WTF : Airtel adds its advertising before the hello tune !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
I was expecting this for quite a while.

Actually i blv this is good. but the model airtel has implemented is not good.

The traditional caller tune was developed by a mobile content firm One Mobile.
If you wanna blame anybody.. blame this firm.
Caller tune was developed by OM and is now licensed to almost all indian and many foreign service providers. practically.. all indian service providers are addicted to it.

The advertising model is OM's biggest caller tune gamble... the plan is to have a caller tune which plays advertisement instead of song.

The Business model states to profile users and play add caller tunes accordingly.

Now the best part
The business plan also calls for giving users some freebies for allowing the service provider to play the add caller tune.

So Relax, Airtle is probably just testing the new service it licensed from One Mobile.
IF you have to blame someone.. blame Arvind rao, CEO One Mobile.

(Psst: u can find a nice article regarding the same on forbes india's aug edition, Page 80 )

It's not the kind of Ads that you are talking about here that is the problem, it's the implementation of asking user's to press star if they want to copy the dialer tone. This is not something new, it has been there on the idea network for over 2 years now. It has just started on the airtel network, as soon as I figured that it was there on my caller tune, I just stopped the caller tune service.

If airtel plays this message about copying caller tune before my phone starts ringing, then I have no problem with it, but if these $h1t heads think they can use part of my caller tune time to advertise their campaign, then they can just take the caller tune service, rub it sideways and $hove it up the wrong place. :p

I will not let a corporation take advantage of my money although they are making millions in profit already, greedy ba$tard$.:-x

PS: I apologize at the outburst of possible profanity towards the end and people here should already know that this is not how I am all the time or that I am not pointing this to anyone on the forum, hence, i would request the mods to have this under consideration if they do think about this.

Moral of the Story: If you want to play your advert, play it on your network and not on my airtime!!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
It's not the kind of Ads that you are talking about here that is the problem, it's the implementation of asking user's to press star if they want to copy the dialer tone. This is not something new, it has been there on the idea network for over 2 years now. It has just started on the airtel network, as soon as I figured that it was there on my caller tune, I just stopped the caller tune service.

If airtel plays this message about copying caller tune before my phone starts ringing, then I have no problem with it, but if these $h1t heads think they can use part of my caller tune time to advertise their campaign, then they can just take the caller tune service, rub it sideways and $hove it up the wrong place. :p

I will not let a corporation take advantage of my money although they are making millions in profit already, greedy ba$tard$.:-x

PS: I apologize at the outburst of possible profanity towards the end and people here should already know that this is not how I am all the time or that I am not pointing this to anyone on the forum, hence, i would request the mods to have this under consideration if they do think about this.

Moral of the Story: If you want to play your advert, play it on your network and not on my airtime!!

I would blast more than you cyrus... dont feel lonely... we all with you..

none is of usl ike those greedy D!ck H3@ds ..

anyway , here is my proof that i disabled the hello tune ..

*i34.tinypic.com/2v9qi4o.jpg

anyone with me ?

Krow

Crowman
^One step ahead... Never activated it in the first place as:

A). Greedy corps charge us insane rates for calling and if you take the cheaper sms plan, then you lose your cheaper call plan.

B). Add to that the 30 or so bucks a month they want us to pay for a damn song which is of practically no use to us or anyone calling.

C). To activate the CT, we have to call/sms, which we are charged.

D). To deactivate too, we gotta send an sms and i am willing to bet that weget charged for that sms too.

Verdict: CT's suck! I wont succumb to this B$ marketing profit making gimmick of the greedy corps!!! :-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i had it activated for 4 years now.. had it long back when it was a popular and had it continued coz those a$$ holes keep on giving some sh!t offers...

anyway i dont have to spend 30 bucks

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I just tried Hello Tune when I got it for free for some two months. I never understood the logic behind hello tune. Do callers seriously require to listen to the crappy low quality caller tune when they can listen to them on their mp3 players/ mobile phones etc. Instead I can save the 30 bucks every month & treat myself to some good food.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Haven't activated CT till date. I personally find them irritating. But I am thinking of having a caller tune which says "Apne dial kiya hua number coverage kshetra ke bahar hai". Do you get such CTs? I am getting too many unwanted calls.

Krow

Crowman
^Lol.... Airtel gives one facility where you can record your own tunes and have them as caller tune. But the whole point of this thread is that your coverage kshetra ke baahar hai might just be preceded by a, "Is caller tune ko apni caller tune banane ke liye star dabayein!" :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Yeh...thats what I feared actually. But it could be either way. A person gets to listen to whole dumb ad and then he gets his coverage kshetra gift! Thats more frustration.

Sounds fun but I think I'll stick to simple tring tring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom