WTF!! Too Much SPAM in Digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
WTF!!! Too Much SPAM in Digit :mad:

I am not sure whether these SPAMS are from SPAM BOTS or From Real Humans who just register here to SPAM, Get Banned and Re-Register Again and Again. I haven't seen any other popular technology forums dealing with so many SPAM messages on a daily basis. :mad:

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/18/digitstechnologydiscuss.th.png

This forum is like home and from Morning to Night I try my best to Report such SPAM threads (Ask any Moderator), but the number is increasing Day by Day. :mad: This is also very frustrating Task for Moderators too.

Digit being India's Best Tech Magazine Why you are not employing SPAM Fighting Forum Plugins, Blocking Bots Via htaccess and robots.txt? This is really ridiculous :mad: Don't you earn some bucks using Google Adsense and other Advertisements featured right here in this forum? Why so neglecting attitude towards this forum.

All Forum is Buggy and too much SPAM. Why don't you listen? and employ best measures to correct the problems??? :cry::cry::cry:

moshel

Padawan
well spam is always gonna be there, nothing u can do about it...

I agree with you saying that DIGIT has neglected the forums...I believe if the people at DIGIT apply their minds they can earn much more from these forums compared to these irritating google adsense advertisements...one such example is CNet...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
So true ! All this Spam simply intrudes in the forum reading and posting flow.

I used to report the Spam daily whenever i notices it,however i dont think it is helping a lot.

Something needs to be done real quick before this forum is flooded with everything one can throw at.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
So true ! All this Spam simply intrudes in the forum reading and posting flow.
True. These days I report more spam posts than I post replies!

I used to report the Spam daily whenever i notices it,however i dont think it is helping a lot.
I don't agree. All the posts I've ever reported are taken care of by themods.

Something needs to be done real quick before this forum is flooded with everything one can throw at.
Admins.. wake up and smell the spam. Its ruining this forum!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
How about just fixing the spam filters instead. Not to mention that I noticed the reporting time went from 120 seconds to 180 seconds? At the current rate of spam just to report all the spam here its taking me a good hour or more.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
i think the search limit is to use less bandwidth it didn't get any of that info last night when no one is around and the s[am filter plugins could be installed ages ago when raaabo took down the site many times to just update the vbulletin version
It most likely is. but how about keeping it at 120 seconds then :/ . Not to mention installing the Spam filters shouldn't be hard as far as I have heard I guess they just have to get around doing it.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Even mods can't do anything to prevent spam, I remember Kalpik saying that "Delete as spam" feature is still broken . So poor they, we can't blame mods also.

This forum is seriously heading towards CHAOS. I think digit needs new servers with a clean reinstall of forum software and then an import of mods, users, admins, etc from this install.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If fixing spam filters is taking this much time , then would you like to guess the amount of time the forum would be closed down to do the above?

^^Well, they can temporarily move the current forum to a new URL, perhaps *www.thinkdigit.com/forums. Then update stuff in new forum then close old forum. Perhaps the old forum can be made read-only till its updated. I guess that shouldn't hurt much.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Heh.. Sure.. Like THAT's gonna happen :p

Anyway, just deleted a shitload of spam.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
*img123.imageshack.us/img123/497/82296776.th.png

And some people think our job is easy :p

Flake

Linux User
I have sent a PM to Raaabo regarding SPAM Control plug-in a few days back but haven't received any reply yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom