Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

sam9s said:
Indian price still hovers between 35K to 40K.......what ever you do or say.......

But still, it's worth it. Because like I mentioned before, it's a PC too. You can run linux and do whatever you do on a computer. So a computer+game console for 40K is still worth it.

However, I'm quite sure the prices will drop as the international prices are just starting to drop as it's hardly been a week since the price cut. It may take upto a month to see it reflecting in the Indian market.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Help~Is~Here said:
Dude, do you understand that if you need a 120GB hardrive for the XBOX360 you have to pay 399+178 = US$ 577
Dude , i think you haven't heard about the Xbox 360 Elite , it retails for 480 USd and comes with 120 gig HDD , HDMI(with cable that is) and all other features . Which , is $20 cheaper than the cheapest PS3(USD 499 60GB version) :cool:

One Advice:please verify your claims before making them .

Help~Is~Here said:
But still, it's worth it. Because like I mentioned before, it's a PC too. You can run linux and do whatever you do on a computer. So a computer+game console for 40K is still worth it.
Mate , the PS3's SPE's are specially designed for streaming floating point operations(i.e. gaming) .

Just like a GFX card outperforms a CPU in gaming , a CPU can outperform a GFX card in normal computing tasks :)

I was eagerly waiting for both the consoles and after a lot of brainstorming , i have come to the conclusion that the 360 has won the 7th Generation Console War.

and for your info , i own a PS2 and seriously believe it to be the best console of the last generation . But the PS3 is a disappointment , and it's selling only because it's a sucessor to the legendarry PS2.

Also , as for PS3's multimedia capabilities , well the 360 too can play media files from pen drives and can do al sorts of Multimedia tasks like playing movies , etc so both are same here.

And the biggest hing is that the 360 is made by "Microsoft" , and with the current amount of money they're putting into 360's marketing and exclusive content(GTA IV anyone) , and the numerous features they're adding in the software updates , i'll place my bet on them .

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
40k is the official price. I've heard of grey market PS3s going for like 25k... if anyone could verify this...?

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Dude , i think you haven't heard about the Xbox 360 Elite , it retails for 480 USd and comes with 120 gig HDD , HDMI(with cable that is) and all other features . Which , is $20 cheaper than the cheapest PS3(USD 499 60GB version) :cool:

One Advice:please verify your claims before making them .

Mate , the PS3's SPE's are specially designed for streaming floating point operations(i.e. gaming) .

Just like a GFX card outperforms a CPU in gaming , a CPU can outperform a GFX card in normal computing tasks :)

I was eagerly waiting for both the consoles and after a lot of brainstorming , i have come to the conclusion that the 360 has won the 7th Generation Console War.

and for your info , i own a PS2 and seriously believe it to be the best console of the last generation . But the PS3 is a disappointment , and it's selling only because it's a sucessor to the legendarry PS2.

Also , as for PS3's multimedia capabilities , well the 360 too can play media files from pen drives and can do al sorts of Multimedia tasks like playing movies , etc so both are same here.

And the biggest hing is that the 360 is made by "Microsoft" , and with the current amount of money they're putting into 360's marketing and exclusive content(GTA IV anyone) , and the numerous features they're adding in the software updates , i'll place my bet on them .

Dude, you still can't stop arguing can you? The PS3 has won the war, go read all the posts in the thread before you speak nonsense. What is the use of an HDMI cable when the shitty XBOX is not even Full HD? Are you going to buy an HDTV and plug something that is not True HD!! Gimme a break!!

I guess you are just one of those Microsoft Freaks.

Xbox gamers who already own the $399.99 20-gigabyte model can buy a snap-on 120-gigabyte hard drive for an additional $179.99!! Now how much do you think that costs? less? Go get a life dude!! The 360 Elite was just launched to try to beat the PS3 at a higher Hardrive capacity and you are talking about $20? Sad man. Now all you got to argue with is a 20$ bill?

Like I said before, the only thing you can argue about now is the price and shame on you to argue about 20 Dollars!!:mad:

Mods, please close this thread before it ends up in flaming.:cool:

*www.xpango.com/fe/img/cnt/how_it_works/webmasters/xpango_banner_sony_ps3.gif​

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
First of all Mr.Help~Is~Here i would like to tell you that you should stop telling mods what to do, they know what to do thus they are the MODS , if you think this thread is a flame war etc, then you should make use of the report button & be done with it.

Now as far as THE great PS 3 has won the war bluff, actually its neither PS 3
nor xbox 360 which has truly won the war ITS WII , yup WII has won the war , its the most unique console i have ever seen.

now back to the topic PS 3 may have better hardware than xbox 360 , it may beat xbox 360 very badly in the upcoming years, but things don't work out with may,should,would etc. at present believe it or not Xbox 360 is in the lead , it has better games , its cheaper , Xbox live Gold is really cool.
yes i do agree ps 3 can catch up to xbox 360 in 2-3 years due to better hardware, ps3 may drop in the distant future but the thing is it is uncertain.

So people decide what you want to buy , do you want to bet on something uncertain , or you want to bet on something which is in the lead right now , also make the decision yourself don't change your mind because some fan boy likes a particular console, cause its your Money.

smit said:
First of all Mr.Help~Is~Here i would like to tell you that you should stop telling mods what to do, they know what to do thus they are the MODS , if you think this thread is a flame war etc, then you should make use of the report button & be done with it.

Now as far as THE great PS 3 has won the war bluff, actually its neither PS 3
nor xbox 360 which has truly won the war ITS WII , yup WII has won the war , its the most unique console i have ever seen.

now back to the topic PS 3 may have better hardware than xbox 360 , it may beat xbox 360 very badly in the upcoming years, but things don't work out with may,should,would etc. at present believe it or not Xbox 360 is in the lead , it has better games , its cheaper , Xbox live Gold is really cool.
yes i do agree ps 3 can catch up to xbox 360 in 2-3 years due to better hardware, ps3 may drop in the distant future but the thing is it is uncertain.

So people decide what you want to buy , do you want to bet on something uncertain , or you want to bet on something which is in the lead right now , also make the decision yourself don't change your mind because some fan boy likes a particular console, cause its your Money.

Listen dude, I never told the Mods, do this, do that.. like my first statement, I suggested the mods what they could do about this thread! Do you think the mods are going to close it just because I tell? It was a suggestion dude, seems like you too take things too literally rather than looking at what they imply. The same is the case with the next issue too. I never told anyone you have to buy this and buy nothing else!! I did not force anyone to buy anything, neither did I ask anyone to bet on anything. I just gave the difference and the listed different features and suggested what to do!! I never forced anyone to buy anything. Get a life dude!! :cool:

Don't take things too literally. No one especially me is forcing anybody to buy anything! And this is certainly not the place to take advise on buying something, this is a place where one expresses his/her view about a particular product/service and even if you felt that I was forcing someone to buy something, then I'm sorry to say that you are in the wrong section looking for buying suggestions.

And like I mentioned before, the whole thread was a question on which is the best console and not the most affordable console, and I've said before, you could possibly buy a Wii if you are looking at affordability. And with regards to the best, PS3 simply wins without any questions, now which part is that you don't understand, before you start arguing more, read the entire thread, you will understand why most of the XBOX360 Fanboys ate their words. I like the XBOX 360, but when it comes to the question of best, then there is no question that it is the PS3!!:cool:

Now, if you still want affordability, get one for free, here's the link:

*www.xpango.com/fe/img/cnt/how_it_works/webmasters/xpango_banner_sony_ps3.gif*www.xpango.com/fe/img/cnt/how_it_works/webmasters/xpango_banner_nintendo_wii.gif

Who

Guess Who's Back
First of all , did i say you are forcing someone to buy this console ?, did i call you a fan boy ?, did i quote your message ? No, when i said fanboys i mean the fools who stick with there option even though it sucks.

also about your suggestions to mods, look pal i have read many posts of yours , in most posts you are making suggestions to mods like this, its kinda annoying thing but like i said its better to report the thread then making suggestions, still i didn't meant to hurt your feelings.

also Wii sold so much because it was UNIQUE, its not to due to price, if price did matter in other countries why did 8800 GTS 320 MB sold more than 8500 GT, because people knew 8500 GT was a very bad card. ( it was an example)

see people want to buy the thing that will give more bang for there buck, also about your view the PS 3 is the best console right now, if by best you mean ' The console with the best hardware cabilities' then by all means PS 3 is the best but by any other means i don't think so but its your view , if you beleive in it so much then no can change your view , so be happy with it, but if you open your eyes you may find that PS 3 isn't No.1 right now, it may become No.1 in 2-3 years it may not.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
agreed. me too bought p4 when the amd's were blasting the p4's in all reviews .
right now , i dont have money to buy either of them(ps3 or xbox) . so i settled for a 8600gt instead of a ps2 , so i have no idea which(ps3 or xbox360) is better . plz , i hope i aint drifting off the topic. i just wanted know how much ps3 and xbox360 games cost . quite a lot of us dont use genuine and depend on mods and pirated games for consoles .

i am a noob in this regard . have mods arrived for ps3 ?? i heard there were mods for xbox360 . are they working well ?

Whats the price of ps3 and xbox360 game discs . pirated and genuine....
I feel that this also plays an important role in choosing which console to buy.
This again comes to the question of affordability , and this definitely doesnt talk about which is the better console . but i ( and many wanting to buy one of these consoles ) wud like know the prices of the game disc as no body wud want to buy a console and not be able to buy games for it.

Thanks for the info.

sam9s said:
Parimal, didnt expect this from you....so you think I am the biggest hater of PS3 mmmmmm buddy I am the biggets hatter of people denying plain logic....leme give you a secret if you think I am the biggest hater of PS3.........I for all you people to know was equally mesmerised by PS3 and its power and I; as well agrued to the limits to defend it. This was at the begining of the year after PS3 was launched............ giving you a link of that fourm where I have argued in favour of PS3 to my limits, but that was just because of the awsome power PS3 offered. With due course of time I seriously realised that 360 games also gave almost equal GFX quality as compared to PS3 dispite of PS3 having the much talked about cell processor, and this is the practical experience I am talking about. Literally played a couple of games on both the consoles, and I felt no difference, but as I said there was a huge price diff between the both. If you read carefully this thread you can understand if I really hate PS3............ok here is the link for that other fourm..techreport.com....I have posted with the same name sam9s..........my request.......... read the entire thread patiently and tell me do I sound the biggest PS3 hater...............

*techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45683&highlight=

Ya buddy i know that you have given logic to explained above metters.......
But think.... These both console made for future. The high graphix games which world hadn't seen yet.......

Xbox use HD-DVD (25-30 GB) while PS3 has blue-ray 50GB. But most important is how much you can access. Sony emphasis on that. Here is the role of graphix processor and hardware engine.
Both console gives full HD output, means the no. of pixels are same in each frame. As the frames per second is higher, smoother the game.

Simple logic :
With equal framesize, if higher is the frame rate per second ===> Higher the game size.
Sony explained that PS3 Graphix engine capable of passing the Full HD frames even at frame speed made such high which covers whole blue-ray capacity. And we all know that Sony doesn't give a fake promis.

Now tell me have you seen any game on console which has size of above 30-40 GB. ( I am not telling about larger size games - The size is high as frames per second are high). So when it made possible will Xbox360 sustain it.

That why I am telling you that Games-developers are not able to fully utilising what PS3 offers. It seems like PS3 made for furure.

parimal_xp2003 said:
Ya buddy i know that you have given logic to explained above metters.......
But think.... These both console made for future. The high graphix games which world hadn't seen yet.......

Xbox use HD-DVD (25-30 GB) while PS3 has blue-ray 50GB. But most important is how much you can access. Sony emphasis on that. Here is the role of graphix processor and hardware engine.
Both console gives full HD output, means the no. of pixels are same in each frame. As the frames per second is higher, smoother the game.

Simple logic :
With equal framesize, if higher is the frame rate per second ===> Higher the game size.
Sony explained that PS3 Graphix engine capable of passing the Full HD frames even at frame speed made such high which covers whole blue-ray capacity. And we all know that Sony doesn't give a fake promis.

Now tell me have you seen any game on console which has size of above 30-40 GB. ( I am not telling about larger size games - The size is high as frames per second are high). So when it made possible will Xbox360 sustain it.

That why I am telling you that Games-developers are not able to fully utilising what PS3 offers. It seems like PS3 made for furure.

I'm afraid you are mistaken about the HD part, both consoles don't give full HD. Only the PS3 is full HD.

XBOX360 - 1080i (Interlaced HD/Artificially created HD)
PS3 - 1080p (True HD)

For those of you who think the output is same and they look same, maybe you haven't tried both on a True HDTV(1080p) not a 1080i HDTV. Try it and then you will come to know the true difference in the picture, if you try to play both on a standard TV or a normal 1080i HDTV, then I'm afraid, it's going to look the same, and that's what most of you have done!

And I do agree that all the games are not fully utilizing the full capacity of the PS3, but there are already a couple of games that prove the difference. I still don't understand why people argue that there is no difference when few games have already proven it! I hope more games utilizing the full capacity of the PS3 come out in the near future. Remember, we have already had the discussion about some of you saying that game developers are not going to take the pain, but dont' forget that Sony have their own game development company, and they will be one's who will bring out games to match the PS3's potential.

Help~Is~Here said:
I'm afraid you are mistaken about the HD part, both consoles don't give full HD. Only the PS3 is full HD.

XBOX360 - 1080i (Interlaced HD/Artificially created HD)
PS3 - 1080p (True HD)

Ya buddy.......... mistaken.......
1080p has higher bandwidth than 1080i.

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
parimal_xp2003 said:
Ya buddy.......... mistaken.......
1080p has higher bandwidth than 1080i.
Xbox 360 Elite offer full 1080p HD , and spring 2007 dashboard update has enabled 1080p on all Xbox consoles :)

Help~Is~Here said:
Xbox gamers who already own the $399.99 20-gigabyte model can buy a snap-on 120-gigabyte hard drive for an additional $179.99
well , this way PS3 60GB owners will also HAVE to buy upgraded 80 GB HDD eh!

mate , As you are comparing the LATEST CHEAPER models of PS3 that is why i am comparing to to Xbox 360 Elite .

Help~Is~Here said:
DWhat is the use of an HDMI cable when the shitty XBOX is not even Full HD?
see above ...

Help~Is~Here said:
And like I mentioned before, the whole thread was a question on which is the best console and not the most affordable console
Best does not necessarily mean the most powerful one but the one with better gameplay and experience :cool:

parimal_xp2003 said:
Xbox use HD-DVD (25-30 GB) while PS3 has blue-ray 50GB.
ever cared to think why Single Layer 4.3 GB disks are more popular(and cheaper) than Dual Layer 8.75 GB disks .

Heck , even in Single Layer DVD's why DVD-R is more popular than DVD+R ?

Last edited:
"The HDMI output is a welcome addition, as it provides a single cable solution--digital audio and high-def video--for connecting to HDTVs and A/V receivers. Whereas the previous Xbox 360 could output HD video up to 1080p resolution via component (or optional VGA adapter), far more HDTVs actually accept that highest of resolutions via the HDMI input.

The downside is that Microsoft seems to have opted for something less than the HDMI version 1.3 found on the PlayStation 3. That means that any movies played on the optional HD DVD add-on will be limited to standard Dolby Digital soundtracks, not the higher resolution Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio."

Above is a Quote by Cnet Reviews

Here are the 2 reviews of the XBOX360 Elite and the PS3. Cnet clearly rates the PS3 better than the Xbox Elite. Why? Read if for yourself and find out!!

XBox360 Elite Review: *reviews.cnet.com/consoles/microsoft-xbox-360-elite/4505-10109_7-32390552.html

Sony PS3 Review: *reviews.cnet.com/consoles/sony-playstation-3-60gb/4505-10109_7-31355103.html?tag=pop

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
a Quote from the same page that you linked to.

CNET said:
While it's neither a must-have upgrade for existing 360 owners nor as feature-packed as the PS3, the Xbox 360 Elite's combination of top-notch gaming and digital media features make it the current game console of choice.
need i say more :rolleyes:

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
a Quote from the same page that you linked to.
need i say more :rolleyes:

yes, you are right.. but why do you think the PS3 got a better score? just because of the hardware and a higher price? No. That's because it's the best. It is understandable that considering price, yes, it's the current buy, but like the same review says, it still can't beat the PS3.

Ok, guys, with a lot of pain, I've compiled a sheet not specific to the raw hardware capability but a chart which tells us what you get for the money you pay and what you can do with it because it's right now pointless to fight over graphics power as there are a lot of games yet to be released to show the true potential of the PS3.

So, please check the attachment. If you think, there is a problem, please don't start flaming, let me know because I've worked my a** out for the last 4 hours to collate data and reviews to get that much in there. So, please do check the attachment and let me know.:)

And, if you want, you can check these good reviews once again:

XBox360 Elite Review: *reviews.cnet.com/consoles/mic...-32390552.html

Sony PS3 Review: *reviews.cnet.com/consoles/son...3.html?tag=pop

goobimama

 Macboy
I can only see page 1. The rest of the pages are empty. Assuming that the extra pages were just extra pages.

goobimama said:
I can only see page 1. The rest of the pages are empty. Assuming that the extra pages were just extra pages.

yeah.. only 1 page has the data, don't worry. Those pdf printers don't work the way you always want.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Help~Is~Here said:
Ok, guys, with a lot of pain, I've compiled a sheet not specific to the raw hardware capability but a chart which tells us what you get for the money you pay and what you can do with it because it's right now pointless to fight over graphics power as there are a lot of games yet to be released to show the true potential of the PS3.
well here's what I think of the whole situation .

1. I DO NOT want an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray drive as no one is a clear winner currently and i'll only buy one when a clear winner emerges . SO for now , i only want to play games .

2.The BLU-RAY drive of PS3 will not function like a normal PC Blu-Ray drive , you cannot connect it to your pc and copy data or even write data to blank blu-ray dvd's , so in the true sense it can only be used to watch Blu-Ray movies(which will not be here atleast for 2-3 years at the minimum)

3. PS3 has inbuilt Wifi , great(but i gues i don't need it as i don't use Wifi)

4. Xbox 360 has 120 GB HDD for $480 whereas PS3 has 80 GB for $600

5.Xbox 360 Officially supports Windows Media Center , i don't see PS3 supporting any linux PS3.

6. External Power box is a better optin coz it's easy to replace it if it gets damaged , etc(we know how the Electricity situation in India is , high voltage , frequent power cuts , et all)

7. Xbox Lve is miles ahead of PS Home , you cannot even compare them .

8. I Agree about the Noisy part(fan) but DVD drive is not noisy .

9. And lastly , Xbox Games come on DVD's , so you know what i mean ;)

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Zeeshan Quireshi said:

1. I DO NOT want an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray drive as no one is a clear winner currently and i'll only buy one when a clear winner emerges . SO for now , i only want to play games .

i only want to play games............

hmmm......nice & true logic.....

Top Bottom