Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Well game reiewers have this much intelligence , they compare the consoles with the same setup :cool:

and take screenshots using specialzed hardware(& software) that captures the video output direct from the cable(component,HDMI) , they don't take screenshots using the camera , if that's what you're thinkin .

Ya that's right..... but have they explained the setup? That is why i am telling you to compare both console yourself....... Now its on you to believe on your own eyes or other's.....

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
why the argument
ill put it simple
1.u want the ps3, get the ps3
2. u want the xbox360,get the xbox360
there is no such thing as which is better or not it just depends on what u like

upendra_gp

In the zone
entrana said:
why the argument
ill put it simple
1.u want the ps3, get the ps3
2. u want the xbox360,get the xbox360
there is no such thing as which is better or not it just depends on what u like

i totally agree with him!
You can't force somebody to like what u like so why is this fruitless thing going on?
Its better to play what you have than discussing this!
By the way I am with Playstation 3!
:)

gannu_rox

In the zone
PS3 all the way but outta Indian Mkts wen it retails fer 40k....

Xbox may be a cheaper option now n d titles available @ a still cheaper rates...

PS3's takin some time to mature n wen it does it'll be a good buy...

upendra_gp said:
i totally agree with him!
You can't force somebody to like what u like so why is this fruitless thing going on?
Its better to play what you have than discussing this!
By the way I am with Playstation 3!
:)

Here we are discussing.............. Not forcing anybody to buy a product which we like........

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
parimal_xp2003 said:
Ya that's right..... but have they explained the setup? That is why i am telling you to compare both console yourself....... Now its on you to believe on your own eyes or other's.....
Well , they actually have provided screenshots , so you can see for yourself(from your own eyes) and decide which one is better(360 Mostly according to Me)

goobimama said:
What's the current bargain on a second hand/grey market XBOX 360? With the HDD n all...
20k here in lucknow(with modchip installed) although you can bargain if you want :D

sai_cool

Journeyman
guys, lemme tell u sometiin, both the ps3 and xbox 360 are good consoles, thay are equally good in terms of delevering wat a gamer needs, although, the only problem being that, the ps3 is a little heavy on the pocket, in a country like india, the 360 is the choice of many gamers...

crack_head

Fireball Venom
Now who started this thread? Being Digit readers aren't you supposed to know the specs and capabilities of both?? Pointless discussions..

Recent News: Seems like the PS3 is going to be cheaper by $100. Now beat that!!:D :D

Saw the news on TV. Maybe, we can get a confirmation on websites within a day or 2.

Help~Is~Here said:
Recent News: Seems like the PS3 is going to be cheaper by $100. Now beat that!!:D :D

Saw the news on TV. Maybe, we can get a confirmation on websites within a day or 2.

Got the confirmation: *www.kotv.com/news/national/story/?id=131051

Which ever idiot told that PS3 has a price problem... here's your answer. Hardly any difference between the prices and comparing features again.. anybody who denies PS3 beats XBOX360 is a Fool. :D

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
:D , Actually , i n both the Gamespot Graphics reviews the Xbox 360 graphics are better than those of the PS3 , so PS3 supporters can stop ranting about GFX quality .

Mate , windows runs on X86 architecture and PS3 is Cell(like PowerPC) Architecture , there is no way you can run Windows on It .

And even if it did , the performance of games would be like slideshows ;)

Also Xbox Live totally whacks out Playstation Home(PS3's online gaming service) .

And when u see Xbox 360 giving HDMI , 120gig HDD for 19.5k(480 USD) , then u simply can't go for the PS3 .

Also , i personally find the Xbox 360 controller more ergonomic than the PS3's(but my Dreamcast controller is the most ergonomic)

As for the pricing , i year Xbox Live costs 49 USD , which is a fraction of the price of A year's worth of broadband connection . Plus you additional goodies like Xbox CUstomized diamond cards , IM chats , etc . Xbox Live has a hell lot more features than Playstation Home , and if a person can buy $70 game then he can pay $7 to play it online fer a month :)

AND , the most important point is that Coding for the Xbox 360(using DirectX) is a hell lot easier than PS3 , and as you've coded your games using DIrectX u can easily port it to the PC with great performance , same is the case for PC game development using directx which can easily be ported to Xbox 360 .

Thus by developing for the 360 developers can relese their games on two platforms and the 360 and PC combined have a much larger share than the PS3 alone . As game development is a costly thing , the less work you can do to develop for multiple platforms , the better , and that's what most companied are headed towards .

Who the hell told you that :"Xbox 360 giving HDMI , 120gig HDD for 19.5k(480 USD):shock: ". Dude, do you understand that if you need a 120GB hardrive for the XBOX360 you have to pay 399+178 = US$ 577!! and not 480, U seriosly need to learn basic maths! And you can't just convert dollar into indian money because you don't get it for the same price in India!!

Who the hell told you that the 360's HDMI output is better than Sony's?
Maybe you dont' realize that the PS3 has 1080p true HD resolution and not like XBOX360's cheap 1080i resolution!! Do your maths before you comment on something you don't know!!

And do hell with your pricing now. If you can get a PS3 with 80GB hardrive for $499 and compare the XBOX360's 20GB system for $399 which again has lower resolution and quality, I dont' know if you would have enough brains to tell which is better!!

And Guys, this is about the best gaming console and not about the most affordable console!! If you are so much concerned about price go get yourself a Wii and have fun. No one can say that the XBOX360 is superior to PS3 in any way. Till recently everyone just bragged about the price difference, now you can keep your words in your mouth as the price is level and clearly, even if the price is high, it's only becuase PS3 is better!!

After all, good things don't come cheap!! If you can't afford it, don't buy it! But just because you can't afford it, don't give all your crappy excuses trying to justify your reasoning!

And those who still dont' believe that the PS3 is far more superior than the 360, nothing more to say! Stay in your own 360 degree bubble with no escape!! :D

Last edited:
Help~Is~Here said:
And Guys, this is about the best gaming console and not about the most affordable console!! If you are so much concerned about price go get yourself a Wii and have fun. No one can say that the XBOX360 is superior to PS3 in any way. Till recently everyone just bragged about the price difference, now you can keep your words in your mouth as the price is level and clearly, even if the price is high, it's only becuase PS3 is better!!

After all, good things don't come cheap!! If you can't afford it, don't buy it! But just because you can't afford it, don't give all your crappy excuses trying to justify your reasoning!

And those who still dont' believe that the PS3 is far more superior than the 360, nothing more to say! Stay in your own 360 degree bubble with no escape!! :D

Totally agreed ..............

Check
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OGn3ykqoVI&mode=related&search=
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2f_Fl7aZO8
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwCDhMJ6-r4&mode=related&search= - Best Ad

Last edited:
I guess the skeptics have swalloed their words now.

However, they can keep swallowing because here's some more info:

I don't know whether this is old or new news, but I guess some did mention it in the forum earlier. Anyways, it's great news and the point is that you can install Linux and have Dual boot on the PS3!! here's the link: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXcuhJkwx4 Do a bit of googling too.

Can you imagine the possibilities? You can browse the internet, have your normal applications, do everything a computer does and kick ass with gaming which mean you don't need a computer anymore!!! This does what your computer does along with the added functionality of the best console in the world!

Guys, if you get a hold of how to work with this, then I guess it's worth every penny to sell your computer and get the PS3!! Your new entertainment and productivity center!!! Amazing!! :p

XBOX360 fanboys, seems like XBOX360 is way too costlier than a PS3 when comparing this feature!! You can have a computer and a PS3 for a fraction of the price of an XBOX360 + a computer!!:D

This war is over and the winner is PS3 by a million miles even if this feature is noting..

I guess this thread can be closed now, no more arguing needed! :D

goobimama

 Macboy
I had asked about the Xbox360. But now I want to know what is the cheapest a PS3 is going for...and whether I can get service and repairs (by paying for it) in India...

goobimama said:
I had asked about the Xbox360. But now I want to know what is the cheapest a PS3 is going for...and whether I can get service and repairs (by paying for it) in India...

Well I guess you need worry more about repairs with the XBOX360 than the PS3 due to the high no. of conked up XBOX360's. The PS3 is really reliable and compared to the no. of Sony service centers available, I guess it should be ok. But, not sure whether all the service centers will be equipped to deal with it. But one thing is for sure. PS3 has better service support than the XBOX360.

The cheapest version of PS3 is internationally available at $499 and the higher version is $599.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
I am not able to read the entire thread but in the PS3 is more than a gaming console. In the first page of this thread u might have noticed the comparison between the two and u can see clearly that PS3 is capable of doing 2 Teraflops of computing (Thanks to Cell Processor) which makes it better than X360 and PS3 is 1080 progressive display The 360 is looking good because if its price and availability of its games and the most important thing is media.If PS3 switches to HDVD from Blu-Ray then i m sure PS3 will laythe smaka' down on X360 & wins the battle again.

keith_j_snyder2 said:
I am not able to read the entire thread but in the PS3 is more than a gaming console. In the first page of this thread u might have noticed the comparison between the two and u can see clearly that PS3 is capable of doing 2 Teraflops of computing (Thanks to Cell Processor) which makes it better than X360 and PS3 is 1080 progressive display The 360 is looking good because if its price and availability of its games and the most important thing is media.If PS3 switches to HDVD from Blu-Ray then i m sure PS3 will laythe smaka' down on X360 & wins the battle again.

Dude, why in the world would you think Sony would give up it 10 times better Blue Ray technology for some cheaper HD DVD?

And please read the enitre thread before posting views, as the same has been discussed earlier and you will get to know which one is better due to what reasons. :D

sam9s said:
OH Man!!! look how arrogantly disturbed is this person..........I must say he is the biggest egg head fanboy I have ever seen.............sensible people have already left the discuession...........so long be happy with your PEE. ASS . 3

I think you are biggest hate boy of PS3.
Some people don't like SONY as it rules the Electronics world.
I have already told " IF YOU DON'T AFFORD PS3, DON'T BLEM IT"
Wait till you afford it.

Last edited:
sam9s said:
OH Man!!! look how arrogantly disturbed is this person..........I must say he is the biggest egg head fanboy I have ever seen.............sensible people have already left the discuession...........so long be happy with your PEE. ASS . 3

What ever dude, you proved yourself to be arrongantly distrubed when you came back to keep flaming more when you have noting to prove, if sensible people have left, then why are you here? that's because you are a moron. When it has already been proven beyond doubt that PS3 is far better than the XBOX360, all you have left to do is flaming. So buzz off psycho! Sad guy! And yes, be in your own XBOX 360 degree bubble with no escape!!:D :D :D

I wonder which console he used before the shitty XBOX was launched that he is so much against PS?:rolleyes: It's his ego and some useless crap that has been put into his brain by some expert microsoft morons! So, be where you are and don't dare stepping into the ultimate realm of gaming with the PS3!!

vivekbabbudelhi said:
^^^:D:D:D:D:D

anybody care to mention INDIAN prices with EXACT FEATURES.....

Gimme some time, I'll get the prices for you, because there has just recently been an international price drop, so will need to see if that has affected the indian market.

I guess mods should close this thread because the fight seems to have ended and the winner is clear. Don't see a point in keeping this open anymore, unless we want more flaming...

Last edited:
Top Bottom