Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
True, either he does not know what he is saying or he seriously is visually impaired not to make out the difference.

Other reasons

1) He owns a PS3 & is trying to justify his stupidity of paying 40k for a gaming console, in front of all of us

2) He works for Sony

3) Sony India is paying him to post here

4) Since everyone is taking the side of XBOX 360, he took the side of PS3 cos he wanted to debate here without gaining any knowledge of how things work

Oh look....he is in this thread, must be calling me idiot, moron, ignorant & what not. :D & still writing reply to my long post which I took 1 hour to write as I was chatting.

Hey, If I were u help dude, i would have added some more money & bought a laptop instead of PS3 for 40k

gx_saurav said:
Choice my friend, HD DVD Drive is not imposed on us while a Blue Ray Drive is imposed on us in the form of PS3. We don't need HD DVD right now, when we need it, we can buy the cheepest HD DVD player out there which already works with our XBOX :).
Hmmmmmmmmmm. ... another sony hate boy. Now man listen... go through all the postes and read carefully........ why are u posting without reading them???????..... We have already discussed that sony designed ps3 for next gen. games ( For extreme high graphix - high defination)..... So its ur choice live in past or upgrade with world...........i already told that Don't blame PS3 as you don't afford it......

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I am a kabab paratha fanboy :D but still I eat burger once in a while, but no Pizza....tooo much cheese.

gx_saurav said:
Other reasons

1) He owns a PS3 & is trying to justify his stupidity of paying 40k for a gaming console, in front of all of us

2) He works for Sony

3) Sony India is paying him to post here

4) Since everyone is taking the side of XBOX 360, he took the side of PS3 cos he wanted to debate here without gaining any knowledge of how things work

Oh look....he is in this thread, must be calling me idiot, moron, ignorant & what not. :D & still writing reply to my long post which I took 1 hour to write as I was chatting.

Hey, If I were u help dude, i would have added some more money & bought a laptop instead of PS3 for 40k
I think microsoft is paying you for this.......... haha
SAYING IN HINDI " HATI K SAMNE KUTTE KINTNE BHI BHONK LE HATHI APNA RASTA NAHI CHHODTA"
SO AGAIN DON'T BLAME PS3 AS YOU DON'T AFFORD IT..... ok
I THINK YOU GUYS TOO TOO FRUSTRATED... .......TAKE A REST AND FIND ANOTHER HEALTHY REASONS FOR XBOX.......

YOU AND SAMS9 STICK WITH YOUR DUMB XBOX360 AND HOPE THAT GAMING TECHNOLOGY WON'T UPGRADE IN FUTURE AND YOU XBOX LIVES FOREVER............. I'LL UPGRADE WITH WORLD....

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
parimal_xp2003 said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm. ... another sony hate boy. Now man listen... go through all the postes and read carefully........ why are u posting without reading them???????..... We have already discussed that sony designed ps3 for next gen. games ( For extreme high graphix - high defination)..... So its ur choice live in past or upgrade with world...........i already told that Don't blame PS3 as you don't afford it......
You really don't know who r u talking to, right? :D I am the biggest Sony Ericsson fanboy among my friends here. Infect I am not even a fanboy, I just go for whats the best bang for the buck.

Lolz....boy, u know what Extreme graphics & High defination games mean ? :D. Time for some myth busters & knowledge books

1) PS3's GPU is based on nVidia GeForce 7 Series technology which support maximum texture resolution of 4096X4096 pixel in a game. XBOX 360's Xenon GPU supports 8192X8192 pixel texture, & it is able to do more work per clock cycle compared to PS3 due to unified shader. Now don't come back & say "PS3 has Cell". Cell is CPU not the GPU. PS3's GPU is limited compared to XBOX 360. It doesn't even supports OpenGL 2.1, what else do u expect.

So, by your logic, graphically PS3 is inferior to XBOX 360, right. :D Answer is no, it all depends on what resolution texture the game developer is using. Right now even Unreal Engine 3.0 is not using more then 1024X1024 pixel texture due to memory limitations in PC. It might use 2K textures in Consoles due to high available bandwidth in the future but not now.

In both cases, both PS3 & XBOX 360 are next gen high definition consoles. Both have enough horse power, graphical & calculation wise to play games at 1080Ii or 1080p. However, no game developer is able to tap this much power out of PS3 & XBOX 360 yet. Even the best console games are not using textures more then 1024X1024 pixel. Hack, even Doom 3 engine is using maximum 512X512 pixel textures at Ultra quality.

Make one thing clear. Outputting to a HDTV does not mean the game is HD Quality.

When it comes to buying a console, nothing is perfect. However, judging by the current scenario XBOX 360 is a better buy then PS3. Sure if you are filthy rich like some macboys you can buy PS3, but what will u do of that PS3 if there are not enough games available out there to play.

So, boy first go & learn what HD Gaming means :D.

I think microsoft is paying you for this.......... haha
Yeah, I want a game console to play games for timepass on weekends. Guess what, Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii or Gears of War on XBOX 360 right now. Oh & these costs so less then PS3. you are right, i can afford a PS3, but who cares when I can do timepass (the reason video games were made) with Wiiiiiiiiiii

YOU AND SAMS9 STICK WITH YOUR DUMB XBOX360 AND HOPE THAT GAMING TECHNOLOGY WON'T UPGRADE IN FUTURE AND YOU XBOX LIVES FOREVER............. I'LL UPGRADE WITH WORLD....
Tell me something, PS3 & XBOX 360 both are meant to play games. What is your reason for saying "PS3 is meant for the Future".

If it is Blue Ray disk support then XBOX 360 due to its architecture hardly needs more then 9 GB DVD storage. Just cos PS3 has Blue Ray disk support which means more storage to save games doesn't mean better. You really have no idea about the compression algorithm, or hardware decompression of Audio & video in XBOX.
SAYING IN HINDI " HATI K SAMNE KUTTE KINTNE BHI BHONK LE HATHI APNA RASTA NAHI CHHODTA"

Absolutely right, looking at the size of PS3 it indeed is a hathi :D compared to the XBOX 36o or Wii.

Just look at the size, it looks so cool :D

Oh wait....where did that came from

Last edited:
gx_saurav said:
You really don't know who r u talking to, right? :D I am the biggest Sony Ericsson fanboy among my friends here. Infect I am not even a fanboy, I just go for whats the best bang for the buck.

Lolz....boy, u know what Extreme graphics & High defination games mean ? :D. Time for some myth busters & knowledge books

1) PS3's GPU is based on nVidia GeForce 7 Series technology which support maximum texture resolution of 4096X4096 pixel in a game. XBOX 360's Xenon GPU supports 8192X8192 pixel texture, & it is able to do more work per clock cycle compared to PS3 due to unified shader. Now don't come back & say "PS3 has Cell". Cell is CPU not the GPU. PS3's GPU is limited compared to XBOX 360. It doesn't even supports OpenGL 2.1, what else do u expect.

So, by your logic, graphically PS3 is inferior to XBOX 360, right. :D Answer is no, it all depends on what resolution texture the game developer is using. Right now even Unreal Engine 3.0 is not using more then 1024X1024 pixel texture due to memory limitations in PC. It might use 2K textures in Consoles due to high available bandwidth in the future but not now.

In both cases, both PS3 & XBOX 360 are next gen high definition consoles. Both have enough horse power, graphical & calculation wise to play games at 1080Ii or 1080p. However, no game developer is able to tap this much power out of PS3 & XBOX 360 yet. Even the best console games are not using textures more then 1024X1024 pixel. Hack, even Doom 3 engine is using maximum 512X512 pixel textures at Ultra quality.

Make one thing clear. Outputting to a HDTV does not mean the game is HD Quality.

When it comes to buying a console, nothing is perfect. However, judging by the current scenario XBOX 360 is a better buy then PS3. Sure if you are filthy rich like some macboys you can buy PS3, but what will u do of that PS3 if there are not enough games available out there to play.

So, boy first go & learn what HD Gaming means :D.

I THINk YOU NEED TO LEARN AND READ ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD..... I already told you that if you want to compare console by hardware figures give the answers of my questions posted earlier.

This things we have already discussed in first three pages...... SO don't want to repeate this all agin.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ nah, I am too lazy to read all that.

So, if you have already discussed here, then you know that PS3 graphically is inferior to XBOX 360. Yup, Cell is very powerful indeed but it will take lots of time to tap the potential of Cell.

Now any sane buyer will not buy a console thinking "Lets buy it, after 4 years the games will be outstanding". He will rather think about what he can play right now.

The only reason I find for you to continue this topic is that PS3 has Blue Ray disk support for $600 while XBOX 360 has a normal DVD drive to read the game disks & HD DVD drive as an optional add-on for $200 if u need it. Now you tell me boy, do u want to pay for something that you will use after 4 years?

Oh wait, you do want to do that....cos you are not using your own money. :D

gx_saurav said:
^^^ nah, I am too lazy to read all that.

So, if you have already discussed here, then you know that PS3 graphically is inferior to XBOX 360. Yup, Cell is very powerful indeed but it will take lots of time to tap the potential of Cell.

Now any sane buyer will not buy a console thinking "Lets buy it, after 4 years the games will be outstanding". He will rather think about what he can play right now.

The only reason I find for you to continue this topic is that PS3 has Blue Ray disk support for $600 while XBOX 360 has a normal DVD drive to read the game disks & HD DVD drive as an optional add-on for $200 if u need it. Now you tell me boy, do u want to pay for something that you will use after 4 years?

Oh wait, you do want to do that....cos you are not using your own money. :D
4 years ..... wait and watch what happened in next 1 year. that's whay i am telling you to read all the posts...... SONY already announced 380 new gaming titles for this fiscal year.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
parimal_xp2003 said:
4 years ..... wait and watch what happened in next 1 year.
Nah, I wanna play games...so Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, U do the wait part. :D

SONY already announced 380 new gaming titles for this fiscal year.
While Microsoft already released 380 games in this fiscal year. :D

i just don't understand your logic. Wait & watch....abe for what? PS3 will do this, PS3 will do that.....when it starts doign all that then I will see again.

Wait, don't tell me you expect your PS3 hardware to last for 4 years without a single repair, Lolz....:d, Good luck trying to get your PS3 repaired if the Blue Ray laser diode dies in 2 or 3 years, (which it will, trust me. Those diodes do die whether XBOX 360 or PS3 or Wii). You will need to send your PS3 to Sony Service center & wait for many days, while if XBOX 360's Diode dies, simply take it to the service center & they will give u a new similar XBOX on the spot after you pay some cash difference. Your OLD XBOX 360 will go to factory for repair as XBOX 360 cannot be tempered or opened. The old XBOX will be opened in factory, will be refurbished & the good parts will be further used to repair other consoles which need those parts.

Actually, I just told u all what happens in such scenarios with all the companies. :D

You still haven't told me, what makes a PS3 future proof? The blu Ray Drive? Nope sorry, that doesn't means that the game play experience will be good. If that was the case then I guess the Nintendo is selling Wii by magic.

From your own logic, you are telling us to wait for a year, in which Sony will release 380 games for PS3, hmm...like I said, I wanna play games now, not wait for another year. When those games comes & PS3 justifies a purchase, i will buy it, right now XBOX 360 rulzzzz cos there are more games out there for XBOX 360 at a cheaper price then PS3

Last edited:
gx_saurav said:
Nah, I wanna play games...so Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, U do the wait part. :D

didn't tell u wait for playing......... wait to see who is the winner.
By the way..... wait for six months now or wait forever after six months... choice is yours... haha

gx_saurav said:
Wait, don't tell me you expect your PS3 hardware to last for 4 years without a single repair, Lolz....:d, Good luck trying to get your PS3 repaired if the Blue Ray laser diode dies in 2 or 3 years, (which it will, trust me. Those diodes do die whether XBOX 360 or PS3 or Wii). You will need to send your PS3 to Sony Service center & wait for many days, while if XBOX 360's Diode dies, simply take it to the service center & they will give u a new similar XBOX on the spot after you pay some cash difference. Your OLD XBOX 360 will go to factory for repair as XBOX 360 cannot be tempered or opened. The old XBOX will be opened in factory, will be refurbished & the good parts will be further used to repair other consoles which need those parts.

this things already discussed.... read all the posts.... haha... don't waste time.

gx_saurav said:
While Microsoft already released 380 games in this fiscal year.

Hummmm... I think yoy are talking abt PC games which run on windows.... always give ref. what you are saying......... Don't put ur figures.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
parimal_xp2003 said:
By the way..... wait for six months now or wait forever after six months... choice is yours... haha
Winner? Wait does being a Winner somehow increases the share rates of Sony 10 folds? Nope....then what does Winner means?

Again, you still have not told me, why you think PS3 is for the future. I can't read 7 pages plz.....tell me again :)

Wait forever after 6 months for what? Dude, get real. Game developers have not even tapped the full power of both the consoles. The quality of graphics in the end will be better in XBOX 360 then PS3 due to Limitations of the RSX GPU.....sam9 was right, i m banging my head. You don't even know what makes a PS3 better.

abe PS3 ka achchar dalunga kya, agar game hi nahi hai to play. It will take 1 year for Sony to Publish all those 380 games, so doesn't it makes sense to buy a PS3 after 1 year?

Hummmm... I think yoy are talking abt PC games which run on windows.... always give ref. what you are saying......... Don't put ur figures.

:sigh:, I had no idea it is so hard for you to understand that I was just mocking you by giving an example.

Anyway, good night.
What I have concluded is that those who are buying PS3 right now have lots of money & think that the games will be good in 3 4 years so they have a good buy in there hands. What they don't understand that the hardware won't even last without rapiars for 4 years.

Those who buy XBOX 360 just want to get a console & play games today.

Those who buy Wiii, just want to go home & time pass in a fun way.

gx_saurav said:
Wait forever after 6 months for what? Dude, get real. Game developers have not even tapped the full power of both the consoles. The quality of graphics in the end will be better in XBOX 360 then PS3 due to Limitations of the RSX GPU.....sam9 was right, i m banging my head. You don't even know what makes a PS3 better.

abe PS3 ka achchar dalunga kya, agar game hi nahi hai to play. It will take 1 year for Sony to Publish all those 380 games, so doesn't it makes sense to buy a PS3 after 1 year?

that i already told IF YOU DON'T AFFORD PS3, WAIT TILL AFFORD IT.
But don't waste ur money in XBOX...... haha... read all the posts

I am not telling sony will launch all 380 games exactly after 1 year......

Limitation of rxs GPU???????????????? haha wake up man.....stop dreaming.......... who told u this.... You are prejudice for XBOX...........

I THINK YOU GUYS TOO TOO FRUSTRATED... .......TAKE A REST AND FIND ANOTHER HEALTHY REASONS FOR XBOX.......

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
parimal_xp2003 said:
that i already told IF YOU DON'T AFFORD PS3, WAIT TILL AFFORD IT.
But don't waste ur money in XBOX...... haha... read all the posts
Waste? I am playing the games I want right now. I m watching the DVDs I want right now using XBOX 360. Where is it a waste?

Limitation of rxs GPU???????????????? haha wake up man.....stop dreaming.......... who told u this.... You are prejudice for XBOX...........
Would u like to talk about RSX & Xenon GPU boy :). Let me know, I can assure you I will pwn you within 2 hrs if it comes to this. Its an open Challenge for you, do come & compare Xenon Vs RSX. I have been urging for you to do this since my 1st post :D

Nah, just doing some timepass. While you sleep with your PS3, Drool over it & wait for the games to release in next few years, we XBOX 360 or Wii users are enjoying our weekends playing games.

Parimal, you still have not posted "What makes PS3 future proof?"

gx_saurav said:
Waste? I am playing the games I want right now. I m watching the DVDs I want right now using XBOX 360. Where is it a waste?

What when some exiting future titles hit the market only for ps3?????????
What when game developers jump to blue-ray.??????

Not don't tell me it won't happen................. Do u know 70% of holywood studios accepted blue-ray for their movies formatt.

gx_saurav said:
While you sleep with your PS3, Drool over it & wait for the games to release in next few years, we XBOX 360 or Wii users are enjoying our weekends playing games.

Who told u that there is no gaming title for PS3 these days..... haha....

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I think the current best looking game is on the Xbox 360. Gears of War is it?

And its not like the Xbox 360 has been used to its full potential. Both have a lot more juice in them though the PS3 will go farther than the Xbox 360 in the future (4 years is realistic). Its not like game developers creating cross platform games are going to make the PS3 games look any better....

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
parimal_xp2003 said:
What when some exiting future titles hit the market only for ps3?????????
Those days are gone boy. How long have you been playing games & keeping an eye on the industry? I have been doing this since u were in half pants. (Assuming u r a teenager which I evident from your posts).

Game developers do not stay exclusive to one platform now. PC is big daddy of the whole gaming industry & with XBOX 360 MS made it easy to port games between XBOX 360 & Windows Vista. Now, since by just making one game in XNA the developer can cater 2 markets, so obviously they will make multi platform games.

What when game developers jump to blue-ray.??????
Lolz...plz plz go & read about how a Game is made & packaged for a console. Yup Blu Ray provides more space, but when game developers jump to Blu Ray which is yet uncertain, we will see. Right now this is not the case so why waste money for a Blu Ray drive.

What if game developers jump to HD DVD

What if Game developers jump to HVD

What if Game developers jump to EVD :D

What if some existing game title releases for XBOX 360 only like Gears of War or Quake Wars.

Its not the game developer, its the publisher who makes the Disks.
They publish it in the format suitable for the game console whether in DVD or Blu Ray. Right now it is not sure whether game developers will jump to Blu Ray. What if they jump to HD DVD? cos for the game publishers making a blank HD DVD is cheaper then Blank Blue Ray. In that case by your logic your PS3 will be rendered useless.

On the other hand, we XBOX users again have a choice. Depending on the format which Microsoft decides to publish games in, we can either buy a HD DVD drive after 3 years when it is required or a Blu Ray Drive for XBOX when required. You don't have this choice, you are stuck with Blu Ray.

Oh! & just so tht u know, the price of hardware components comes down with time.

Who told u that there is no gaming title for PS3 these days..... haha....
Your logical ability amuses me. I clearly meant "Not enough games for PS3" but as I can see, it is very hard for you to understand simple logical terms.

I think the current best looking game is on the Xbox 360. Gears of War is it?
You have not seen Lost Planet, have u :D

Both have a lot more juice in them though the PS3 will go farther than the Xbox 360 in the future (4 years is realistic).
Questionable. If you are talking about graphical capabilities then nope, Xenon is way better then RSX. With Xenon you get Free Anti-allising due to 10 MB EDRAM, this does all the work at no performance hit.

If you are talking about the CPU then yup, Cell will beat the hell out of XBOX PPC CPU. However, I doubt cell was required for PS3, even a smaller cell CPU with 4 cores would have been enough cos game developers always develop & optimise the games to 120% for consoles cos the hardware configuration of console doesn't changes.

parimal, still the question remains. "What makes PS3 future proof?". You still have not told me

Last edited:
Here I am doing comparison by comparing the images.
The upper image is of PS3 while lower is of Xbox. I really don’t like to compare console by this way but some people have created doubt about graphics power of RXS of Sony. It is for them.

Comparison 1: *s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/parimal_xp2003/?action=view&current=1.jpg
In first image look those trees behind the car. Xbox couldn't handle the lighting effect as it fades across the trees but PS3 balanced it and produced sharper texture.

Comparison 2: *s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/parimal_xp2003/?action=view&current=2.jpg
In second image same problem with Xbox, couldn't handle lighting effect properly. The Xbox image looks much brighter but use-less.

Comparison 3: *s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/parimal_xp2003/?action=view&current=3.jpg
In third image look at the car. PS3 has better graphic. The focus of head lamp looks much real in PS3. Trees are looks far better than Xbox.

Comparison 4: *s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/parimal_xp2003/?action=view&current=4.jpg
In fourth image the mirror image in Xbox image looks like artificially created-Over brightness. It seems much real in PS3 image. Look at the green building. No need to say anything.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...which game is it? Is it properly ported? i wonder, if the developer used the same code (which he can't cos they are different platforms)

Yes, there is difference. It is dependent on how the developer has implemented it not the fault of XBOX. Wait, do u think porting games between XBOX & PS3 means a simple recompile :D

Top Bottom