Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

sainit

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

We all have heard about XBOX 360 and PLAYSTATION 3. But still there are some confusion like which one is good and what r the difference between two.

So i m putting this thread so that we can discuss pro/con of both of these here.

In my personal view i will go for - Plyastation 3 because this is compitable with CD/DVD/BlueRay, Wi-Fi is enabled, Game through internet are free. These all are not present in XBOX360.

Thanks

assasin

Banned
I too prefer the PS3 over Xbox 360 but the PS3 costs a hell lot more than the Xbox360.So price acts as a deterrent for PS3.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well , PS3 is actually more advanced than the X360 , and some game developers have indeed agreed that its quite tough to cope with the new architecture that the PS3 uses .. so the current gen games are not able to really utilize what the PS3 has to offer .. i blindly support PS3 over X360 ... and just waiting for its game library to fill up .. definitely getting one then ..

OP
S

sainit

Journeyman
assasin as u r saying price of Playstation 3 are much more than xbox360.

But if we look in long term then we found that price will be same as for xbox360.

xbox360 with WiFi
Xbox360 with Internet Gaming (for which u have to pay yearly basis)
Xbox360 without Blueray plyer which is a must in future.

So cost is enough but worth the features provided by Playstation 3.

T

thunderbird.117

XBox 360 has HD-DVD. :)

I have nothing to worry because i have no plans to waste money on dumb consoles.

T

thunderbird.117

sam9s said:
From a programer's point of view game development for x360 if easier than PS3. PS3 tecnically on paper is advanced than 360.

*i13.tinypic.com/2n0iwpz.jpg

Also when it comes to better bang for bucks 360 is way ahead....

True. But sadly no one agree to that. Value founder itself said that PS3 should stop producing and start a new console. This is the last Playstation that the world will ever see. PS 3 have number of problems with their hardware and so many bugs in the software. PS3 is not worth the money.

goobimama

 Macboy
Thing is (they say) most games will be ported to Xbox 360 as well as PS3, so the game developers are not going to go through the trouble of making any more changes to the games architecture so that the PS3 fully utilises it. Both platforms will look the same so what's the point of the extra power? However, I would buy a PS3 for its blu-ray capability...but then again..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i know its a dead thread, but this comparo is new, so read...........

*image.com.com/gamespot/shared/gs5/themes/standard/masthead_features.jpg

Xbox 360 vs PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison

whyrus

Right off the assembly line
Xbox 360 sucks big-time. These consoles turned in by MS are defective. My friend had a 360 and it died on him within a few weeks. It has the famous "red ring of death" (google it up, if you don't believe) showing up every few weeks. Consoles have to be turned in and MS takes a cool £130 for replacement (outside the warranty support). Burns a hole in your pocket and Bill earns his money.

PS3 wins hands down. Price is definitely a detterent. Have anybody tried Wii. Games are limited now, more so in India. But the fun factor is maxed out. Tried Wii sports and am addicted. Good value for money as well. Has anybody considered a PSP as well???

whyrus

But if it breaks down on the next day of the end of your warranty period, it is not much value for money. Also I've heard of instances where the consoles have died down within a week of its purchase. Well if value of money means a short term option, go for it... :)

whyrus

I'm not a Sony fanatic but trust me - PS3 on a HDTV looks outstanding. I've seen graphics from 360 as well. Doesn't come even close. But I guess there is no point in discussing the two as HDTV will take some years to get to India. You are absolutely right - The price sucks. But a few months and some competition from Wii would bring the price down. Wii rocks in the meantime.

I think we are all a bit impatient.

Understand that the console called PS3 has been released by Sony and not any 3rd right electronics company. Sony would have certainly seen it's future before releasing it. Otherwise, why do you think, they took all the trouble of pre-launch were they were plagued with monetery issues decide to release the PS3?

You should also remeber that PS2 just kept getting better and you have to agree that games that were released a few months back for PS2 are far more impressive and superior than the one that were released along with the release of PS2. The point is, only the latter games were able to utilize the full potential of the PS2 hardware.

Thing is (they say) most games will be ported to Xbox 360 as well as PS3, so the game developers are not going to go through the trouble of making any more changes to the games architecture so that the PS3 fully utilises it. Both platforms will look the same so what's the point of the extra power? However, I would buy a PS3 for its blu-ray capability...but then again..

:mad: You must remember that Sony has its own game development section which has time and again created jawdropping games which has been able to show the true power of their consoles. So, even if other game developers are not going to go through the trouble to making architecture changes (which I don't agree with and which they will), then Sony will themselves create games for their console!

We must understand that PS3 comes from the very 2 legendary consoles PS1 and PS2 and will continue the same legacy! A lot of history and hands on gaming experience with both PS1&PS2 will help us understand the true value and potential that Sony's consoles have.

Microsoft has taken the easy way into the market by using existing system hardware to create their consoles rather than coming up with new innovations. We must understand that the first XBox was nothing more than a compactly packed PentiumIII. And not much innovation is there is the new XBox360 either which uses normal processors which again limits the capability of games. I respect and appreciate for what the XBox360 is. But one thing it can't become is the PS3.

XBox360 as mentioned earlier, due to the use of existing hardware is limiting game developers to dream big and not giving us the true meaning of imaginative creativity! PS3 on the other hand has opened up a whole new world for game developers to explore for the coming years where it's going to take gaming to a whole new level. No wonder the XBox has been plagued with hardware issues, as it's nothing more than an assembled PC. The PS3 on the other hand is a product of 7-10 years of reasearch and development, and it is laymans nature to poke fun at such a marvel of machine!

It is just too early for all of us to lambent at the PS3, when there haven't even been enough titles released for it so far. I'm sure, Sony has it's plan up it's sleeves and will put it out at the right time. Because they have proven themselves in this matter of reliability and passion!

I can bet on one thing! Within the next 2-3 years, Sony is going to gain back it's lost ground in terms of sales with XBox360 and will regain it's credibility as the ultimate gaming console!:cool:

sam9s said:
aaagh!! another PS3 fanboy......The entire explanation seems more to convince yourself rather than us that PS3 is still there.......It already has lost the entire battle and everything whatsoever is left.................... forget gaining back it's lost ground in terms of sales and credibility with 360.

With PS2 and 1 yes it had the crown but definately not with PS3 its same as AMD couple of years ago before the present king C2D was launched.

Here........................ some links for your PS3's "credibility as the ultimate gaming console!"

*www.realtechnews.com/posts/3449
*www.i4u.com/article5975.html
*cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20061011
*www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/10/19/PS3_controller_battery_not_replaceable/

Dude.. I'm not a PS3 'Fanboy'. I have been seeing this more than you know. I've been in the gaming world more than you can think back of. Infact, I'm one of the semi-finalist in the AXN GameMAX Gaming challenge. Maybe you missed that on TV! So, I guess you are rather being a PS3 'HATEBOY'.

I am not critisizing any other game console, but you are just jumping before the boat has reached the shoreline! Learn to be patient my friend. And you yourself will agree to what Sony has achieved few years down the line.

Maybe, you shouldn't take out your GUN before the Target has arrived! You're just shooting into thin air. Wait and watch!

And maybe you forgot of Sony plans to start manufacturing Game Discs in India which are further going to bring down cost of Games below the 1K mark! Let's see who's Games are going to sell more then!:cool:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Lol ... X360 is great not because PS3 is bad .. lol .. Game developers themselves agreed on the fact the PS3 architecture is a bit too advanced for them to start making games immediately .. plus a direct port wouldn't work either .. this is something similar to the time when PS2 was launched .. people had doubts about its success .. and look at our time .. the PS2 still rockz ... unlike the Xbox which was shortly followed by the X360 .. the PS3 has enough power , and Sony made it pretty clear their console will not be outdated for quite some time ;) ..

Just wait and watch .. the first gen. of games for the PS3 hardly made the console work :p ... wait for GT HD ... and game that'll follow .. particularly the ones from Sony's workhouse itself :D ... u'r entitled to a total new experience :rolleyes: ..

deathvirus_me said:
Lol ... X360 is great not because PS3 is bad .. lol .. Game developers themselves agreed on the fact the PS3 architecture is a bit too advanced for them to start making games immediately .. plus a direct port wouldn't work either .. this is something similar to the time when PS2 was launched .. people had doubts about its success .. and look at our time .. the PS2 still rockz ... unlike the Xbox which was shortly followed by the X360 .. the PS3 has enough power , and Sony made it pretty clear their console will not be outdated for quite some time ;) ..

Just wait and watch .. the first gen. of games for the PS3 hardly made the console work :p ... wait for GT HD ... and game that'll follow .. particularly the ones from Sony's workhouse itself :D ... u'r entitled to a total new experience :rolleyes: ..

Completely Agree:D

Atleast someone remebers the past;)

I have tried SONY PS3 at sony world.
I've also tried Xbox360.

I always give much importance to the technical spec. while selecting product but my final decision always depends on my eyes, ears and mind.

AND What i feel....................
XBOX360 is no way near the PS3..............

Top Bottom