WTF : Airtel adds its advertising before the hello tune !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I don't know whether its because of some idiot in the company taking bad decision or Airtel been pushed to do things like this. But surely , the company has taken a path which is sure to raise question and annoy people in new , improved , different manner.
Airtel today has added its hello tune Advertising before each Hello Tune Song the user paid so that when his friends , relative call him they can hear the song while they wait for the call to be attended.

The Advertising which last about 7 seconds , is a serious issue as , Airtel is using people`s money to use their advertising. A normal person would pick a phone/call within 10-15 seconds and what is the purpose of one keeping the HelloTune when almost half of the time is purely advertisement from the company.

We had the same issue with BSNL , but its time we stand united and show these greedy Corporates that their plan of using our money to advertise their product is not going any further.

For full article and hear a RECORDED SAMPLE please follow this link

*urssiva.com/2009/09/05/airtel-wth-are-you-thinking/

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yeah. it's true. I just changed the caller tune to QGM walkie talkie one and the advertising is so long that callers never get to hear the actual caller tune.

am gonna call airtel tomorrow if this stays. it's like I am paying airtel for their advertisment on my number.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
exactly ..

my frineds who were on BSNL had the same issue when most of the time we cant hear thoer HT. to top it of , thier ads are much longer. Atleast Airtel is faster in the length.

i will call the CC and talk to him tom or monday

p_dude

Broken In
gotta love our indian isp's

hey do you know that airtel holds fifth place among the most profitably companies in india?

*www.stockadv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/top-25-companies-in-slowdown.jpg

isp with a most profit per year in india.

vaithy

In the zone
exactly ..

my frineds who were on BSNL had the same issue when most of the time we cant hear thoer HT. to top it of , thier ads are much longer. Atleast Airtel is faster in the length.

i will call the CC and talk to him tom or monday

Naveen,
this is a serious matter.. Are You from Chennai.? if So can you convince your friend to give written complaint to
G.M (cellone), BSNL ,R.K. Nager Exchange
Mandaveli-
chennai-28

Thanks you,
vaithy

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i am from Salem , Tamil Nadu , but have friends in chennai

guys please use this thread *broadbandforum.in/airtel-mobile/51753-airtel-adds-its-advertising-before-hello-tune/

as Admin of that forum is the one who stood up against AIRTEL`s FAIR USUAGE POLICY and now he has told me that if response is good , he might work on this issue too.

@ vaithy , where are you from ?

i will contact CC on monday and tell them politely .

We will aslo try to email them and get thier response.

vaithy

In the zone
I am from Chennai..
I am not concerned with PVT players.. Because their motive is profit..But public company like BSNL should follow GoVT guidelines in this matter..BSNL tunes is outsourced to the CONTRACTOR.. portion of income is given to them as commission..If they are advertising or any other manner to irritated the customers, during their services, they have to liable for contract violation.. So a public complaint in this matter may help to correct the situation..
T.N customers may forward the complaint to
Chief .G.M (T.N. Circle)
BSNL
Anna Road,
Chennai-60002

Alternatively, users may sent the complaint to
cmdbsnl@bsnl.co.in
in case the advertisement is pan national phenomenon..
with regards,
vaithy

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
*pgportal.gov.in/index.html

use this link . its the latest online site for registering griefs. its said prompt action would be taken.

for more info *www.megaleecher.net/Government_Of_India_Public_Grievance_Redress_Mechanism

INS-ANI

In the zone
I was expecting this for quite a while.

Actually i blv this is good. but the model airtel has implemented is not good.

The traditional caller tune was developed by a mobile content firm One Mobile.
If you wanna blame anybody.. blame this firm.
Caller tune was developed by OM and is now licensed to almost all indian and many foreign service providers. practically.. all indian service providers are addicted to it.

The advertising model is OM's biggest caller tune gamble... the plan is to have a caller tune which plays advertisement instead of song.

The Business model states to profile users and play add caller tunes accordingly.

Now the best part
The business plan also calls for giving users some freebies for allowing the service provider to play the add caller tune.

So Relax, Airtle is probably just testing the new service it licensed from One Mobile.
IF you have to blame someone.. blame Arvind rao, CEO One Mobile.

(Psst: u can find a nice article regarding the same on forbes india's aug edition, Page 80 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom