XPS M1530: a brief review

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys are you able to set brightness to max or brightness when power cord is plugged in in normal condition , ie when you didnt plug power cord?

VD17 what is your lap color...

Guys any photos of your lap will be great...

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
In maximum performance power option, u can set max brightness even if not connected to power. But under that power option, HDD, proccy, and screen will draw more power, ad so less backup.
In power saver mode, HDD activity is much limited and CPU runs at only bout some 1 Ghz. U can feel the lag, whatever u do!

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I have also opted for your screen selection ie xwga+ 1444x....

How is it bro?
Have you seen sony viao high end models screen clarity... Is it to that extent?

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The screen is really good, though it cud be a bit more brighter...its not upto mark while using it under direct sunlight at noon times, but my K790i's screen was completely unreadable and images was displayed like a shadow.

The pixel size is really small, eally tiny compared to a 19" TFT with 1440*900. The true life screen surface is a finger print marnet, and u need to clean it too often with the provided stuff.
havnt seen VAIO top model's scree, so cant compare.

btw, if u are getting in EPP, then y not get 1680*1050?
no way VAIO's screen can challenge that.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I am not getting it through coz eff so have to be very budget conscious... Now itself. .. For delaying month i am shedding a extra 5k with no bluetooth headset...thats really horrible...,

My friend has a sony vio 75k lap...dont know the model name... But it has got 8500m...
Its screen are the best among my friends laps...
Thats why i wanted a better one or one similar to it...

Ok guys can you please post some pics of your lap...

Another thing is i wont be using it outside so i think the screen should be good ...what say guys?

Is there anything we can do to increase screen brigtmess?..
Coz i dont mind of using it with powercord on all times...

Is there anything like i need to know about battery and its use?

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
For interior use, the brightness is just fine and is above avg. If u really gonna kick the Sony Screen, consider 1680*1050....its pixels are near microscopic for sure.
ill post some pics in daylight soon.

btw naveen, did u order it?

Here are the photos u requested

*www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e93a1282824ccf87d5a101cf914073b4cc0edb15f66b6bd4
on K790i

*www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e93a1282824ccf87d5a101cf914073b48db227fe52854907
on Kodak V803

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thanks bro..ya i ordered and today D.D should have been taken...but wasnt..tom surely will take and send it..,
Hope i get my lap by next week friday...hope so...

Going to ree the photos...

Thanks a lot...

VD17

Journeyman
Hey Naveen... congratulations!
Anyway, mine is black and I don't have a camera right now so can't put up the pics... which color did you order?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Black...

I think it too late now to change...

I am planning to pimp my lap later if there are any decent sticker or anything is available....

Thanks for the photo dominator...awesome....

Where can i get all latest drivers for this lap?
Or can i ask them to give?

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
see if u can buy the red and blue bezels+body seperately from US. ive heard that its available seperately in US, and we can change it ourselves.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
THanx for the photos.. :) it was really helpful.. even me deciding to place an order in next 2-3 weeks... for the RED XPS one :D

gopz

In the zone
THanx for the photos.. :) it was really helpful.. even me deciding to place an order in next 2-3 weeks... for the RED XPS one :D

If you can wait for a month, Centrino 2 will be out. It is already out in the US (last week)

So, you can either get the latest processor (or get a great discount with the older processors) ... So if you can wait, wait!

There was some discussion about screen brightness, I have a 1330 with LED screen and its really bright, even under sunlight, outdoors.

1530 does not have the option of LED screen in India, but it is available in the US & UK. Hopefully by the time you order it, it should be an option in India as well...

unni

In the zone
btw, if u are getting in EPP, then y not get 1680*1050?
no way VAIO's screen can challenge that.

I am a little bit confused about which screen resolution to choose. dOm1naTOr gave me some advise, but still not sure.

Suppose I have a game that is playable only at 1024 x 768 or some resolution closer to it. Will it look better in a 1280 x 800 screen, a 1440 x 900 screen or a 1680 x 1050 screen?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
If you can wait for a month, Centrino 2 will be out. It is already out in the US (last week)

So, you can either get the latest processor (or get a great discount with the older processors) ... So if you can wait, wait!

There was some discussion about screen brightness, I have a 1330 with LED screen and its really bright, even under sunlight, outdoors.

1530 does not have the option of LED screen in India, but it is available in the US & UK. Hopefully by the time you order it, it should be an option in India as well...
If that's the news. i am ready to wait :D

Btw, if DELL also has plans to launch the 9xxx series of graphics card in its XPS lappy, i can wait for that too... coz i think there will be an introduction of a new series of GPU for the Centrino 2 proccy.. any news on this too ? guys..

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Centrino 2?

Why is it happening to me? Just now sent D.D....

Today my Dell account manager was on leave... So tom only i will get to know from him when i will get my lap...

D.D should have reached him...by today...

Lets see..

Anyway whoever getting lap with centrino 2 and 9x series... All the best...

Guys one more question..,
Where can i find latest drivers... For this lap?

gopz

In the zone
According to the reports here, Centrino 2 (Montevina) will be out soon.

BUT dont worry Naveen, you sent the DD and you will get a nice XPS m1530, the Centrino 2 would cost more and Dell wont offer any discounts!

if you still want, you can return the Dell laptop within 21 days and get a full refund and re-order a Centrino 2 based laptop....

*www.notebookforums.com/thread218706.html

*forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=270532

*www.eweek.com/c/a/Desktops-and-Notebooks/Intel-Ready-with-Centrino-2-Laptop-Platform/

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@naveen_reloaded
get all the mobo, sound and NIC drivers from Dell site and for gfx drivers visit vaptopvideo2go.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom