like an A, or a #.
Source: cs.wcu.edu Pdf file
this Bit Calculator might be helpful.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobyte

When will these BSNL people will get engineers/ managers of 21st century!
I hate these 80s people who think 2mb is enough!

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
2. [url=*bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=352]The data rates for Unlimited Home 900 and 900 Plus shall continue @256 Kbps and no up gradation of bandwidth is proposed for the same.
[/URL]
THIS IS BULL$HIT!!! Now we pay 900/- for trickles of bandwidth!!!
I really feel to spit out all the 4 letter words i know onto the BSNL guyz.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
. The data rates for Unlimited Home 900 and 900 Plus shall continue @256 Kbps and no up gradation of bandwidth is proposed for the same.
they should upgrade UL plan to atleast 512 kbps if not 2 Mbps

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
bsnl is not fool.see the intelligent people there have left you thinking and will trick many users by charging them thousands per day.i am happy with my ul900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom