Write on multiple Cds

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys,
well I have a *.iso file which is a bootable and is 2 GB...Can u tell me how can I burn it on to Multiple cds....Any software??Which will say while burning insert disc 2 etc..and also tell me if it is not possible in a bootable ......I have the same question for non-bootable cds
Pls guys be fast,

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
depends on what kind of data is there on the img (2gb means a DVD img)

u can extract the data frm the iso file by mounting it in nero imagedrive.. then exract the bootimage using one of the many utils available.

then start nero and make the first cd and select a cd's worth of files and select the bootable CD option n load the bootimage u extracted and burn it. now create the other CDs to..

but again proper working of the setup/installation/data on the img is a big questionmark.

Kniwor

Learner
u cant do that... winrar wont help so sont waste ur time....

u can use magic iso to keep it bootable and reduce size and put rest of contents in other cd´s

but what data are we looking at...
just burn the thing in a dvd...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
QwertyManiac said:
Use WinRAR, rar the ISO file, split it and burn to CD directly from it.
How can bootable disc be detected if burned in Rar format? They need raw files copied to the Disc on the fly to get recognised as bootable disc.

Coming to the original question,I think its best to Mount the ISO files via Daemon tools and make a DVD Copy from Nero.Is this by any chance a Linux distro Disc? Anyways if you ought to make a bootable disc then you'll definetly need the Disc to Disc copying manner i.e. if the file avaiable is at one single stretch and not in split disc form.

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
From where can magic ISO be downloaded?
Is there any other software??
The main problem is that I don't have DvD writter......I have a Combo drive...

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
first of all man tell what kind of data is there on the img...
and do u want the resulting cds to work nicely or just u want to transfer the data while keeping it bootable??? cause if u just want to transfer the data then do whatever rip it, rar it ,zip it, nero it..
but if it is a installation of a game/os/software then u have to go pro and find and edit the setup config.. which is not an easy task at all..
u can do another thing.. if it is a game/soft/os.. go online search for the same software/game/os on the net in cds form and then download the setup files (only the configs, which will be hard to find and apply) or download the whole 1st cd and see the structure of the other cds then make the other cds by exteracting the data from ur image and organising and burning it acording to the directory listing of the online cds...

finally... u have to specify what kind of data is there in the disk and provice with a directry listing to us.. then if it is worth the effort we can try an dgive u the solution..

I think this an interesting problem....

kool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom