Xbox 360 Controller for PC Racing games ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Now just sit back and wait. They will either deliver it within 2-3 days or it could take as long as 2 weeks.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
What is the advantage of the XBOX PC controller, vs. the normal USB plug and play PC controllers we get at most shops...? I have one of those local ones, I use for SF4.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What is the advantage of the XBOX PC controller, vs. the normal USB plug and play PC controllers we get at most shops...? I have one of those local ones, I use for SF4.

1. longer life
2. better sensitivty
3. supports most PC games

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Also.. better build quality.

Plug and play even on linux distros likes Ubuntu. I tried couple of games, TombRaider Anniversary and EA Cricket 07 in Ubuntu, using wine. I was really startled by the gamepad support. This might even work with other gamepads. But I never tried.

Also, not all games support rumble function with a normal controller. Like DMC4. Only Xbox 360 controller had rumble support.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Got the package but not so good in condition. Controller is fine though and it's a black controller :D Will have to check it. Burnout Paradise supports the controller config ? Any other game ?

Thanks a lot Ethan :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Got the package but not so good in condition. Controller is fine though and it's a black controller :D Will have to check it. Burnout Paradise supports the controller config ? Any other game ?

you need not worry about game support. just install the drivers and you are good to go. I have played numerous games using the controller without any problem.

tkin

Back to school!!
Comfort, pure comfort and also better sensitivity, much better response and also the analog sticks are positioned just perfectly.

Every game released for windows require to support the controller, so all games will work, really old games won't as xinput.dll is not supported by them

And for your main question, its more comfortable when playing racing games, when I played NFSHP with kb I got a ache in my hand after 2 hours, playing with controller means none, also hack and slash games like DMC4 becomes easier with this, I just performed some combos in DMC4 that I could never pull off with KB, now it also works for SF4.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
you need not worry about game support. just install the drivers and you are good to go. I have played numerous games using the controller without any problem.

No need to install drivers in win 7. Amirite ?

I just have a question, I got this color combination controller:

*dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msstore/images/en-US_Xbox360_Wrlss_Controller_Blk_NSF-00001_545x273.jpg

and another color scheme, I didn't get this one. What is the difference ?
*dri2.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msstore/images/en-US_Xbox360_Wrlss_Common_Controller_Blk_JR9-00006_545x273.jpg

tkin

Back to school!!
No need to install drivers in win 7. Amirite ?

I just have a question, I got this color combination controller:

*dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msstore/images/en-US_Xbox360_Wrlss_Controller_Blk_NSF-00001_545x273.jpg

and another color scheme, I didn't get this one. What is the difference ?
*dri2.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msstore/images/en-US_Xbox360_Wrlss_Common_Controller_Blk_JR9-00006_545x273.jpg
First one is for PC, second one is for X360, although both are compatible with both platforms but x360 controller for x360 is a bit pricier and carries 1 year warranty, x360 controller for pc is a little cheaper and carries 90 days warranty, so basically its cheaper due to less warranty, build quality and features are same, only difference is packaging and price.

gameranand

Living to Play
Faun said:
Got the package but not so good in condition. Controller is fine though and it's a black controller Will have to check it. Burnout Paradise supports the controller config ? Any other game ?
You just have to install the drivers. Most games I mean any game I have played automatically detects Xbox Controller and set up the default controls itself. You don't have to worry about that. Yes burnout support controller config and so does most games you can manually configure and button as you please and also the intensity of vibration and feedback.:)

Congrats on the purchase though. :)

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^cool. Now I seriously need to try hack n slash games :)

@tkin
I don't think the color variations are indicative of the console version or pc version.

Here is what I found, mine is Black S version:
Black S controllers are bundled with Xbox 360 S consoles. These differ from previous controllers (and the original black version specifically) in that they are completely black, rather than two-tone black and grey. The guide button has a mirror like finish, and the analog sticks and D-pad are black. The bottom edge of this controller also features a gloss black finish to match the Xbox 360 S 250 GB case design.

gameranand

Living to Play
Faun said:
Now I seriously need to try hack n slash games
Yup thats where the real fun is with controller. Start with DMC 4. It would be so much fun with controller. Button mashing and all that play it again even if have played it before.:)

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I had that game before but was frustrated by the keyboard button smashing (sore fingers). Gotta get the game again.

I am planning for Darksiders too.

gameranand

Living to Play
Faun said:
I had that game before but was frustrated by the keyboard button smashing (sore fingers). Gotta get the game again.

I am planning for Darksiders too.
Yeah I had similar experience with that. Yes Darksiders would be great too. I mean pick up any Hack n Slash game which is a good game and you'll enjoy it with controller its that simple. Also Platformer games are good on controller too like POP, AC series, and all that. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Congrats on getting the black controller man. I'm thinking about ordering one myself, but will just wait till my existing one conks out. :grin:

I play almost all my current games using the controller now. Have turned into a complete console turd. Any-hoo, hack-en-slash genre is the one you should be aiming for testing this baby out. If you haven't played Assassin's Creed series, then this would be an excellent time to start. Also Alice: Madness Returns works like a charm using this controller. So go for it.

Top Bottom