X360 to get divx support

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
now this totally rox ... gr8 going MS (this signals that windows might also get it in vienna)

Coming to you December 4 will be an updated Xbox 360 Dashboard that will play your downloaded videos

The new Dashboard update will bring with it an “Inside Xbox” news feed from Xbox.com, where gamers can read about game releases, events, and Xbox LIVE Marketplace offers.

Microsoft boasts that its Xbox Live is "the largest social network in the living room." Expanding on that notion, the Fall Update will add the ability for users to view the Friends Lists of other Xbox Live members, which the company believes will boost the social networking experience on the service. While not mentioned by Microsoft in its press materials, it’s believed that the viewing of external friends lists will be limited by age.

Another new feature building on the social network aspect is an enhanced online profile, where members can share a few more details about themselves in an expanded bio that can be visible to "Friends Only" or the entire Xbox Live community.

Navigation throughout Xbox 360’s various features will also be upgraded with the addition of new "Game Store" and "Video Store" buttons, which will presumably take users to downloadable content on Xbox Live Marketplace. Those interested in purchasing video material will also find enhanced visuals and descriptions in the video library to help in making buying or renting decisions.

Perhaps the biggest video-related addition in the Fall Update is MPEG-4 Part 2 video codec support, most popularly implemented in DivX and Xvid videos. Videos packaged in an AVI container encoded in either simple profile or advanced simple profile should play in their full glory on the Xbox 360. The inclusion of MPEG-4 Part 2 video support was a feature hinted at by DivX Inc. CEO Kevin Hell earlier this month, though its implementation will arrive sooner than most expected. DivX support will soon be added to the PlayStation 3.

Source

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Now this is what I say "Customat Care". MS knows that they have a very powerful hardware in form of XBOX 360 so it makes sence to give features as software updates.

DivX/xVid is teh sh!t....yipeeeeee

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I'm already watchin VC-1 HDDVD Version of Transformers on my 360 :p

Although divx will help a lot , but most HD movies r available in VC-1 which plays flawlessly on the 360 .

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Why are you shouting iMav?

PS3 already has DivX support and it's gettin certified currently. This is an update just to keep the XBOX in track with the PS3.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Cyrus_the_virus said:
Why are you shouting iMav?

PS3 already has DivX support and it's gettin certified currently. This is an update just to keep the XBOX in track with the PS3.
lol:D is anything better than PS3 ?:D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
me shouting :? just highlighted the main - i know forum ethics but u gotta use common sense at times also ;) and please read the article it has reference to the PS3's support for divx ;)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
T159 said:
lol:D is anything better than PS3 ?:D
Yup the Xbox 360 .

Now don't blab about u being able to run Ubuntu on PS3 n stuff .

Both are gaming machines and in this , the 360 beats the hell outta PS3 .

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Yup the Xbox 360 .

Are you still in 2006 by any chance? :rolleyes:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Yup the Xbox 360 .

lol..i dont brag abt things.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
it's like I got a Fiat Punto and I know Ferrari beats the hell out of it in every department but I'll still say Punto is better(with the new turbo engine upgrade and blah...) cos I got a Punto.not to apt analogy but still conveys the meaning.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ dude that was the crappiest comparison ever made :lol: a punto is play stn 1 when compared to the ps3 not the 360 .... ps3 has been declared a failure on numerous occasions by almost every review where as the 360 has pipped the ps3 every where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom