You got to wait for 2mbps downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont understand why the change hasnt taken abruptly?
Some users in Ahmedabad claim to be having more than 1 mbps, but i'm still stuck at 500kbps... and moreover, my torrent speeds are extremely slow, even worse than before.

When is it going to take full effect??

By The Way, if it goes on like this, fluctuating by the hour, we wont be able to play multiplayer online games [:(]

PS: If you notice carefully, the new BSNL home plan tariff, its indicated:

Bandwidth (wherever technically feasible)..

What's that supposed to mean? Isnt gandhinagar, cap. of Gujarat technically feasible for the upgrade? :x

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well this thread has certainly has made a meaning as MTNL is not increasing the speed for a week or so.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
First of all called the mtnl guys this morning and asked them when they would be upgrading the speeds and they said that it would take a few more days to get this speed.When I asked whether they had revised the tariffs with incresed data download cap they were absolutely clueless about the same.Also they confirmed my apprehensions that depending the network upgradability feasibilty and reqirements one would be able to get the 2Mbps speed that also when traffic is vey low.So the 2mbps is just like the pmpo rating of audio systems whereas 256 Kbps would be the rms.

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
well guys
i m getting worst speed i ever got hru braodband..
downlad speed is--4kbps
wat the hell is happening in bsnl..
some people claiming for 250kbps
i cant believe them....
bsnl broadband service now sucks.....thats wat i can say rite now...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Looks like it was technically feasible here , speed has not one gone below 1.8mbps since 28th of last month.

crazy_sumi

Broken In
This is so cool ...... I cant wait for this.
I applied for the BSNL connection somewhere in November.... and now the BSNL folks say that its gonna take at least a week to add new routers and that stuff.

But if they will give what they are promising, then torrents.... here I come!!!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Are u sure that bsnl won't offer fresh broadband connection till march i just filled in a form and submitted it.Please tell me that u are not sure

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I could not believe now...

How i downloaded Yahoo Msngr Setup of 9.9MB in Just 15 Sec.!!!!!

This means I am getting Nearly 1MegaBytes per Second while Downloading...

I am in Chennai.....

Anyone getting this Speed???:cool:

Maverick069

Broken In
All these broadband companies make money from their mediocre technologies by sharing the bandwidth that they sell you. Which means that you and your neighbours are all on the same line sharing bandwidth of a much larger but fluctuating margin. How else would you expect them to keep costs down?

While Airtel and Co provide good reliable service (which was recently hit by a quake in Taiwan), they charge your liver and heart for that. The PSU companies dont even have the motivation to improve. They just want more users and more money.

I am an Airtel user and my current demand to them was about hosting CS game servers in Chennai. I whined so much on the phone, the issue is being taken up by their technical management. ;)

This reminds me of the days when I used to whine with the Airtel guy who used to come to collect my bill amount that they should give us unlimited downloads 2 years ago. Couple of months of whining and they provide unlimited downloads. :D

I am sure I wasnt the only one whining...

dotcommakers

Journeyman
windrider said:
Outdated news.

All the new plans are hopeless. The ONLY unlimited plan has not been upgraded. BSNL sucks. Simple.
true mate! and speed is also not fixed its "upto 2mbps" not fix speed..

they did great advertisements... tried to do good offer.. but hopeless.. and yes specially for unlimited plan users like us

Blazingfire

Right off the assembly line
Hey guess what, I have something to say, read the line,

BSNL is bad bad bad they suck for their bad life.

My UL900 plan have slowed like hell, they have no service no understanding of broadband.
They call 2007 a broadband year and to gift they are making it to 2mbps but to fool you, what you will be doing is downloading more and exceed your limits.

And where limit is UL they give you same old 256 with even more traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom