Xperia L/SP thread

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
^ You din't update to 15a firmware?

Update it
PS:The update will take very long for me it took more than 4 hours

That to on a 1 mbps connection

No, not yet. In fact to be honest I haven't done much with it really. But I will update it soon. Actually currently I have about 500
MB data usage left, so I am a bit worried if that's going to be enough to download the update.
But what improvements did you get after updating?

Yeah pls help..looked around..couldn't get a good case..pls help people

Will an Xperia S (4.3"screen) case work?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
@eduku...no i tried with my case...not fitting properly...the case is bigger than the phone...s/sl are longer in terms of size...

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Why don't you get a Nexus 4? It only costs 1 K more.
Overall it is a much better device with seamless updates from Google, unless you have a problem with the 16 GB of non-expandable storage.

Yup that's the exact problem. I like to carry my media with me and 16GB non expandable is just too less.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
:D best back up still now

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371804083292.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371804083292.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 128

Terabyte

In the zone
5% Screen time? That seems to be ultra low usage :|
What was your total Screen On time?
In most cases the Screen should be the one which consumes maximum battery(for me its 50-60%) and not Android OS/System.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
No ways,5% Screen time, I used the phone for like an 45 mins in a go+5-10 mins here and there
So 5% Is wrong

I was whatsappin for 1 hour so That stats is wrong

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Yup that's the exact problem. I like to carry my media with me and 16GB non expandable is just too less.

It does have USB OTG, so you can just carry a pen drive and copy the media that you want to play to the phone, and then delete it afterwards. That's what my friend who owns a Galaxy Nexus does...

I don't know if you guyz know this already but restart your phone daily in morning it will last longer than usual.

Is this because all the battery hogging Apps that were idle are killed off? If that is the case will killing the Apps manually work?

Why don't you get a Nexus 4? It only costs 1 K more.
Overall it is a much better device with seamless updates from Google, unless you have a problem with the 16 GB of non-expandable storage.

What exactly do you mean?
I am not sure if this will help but this is what I do.
I am also new with the phone, but when I want to watch any videos in full screen all I do is turn the phone from vertical to horizontal, and it switches automatically as long as auto rotation is enabled.

Nexus 4 looks like a better buy but correct me if i am wrong on these facts
1) Xperia SP's camera is bad, and the fix firmware isnt out for India yet.....but the Nexus 4's camera is waayyyyyy below year 2010 standards.
2) Battery, this is where Xperia's 2013 lineup have caught up... The Nexus 4 cannot match the battery life of competitive and non competitive models, let alone Xperia SP which is the longest lasting Dual Core next to RAZR mAXX and Note series. Nexus has got like approx 3 hours of web surfing time wtffffff ... The battery is really pathetic
3) Expandable storage. Well everyone is using 32GB Class 10 SD CARDS on their Xperias these days. The 12GB available storage on nexus 4 is a real downer..
What if someone says-"hey i heard you have the latest trailer of WorldWar Z" and you go like "Yeah , just hold on while i hook up my pendrive to my phone" :)

But none the less, i envy the Nexus's display, HD IPS still wins over my Sony Bravia Pravia display IMO. And ya, its Google and LG's lovechild, bound to get pampered with latest clothes and toys while the Japanese dude just looks on. FYI last year's Sony flagship (James Bond phone) still didn't get a complete and final Jellybean @_@ ...people are complaining and Sony cooked up a half-assed update to keep the mob quiet :(
Oh and by the way, Nexus's gorilla glass body is not really strong. If you are tall, dont dare drop the phone lol...SP is combo of metal and soft touch plastic and gorilla 2 on the face.I think the SP is more durable, just my thought.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have just ordered a white Xperia L from HomeShop18 superdeals at Rs 14285. Red and black options also available... Get them till stock lasts... Only 4 red ones left...

5fusion

Journeyman
darn!! saw it yesterday.. thought i 'll ask at home and order 2day & now its out of stock:cry:.. should have ordered 1st then asked:banghead:.
any other offers?

Top Bottom