Not open for further replies.
OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@naveen_reloaded
crysis runs in window for the first time
go to crysis system optipns, and under graphics tick fullscreen and apply
after that quit the game and right click on cyisis icon,then properties and set 'run as administrator'.
then it shud run on fullsvreen mode.
If it fails sometimes, then u shud just go to crysis options again and set 'run in fullscreen'

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya wht u say is right...
i went to option and selected full screenn

but the thing is first when i ran crysis it was the default driver..

then i tried installing this modded version.. now it runs at window and says that i need to select 1444x .... resolution... so i went to nvidia cpanel and found that screen resoltuion option has been missing .. when i tried to create a new screen resolution i got the error saying " custom test failed.." now i cant even view the cpanel in standard mode.. all i have is advanced mode..

now downloading 175.80 along with inf file..

just say me how u installed and wht driver are u currently using ...

and also please tell me is this the real driver or is it some kinda nforce ... something ... sorry .. i am little confused...

and also please leave ur yahoo or gmail ID. ..

waiting for ur reply

another question .. how to make a new partition ??

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Im currently using 175.16 [it was the newest when i downloaded].
and u can change resolution from windows desktop properties itself, no need to go to windows cpanel.
my gmail is
aravindn20

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
only thing is i cant ad custom resolution... i dont know whether its good or bad.. but i dont see and performance difference with installing the driver...

ok just tell me is it ok to uninstall all the graphics card driver ( i mean delete it - which asks me during uninstalling ) ?

and install the driver i downloaded from laptopvideo2go.com ?

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
u just have to install a stable version with inf and install it over than default one.

the problem with the default dell driver and the one available on their site is that most games refuses to launch, saying unsupported GPU and its clocks too is locked.

with the custom new drivers will fix most bugs and the clocks can be unlocked using apps like rivatuner or ATI tool. riva tuner will be better as ATI tool become unstable, [not the system].
use rivatuner 2.0.9 or later.

btw y do u want custom resolution? LCDs looks best on native resolutions only, which is 1440*900.

@naveen_reloaded
overclocking greately improved game performance...see the above bench scores on first post. ive updated it with oc scores too.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks VD17...

one thing guys ... i tried to install new driver from laptopvideo2go ... and installed it... the performance is toooooo bad.... i dont know... why..

so i had to rollback driver... and to my suprise .. now crysis runs smoothly..

but i grealty believe that i am the one who is making mistake here...

please can anyone upload these driver and full instruction on how to ??

that would be great..

more over i am now on broadband.. this whole night..
so please can anyone help me by today night ??

gopz

In the zone
thnks VD17...

one thing guys ... i tried to install new driver from laptopvideo2go ... and installed it... the performance is toooooo bad.... i dont know... why..

so i had to rollback driver... and to my suprise .. now crysis runs smoothly..

but i grealty believe that i am the one who is making mistake here...

please can anyone upload these driver and full instruction on how to ??

that would be great..

more over i am now on broadband.. this whole night..
so please can anyone help me by today night ??

Did you extract the package and download the MODDED .ini file and replace it with the original file?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ini files???

or is it inf files??

can anyone upload the perfect driver for me??

with all these modded files in it ??

i am really confused...

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
those drivers are just like the desktop ones..some gives better performance in one games and lower for another..u need to test each driver which gives best performance for the game u need.
175.16 works fine for me in WIC and UT3, which im addicted to, rite now.
ucan alo read the comments for each driver on laptopvideo2go.com's each driver release pages. It might give u some idea bout its performances in various games.

btw, its inf[information files which includes the driver info and the hardwares it supports, and editing it will enable us to install in on unsupported GPU's even the GPU is same as the desktop ones. But the power consumption will rise for the GPU, coz it ll begin to draw power like a desktop GPU].
[ini filis are initialization files, used to trigger some events while opening folder, or aurorunning a disc etc].

and bout the oc, see the scores on my second post. Its a big boost, even at 1440*900.
dont oc the memory too much, GPU is much more oc friendly.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ok tell me .. shall i remove the driver fully ad install these new ones from laptopvideo2go.com

or shall i update them ??/

is ther a way to backup my driver .. ie current driver ??

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
just update it, and u can always roll back if needed. Also u can go to add/remove pgms and remove the current and install another one.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
pl i will tri to download the driver...

but still am confused on which driver to select.. as it that forum itself they said that higher numbers dont neccesarily suggest the latest driver and the best one..

now how can i know which one it is ..

as i read the comment .. nearly all thread are equally commented... i mean , all threads are well reviewed...

which one to select..

how many u tried ?? and which one did u find best ??

unni

In the zone
Dell has released BIOS updates to reduce the possibility of the GPU failures due to heating. I have posted it here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=901623#post901623

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

agree to it to be on the safer side, i wud really NOT want jus a few more fps for a game due to OC at the cost of my lappy...

unni

In the zone
I just realised that the problem GPU may be with the 8400 cards. That may be the reason they are not offering it any more with XPS. Earlier, I thought they are no longer offering 8400 because they will be introducing 9600.

gopz

In the zone
I just realised that the problem GPU may be with the 8400 cards. That may be the reason they are not offering it any more with XPS. Earlier, I thought they are no longer offering 8400 because they will be introducing 9600.

But 8400 is still available with XPS m1330 & Inspiron. Probably they removed 8400 from 1530 because it clashes with Studio

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
heard that studio comes with ATI only..

downlaoded the bios update .. but waiting for someone to confirm whether it slows down the game or any effect or does it loc kt he OCing ...

i also heard that OCing voids warranty.....

i think may just update the driver.. and keep quite...

xbonez

NP : Crysis
my bluetooth drivers don't install :( ... during driver installation, it says to switch on BT using the radio button, i do that but installation won't proceed. i've checked in BIOS, the radio button is set to 'All'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom