Xperia P-warm color tone

pvish

Broken In
Purchased Xperia P on 24th July.. Gave it back to service center yesterday for yellowish toning on display as it shows slightly yellowish tone everywhere( something like warm color toning)
I suspect this is due to whitemagic technology. Anybody experienced the same issue? Is all Xperia P have same problem?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Only at full brightness or at all brightness levels ? At full brightness is normal, all P units show similar behavior.

OP
P

pvish

Broken In
Update: Just called to service center, asked the status of cellphone.

He told according to them , there is no problem in screen, as they COMPARE my phone with another xperia P , & found that both screens displays colors similarly. So according to them , the display is fine.&
Should I accept this kind of comparison test & take back my phone?? Can software update will resolve the issue?? or should I ask for DOA certificate for replacement. what will be better option?

rider

as Kratos
It's hardware issue, can not be solve by updtes and all.
If they didn't give DOA certificate, better to sell sony phone and get a good phone by HTC or samsung.

LINK
see how yellow is the screen of Xperia P TFT in comparison to Super AMOLED of HTC

Last edited:
OP
P

pvish

Broken In
In morning talked with service center guy, he told that, please come n take ur phone, as this model comes with only this kind of dispalys.
What should I do if they refuse to replace the hand set?

rider

as Kratos
In morning talked with service center guy, he told that, please come n take ur phone, as this model comes with only this kind of dispalys.
What should I do if they refuse to replace the hand set?

Convince him to replace as hard as you can, and if they didnt do tell him that he we review this problem through a journalist. :wink:
IMO It's better to sell Xperia P for 2-3k less and get a good phone.

randomuser111

Technomancer
@pvish

When you play a video of something like snow, does it appear yellowish then too? If not, then its perfectly normal. Its got to do with the color temperature of the panel itself. Like AMOLED panels have bluish tint and other screens are reddish and so on.

So if you are only talking about yellowish tint in browser then its perfectly normal. But when watching videos or viewing pics with white color if white appears yellowish then you should get a replacement. If its fine in pics and videos then nothing to worry about.

Even Galaxy S2, S3 have bluish/pink tint. Most phones have such issues you can google for more info. So I would suggest take back the phone and relax if its limited to browser.
Its not a "fault" per se but normal behavior of the panel.

And yes if the yellowish tint is visible while playing videos/viewing photos as well then I suggest you make a post on Sony India Facebook Page ( Sony India NOT Sony Mobile India) they will get your problem solved :)

Last edited:
OP
P

pvish

Broken In
yeah.. Yellow/warm tone is clearly visible while watching pics n vid with white background.
Gd news 4 me: has convienced the service center guy for replacement n will get DOA Certificate by evening. Also got to saw live demo of xperia p, in vijay sales, n surprizingly it having gr8 display (no yellow tint etc) .

rider

as Kratos
yeah.. Yellow/warm tone is clearly visible while watching pics n vid with white background.
Gd news 4 me: has convienced the service center guy for replacement n will get DOA Certificate by evening. Also got to saw live demo of xperia p, in vijay sales, n surprizingly it having gr8 display (no yellow tint etc) .

good for you :)

OP
P

pvish

Broken In
got my DOA certificate:)
In evening going to purchased (once again) replacement handset. Should I purchase or believe in Xperia P again, as I have option to purchase another phone now(S2 or Xperia S)?

rider

as Kratos
buy Xperia S for 26k (1k more less if you use coupon) with dealers warranty from ebay.in

Top Bottom