Xperia L/SP thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My Xperia L is on 15.0.A.1.31

Sony PC Companion cannot detect update...

*i.imgur.com/xAHZFKN.jpg

Any way to force update?

Xperia SP is really unpopular. Haven't seen anyone using the SP and i am seeing the Zs (businessmen,officers)and Ls (teenagers,girls) everywhere. Apparently the Red colored L is in vogue these days and every chic wanna get it.
Anyone who sees my SP says "is this Z"??
and i say "no,its SP"...
and they are like "SP what? is there a model like this ??"

@Androidfan : I dont think we can force update over the air. We can only recieve what Sony India wants to give us. I guess the only other option is Rooting and downloading from external sites.
By the way, do you guys really wanna mod ur brand new phone? me im gnna hold on for atleast 6 months before i void its warranty

Xperia SP is really unpopular. Haven't seen anyone using the SP and i am seeing the Zs (businessmen,officers)and Ls (teenagers,girls) everywhere. Apparently the Red colored L is in vogue these days and every chic wanna get it.
and i say "no,its SP"...

@Androidfan : I dont think we can force update over the air. We can only recieve what Sony India wants to give us. I guess the only other option is Rooting and downloading from external sites.
By the way, do you guys really wanna mod ur brand new phone? me im gnna hold on for atleast 6 months before i void its warranty

and i say "no,its SP"...

and i say "no,its SP"...

and i say "no,its SP"...

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Got the new Xperia L at 3 pm today...

Looks great... Works well enough... Comes with a screen guard preinstalled, which is a bit sticky...

Tested Wifi, Bluetooth, Music, Camera... everything works.

Camera quality is less than average... 8 MP shooter is only in name...

Front camera is absolutely pathetic. I could not get it to shoot colour photos. Only grainy black and white photos...

Can anyone please test the front camera and post their results? Is my phone's front camera defective? Is there a software update which solves this issue?

Yeah the camera sucks!! Images shot with the rear camera looks like upscaled 2 MP shots. Absolutely pathetic!! And Sony had the nerve to call this a "Camera Phone"!
Regarding the front camera try taking snaps while facing the direction of the ambient light, in that case you just might be able to get a bit of colour in your photos.

And BTW anyone knows how to import Mobile BRAVIA Engine yet?

Ppl who are criticizing its camera must be ex- nokia pure view users..
"upscaled 2mpx" ? dude thats exaggerated criticism. Hope u never become a tech reviewer..u will close down the mobile phone industry with ur finicky pickiness and extreme criticism...lol. kidding..

ankushkool

Youngling
After installing the latest update to the Xperia L its battery is draining quite fast. I used Watchdog and found out that while playing any media the 'mediaserver' cpu usage goes quite high (30-40%) which i think didnt happen previously. Due to this my battery now doesn't even last a full work day :( any solutions? tried different music players but makes no difference!

eduku

Ppl who are criticizing its camera must be ex- nokia pure view users..
"upscaled 2mpx" ? dude thats exaggerated criticism. /Hope u never become a tech reviewer..u will close down the mobile phone industry with ur finicky pickiness and extreme criticism...lol. kidding..

Sorry guys if I had over exaggerated the faults of the camera. It's just that I am coming from a Nokia N73 and its images were absolutely blur free and non grainy even though it was just a 3.2 MP shooter. It's just that may be my expectations were too high after having experienced the n73 and reading all the Sony advertisements about the exmor rs camera.
Other than that I have to say that the phone is pretty great!! :-D

And another issue that I have right now is that the screen is not very sensitive to touch inputs. Anyone feeling the same??
And any news of BRAVIA engine availability yet?

Also noticed now, while charging for the first time... the microusb charging port is wonky... Tried multiple microusb cables... they are all shaky. None of them fight tightly... Is this a problem?

I had a similar problem. The usb cable was ok but the a.c. adapter wasn't, so I had to take it to the service center and they kept it and said that the replacement should arrive in a week or so.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Besides the screen size, the only difference between L and M is 8mp vs 5mp camera and lower internal memory ??
I thought Xperia L had MSM8230 but it's not 1.2 Ghz as mentioned.. so is it really 8230 or 8227 ?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Besides the screen size, the only difference between L and M is 8mp vs 5mp camera and lower internal memory ??
I thought Xperia L had MSM8230 but it's not 1.2 Ghz as mentioned.. so is it really 8230 or 8227 ?

8230 But its underclocked

M has 8227 which is used in 520,620 and 720

*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=41365303&postcount=462

ankushkool

Youngling
After installing the latest update to the Xperia L its battery is draining quite fast. I used Watchdog and found out that while playing any media the 'mediaserver' cpu usage goes quite high (30-40%) which i think didnt happen previously. Due to this my battery now doesn't even last a full work day :( any solutions? tried different music players but makes no difference!

Anyone else facing this issue???

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Anyone else facing this issue???

My phone did not detect an update yet... I am on build 15.0.A.1.31

Android on Xperia L is not optimised. Even simple games like Jetpack Joyride and Wind-up Knight are stuttery... Camera is not upto the mark... Poor performance from good hardware...

Jay1234

Journeyman
@ android fan my phone is also showing the same build no ! i guess you are talking about .36 update which is not available in India yet ?

eduku

Android on Xperia L is not optimised. Even simple games like Jetpack Joyride and Wind-up Knight are stuttery... Camera is not upto the mark... Poor performance from good hardware...

^^^

+1

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
My phone did not detect an update yet... I am on build 15.0.A.1.31

Strange. All users on XDA report smooth gameplay on all HD games except for GTA Vice City and few others which are not optimized for L.

Other L owners here, your feedback please ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom