Yahoo password hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Help Please, I put my comp into standby and went out for a while, it was connected to the internet. When I returned and saw my messenger which was ON too, It showed the message that 'You have signed in from another device'. I tried signin in but got an invalid password error. It looks like someone has hacked my password. I got a mail in my Gmail account (alternate email address in Y! profile) that my pass has changed but it didnt reveal the pass. It though revealed that the IP of the person was
[64.186.88.95].

Now please help me how to get my pass back, I dont exactly remember the date of birth I had entered in it. How can I get my pass back. And how do I see 'Event Viewer' if that helps...

::vicky::

In the zone
sir u rquest for the pass word from forget password link and the secret question u know is the one thing that only u know so try to answer the question as fast as u can before he changes the question too

S

saiaspire

The user ip[64.186.88.95] revealed the following:
IP address: 64.186.88.95
Reverse DNS: 64-186-88-95.dialup.dynamic.floodcity.net.
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified]
ASN: 0
ASN Name: IANA-RSVD-0
IP range connectivity: 0
Registrar (per ASN): Unknown
Country (per IP registrar): US [United States]
Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars]
Country IP Range: 64.186.0.0 to 64.186.127.255
Country fraud profile: Normal
City (per outside source): Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Private (internal) IP? No
IP address registrar: whois.arin.net
Known Proxy? No

IP: 64.186.88.95
City: Johnstown, Pennsylvania

Country Code: US
Currency: USD [United States Dollars]
Private IP? No
Known Proxy? No

OrgName: FLOOD CITY INTERNET SERVICE
OrgID: FCI-12
Address: 100 Eisenhower Blvd.
City: Johnstown
StateProv: PA
PostalCode: 15905

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.floodcity.net:4321

NetRange: 64.186.80.0 - 64.186.95.255
CIDR: 64.186.80.0/20
NetName: FLOOD
NetHandle: NET-64-186-80-0-1
Parent: NET-64-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.FLOODCITY.NET
NameServer: NS2.FLOODCITY.NET
NameServer: NS3.FLOODCITY.NET
NameServer: NS4.FLOODCITY.NET
Comment: rwhois.floodcity.net:4321
Comment: *www.floodcity.net
RegDate: 2005-11-30
Updated: 2005-11-30

RTechHandle: AH552-ARIN
RTechName: Hebenthal, Allen
RTechPhone: +1-814-288-3223
RTechEmail: ********@floodcity.net

OrgTechHandle: AH552-ARIN
OrgTechName: Hebenthal, Allen
OrgTechPhone: +1-814-288-3223
OrgTechEmail: ********@floodcity.net

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2006-03-26 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, first of all chck for any keyloggers in your computer etc, some password stealing apps etc which can be detected by anti-virus applications

did any one accessed the computer physically while u were away?

OP
QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No nobody was in house when i went out.

Scan in progress. will update as it gets over. thnx.

But I didnt find any fishy services residing on my comp. Can it be more likely that somebody knowing my password has hacked it? But it was way too strong for anyone to know, even my friends... It wasnt personal...

OP
QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Ok scan complete, no infections. :( I guess i'll have to forget that id and get a new one or perhaps no more yahoo for me :|

mediator

Technomancer
The chances for ur password getting back are dim.Since ur hacked, chances are that the person might have changed ur dob and profile entries too. So better concentrate what has gone wrong!
Neway are u on some shared cable internet like sify? coz chances of being hacked on that are too high since ur password is in readable format and passing thru sify gateway, and also ur pc is open to others on shared network!

I guess u keep same password for lot of accounts and stored somewhere. I'm guessing this becoz i maself hacked ma friends pass and to ma amazement he ws using that pass for a lot of other accounts, but he's ma friend so i told hime to better change that and secure his passes!

I can tell u some techniques to get it back, but u have to learn them urself.....u better pm me for that...coz its againt forum rulez to openly discuss that or better i'll give u ma yahoo id!

Neways u shud try calling yahoo ( i duuno how to do that) if that id is of extreme importance!

OP
QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
1. I am not that sure I was hacked or not, perhaps yahoo did some screw up, but yeah chances are dim. But can we actually edit DOB?

2. No I dont, never in my life have I...

3. check ur PM :)

4. In process for the 4th time...

::vicky::

In the zone
qwert maniac if u trust me give PM me ur password and the ur date of birth i will handle i will not tamper with it

S

sportymaniac

hey qwerty,good to see u again.i can only advise dump ur yahoomail and go for gmail because yahoo s***s

OP
QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
::vicky:: said:
qwert maniac if u trust me give PM me ur password and the ur date of birth i will handle i will not tamper with it
How can I give my pass when I myself dont know and I dont knwo what fake DOB I had to enter while registration :(

@sportymaniac - I wasnt using Y! for mails anyway only for the messenger :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom