Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

sam9s said:
With a difference of nearly 20K not only 360 is near its way ahead............I wonder which games you compared to come to this conclusion.....

Dude, if your signature is your system configuration, then I dont think a difference of 20K would bother you! :p

And yes, we all have different opinions and views on this matter. But like I said before, we just need to wait and watch.

I would like to ask you just one question. If you came to know that you can get, say a possible GeForce 10 series card even before it came out in the market, would you spend the extra bit of money to get hold of it?

I guess that 90% of us would say yes! although we have no idea how different in terms of specs and performance the card is going to be. It's the belief that we have that it's going to be better and we have that belief because we know GeForce Cards from ages.

The same applies to anything. Be it XBOX360 or the PS3. But for the PS3, we have the belief that it will excell exactly like it predecessors.

You are just looking at what you see right now in front of your eyes. I agree that right now, there is a lot of disadvantage with PS3 to the XBOX360. Look into the future. Don't be shallow. Wait and watch and the tides will change!

And maybe there is going to be another XBOX say XBOX360+360= XBOX720 even when the PS3 is shining with it's glory! The PS3 is future proof but sadly the XBOX360 isn't. And like I said, that 20K shouldn't bother you.:p

Last edited:
sam9s said:
Buddy money is dear to every one(leaving a couple of exceptions) even for those who can afford it and specially for those who are earning the hard way. Coming to my system specs, how I managed to build a system I wished for; is something only I know, If the specs looks good (n expensive) that does not in any way mean that I have oodles of money to spare.................so that was not a good statement I might say and I think others would agree.

Don't take it that way. I didn't mean to say that you got oodles of money to spare. The real meaning of what I said is in the statement you made yourself - "Coming to my system specs,........only I know"

See, you said it yourself! Don't get me wrong. I'll clarify it.

The system specs Do not look cheap nor moderate. Anyone would agree. And like you said, wanting to get what you wished for, only you know what you went through. But at the end, it's an expensive config, which means you spend the money no matter what to get the config you always wished for! Same way, people wouldn't bother spending that money to get the PS3, because that's what they all wish for. This makes money irrelevant in some way, and that's the only real negative of the PS3. Price!

So, there is no more point saying that it's too expensive, that's why no one will buy it. That's just another excuse not to get something you don't like! Because like you've proven in your case, money is secondary when the aim is to get something you always wish for.

So, you have to agree that, there's very little left to argue about the PS3 other than with the price! everything else, it supercedes the XBOX360 by a million miles!:D

cynosure

UbuntuUser
But you even can play MS games on PS3 by dbl booting it with windows:D
But in 360 you cant play PS3-only games.

Waise I havent touched 360 as of now but I did played a car racing game on PS3 and the graphics were not that good. Might be because the game was itself screwd. Waiting for some games that are designed keepin in mind the power of PS3. I was surfing the net and came across a game called LAIR from the Sony Factory. Graphics look promising.

sam9s said:
I am here, where else would I be, could'nt get much to argue on, you agreed that right now I am correct n I agreed to wait....... if PS3 stricks back, I repectfully would take back everyword I said........n

BTW u are right....... if you want something desperately, you would work your wits out to get it (atleast I would) n that includes shelling some money as well, BUT if you are getting almost the very same quality n quantity for half the price then what. Same is the case with both consoles, when u are getting the same graphic quality, better and loads of titles, better support, better online gaming..... for less than half the price why on this mother earth would anybody want to go for Mr. exorbitant PS3.........simple logic....... beats me atleast......

Anyone would disagree on a few points here.

First off, saying that it has better online gaming is wrong, because first of all, you have to pay extra for Xboxlive but you get online resources for free on the PS3. And again, just look at the addons itself, if you want to have online gaming+Additional hard disk space+other addons which already exist on the PS3, the price is same as the PS3 let alone the graphics side of it. So, even if you keep aside the graphics and quality, the PS3 still wins on the features to price ratio!

reddragon

In the zone
Look whatever I feel xbox360 will rule over ps3, because the only reason its from microsoft which is the most aggrasive company for now atleast they will do whatever ( ethical / non ethical ) to make their product successful . Noone can compete with them .

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^Youre underestimating SONY. It is way bigger than M$ in terms of total revenue (although not when it comes to profit in which M$ will excel cause they have huge profit margin in every sw/hw they develop).
They are in every way ready for whatever M$ comes ahead with. They already have made the most powerful console. 360 is nothing in terms of power.
Only if developers could draw the maximum out of PS3:rolleyes:

The other one
cynosure said:
^^Youre underestimating SONY.
They are in every way ready for whatever M$ comes ahead with. They already have made the most powerful console. 360 is nothing in terms of power.
Only if developers could draw the maximum out of PS3:rolleyes:

PS3's graphics processor is inferior than 360 has . And talking about who is more powerful ,here is a news if you missed (and it matters)

Microsoft paid $50 million for GTA IV Downloadable Content

The decision to keep GTA IV episodic content off the PS3 is a mean one. It may also have a big impact on both sales of the game and of the 360 and PS3 consoles themselves, so what could possibly lure Take-Two into going steady with Microsoft?
Oh, about $50,000,000

source

I will choose the 360 version now , because i am wise :D

reddragon said:
Look whatever I feel xbox360 will rule over ps3, because the only reason its from microsoft which is the most aggrasive company for now atleast they will do whatever ( ethical / non ethical ) to make their product successful . Noone can compete with them .

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know that SONY PS2 had kicked XBOX from the market in the past. Man this is not the war of any operating system or any softwere.
Microsoft looks like little kids against SONY in this product line-up.

parimal_xp2003 said:
Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know that SONY PS2 had kicked XBOX from the market in the past. Man this is not the war of any operating system or any softwere.

Quite rightly said. :D :D :D

I think that Microsoft afraid of SONY. That's why they support HD-DVD of TOSHIBA which has no advantage over BLUE-RAY in any way.
Blue-Ray is far better than HD-DVD. Most of the hollywood studioes have already accept Blue-Ray as their next Format.

If you don't afford PS3 then wait till you aford it. But don't waste you money after XBOX360.

parimal_xp2003 said:
I think that Microsoft afraid of SONY. That's why they support HD-DVD of TOSHIBA which has no advantage over BLUE-RAY in any way.
Blue-Ray is far better than HD-DVD. Most of the hollywood studioes have already accept Blue-Ray as their next Format.

If you don't afford PS3 then wait till you aford it. But don't waste you money after XBOX360.

Well said again!! :D :D :D :D :D

The other one

looks like kids are favourite these days , wrt the developers and gamers.

Help~Is~Here said:
Quite rightly said. :D :D :D

Quite Idiotically said . Its not very surprising to see 2 fanboys tapping each others back and feeling happy about it .

XBOX was MS's first console which made a second place in the console market inspite of the fact that major players like Sony/nintendo already had domination.Sony did not kick ass of XBOX (no doubt PS2 rocked) , instead XBOX did ok and created a space for MS in the console market which was totally dominant by sony due to huge success of PS1. Now this generation XBOX 360 has gone a step ahead and has stole a quite bigger percentage from sony's share and this is called progress . Its not easy to eliminate a totally dominant company in one step, no doubt sony will stay in market for this generation and even after that but MS's XBOX has shown its presence and currently offers similar features as compared to its rival costly console .

If you don't afford PS3 then wait till you aford it. But don't waste you money after XBOX360

Value your money , more games are on 360(whatever may be the reason) with better exclusives and even with the sequels of many PS2 titles. Currently there is not even a sign of any reason that justifies the price of PS3. Enjoy your XBOX 360 till sony lowers the price and provides us with some cool games. Hope this will happen , till then fanboys can make up many reasons.

Nintendo sold 1000070 Wii video game consoles in First 3 months of 2007, while Xbox 360 sold 699,028 and Sony's PlayStation 3 sold 530,070 units.

You can see that even with High (Double) price & less gaming title SONY PS3 is not much behind from XBOX360.

Speaking at the annual shareholders' meeting in Tokyo, Sony Chief Executive Howard Stringer said the new PlayStation 3 games are expected to hit the worldwide market this fiscal year. Sony Corp., on June 22,2007 announced its plans to launch at least 380 new game titles for its PlayStation 3 gaming console.

God Please help XBOX360.............

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
sam9s said:
BUT if you are getting almost the very same quality n quantity for half the price then
:D , Actually , i n both the Gamespot Graphics reviews the Xbox 360 graphics are better than those of the PS3 , so PS3 supporters can stop ranting about GFX quality .

cynosure said:
But you even can play MS games on PS3 by dbl booting it with windows:D
Mate , windows runs on X86 architecture and PS3 is Cell(like PowerPC) Architecture , there is no way you can run Windows on It .

And even if it did , the performance of games would be like slideshows ;)

Also Xbox Live totally whacks out Playstation Home(PS3's online gaming service) .

And when u see Xbox 360 giving HDMI , 120gig HDD for 19.5k(480 USD) , then u simply can't go for the PS3 .

Also , i personally find the Xbox 360 controller more ergonomic than the PS3's(but my Dreamcast controller is the most ergonomic)

As for the pricing , i year Xbox Live costs 49 USD , which is a fraction of the price of A year's worth of broadband connection . Plus you additional goodies like Xbox CUstomized diamond cards , IM chats , etc . Xbox Live has a hell lot more features than Playstation Home , and if a person can buy $70 game then he can pay $7 to play it online fer a month :)

AND , the most important point is that Coding for the Xbox 360(using DirectX) is a hell lot easier than PS3 , and as you've coded your games using DIrectX u can easily port it to the PC with great performance , same is the case for PC game development using directx which can easily be ported to Xbox 360 .

Thus by developing for the 360 developers can relese their games on two platforms and the 360 and PC combined have a much larger share than the PS3 alone . As game development is a costly thing , the less work you can do to develop for multiple platforms , the better , and that's what most companied are headed towards .

Last edited:
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
:D , Actually , i n both the Gamespot Graphics reviews the Xbox 360 graphics are better than those of the PS3 , so PS3 supporters can stop ranting about GFX quality .

I don't know how you people compare both Gaming console. Some websites compares screen-shot. This is total wrong way to compare them. It can be the difference of display device also. You just play games on both console on same display device and check which allow you to play much smoother and whose joy-stick controlling much smoother.
And plese don't compare console by their hardware figure. It's totaly engineering stuff. Can anyone tell me why PS3 Use two memory at different speed. What's difference between architecture if Nvidia & ATI GPU ? Two Processor with same clock freq. and same memory may have different performance. Which are the factors which affect it? If you know all these things then you can compare.
Some game developers believes that they can't utilise fully what PS3 offers.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Well game reiewers have this much intelligence , they compare the consoles with the same setup :cool:

and take screenshots using specialzed hardware(& software) that captures the video output direct from the cable(component,HDMI) , they don't take screenshots using the camera , if that's what you're thinkin .

Top Bottom