[Windows XP] FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

lokesh_45

Right off the assembly line
Re: MUST READ: FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

Please help of for software

i have one jpg(actually the word doc is coverted to jpg format.

I want software to reconvert jpg format to word document. Please help me..

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

simple.. from folder options.. select view tab and uncheck "Hide Extensions of known file types" you can see your .JPG extension at the end of that file. Right click the file and select rename and rename the .jpg to .doc . It is that simple. No need to for any software.

a_medico

Chillum Baba

Please help of for software

i have one jpg(actually the word doc is coverted to jpg format.

I want software to reconvert jpg format to word document. Please help me..

Or maybe he needs to extract the text from the jpg file. OCR software is the solution.

Following softwares :-

Omnipage (Best according to me)
Readiris Pro
Abbyy Finereader

And there are many free ones too. Just google for free OCR softwares.

vat35

my computer suddenly restarts and shows that it has a recoverd from a serious error and the details are
error signature

BCCode : e3 BCP1 : 84902D90 BCP2 : 83CA0440 BCP3 : 84A96E78
BCP4 : 00000003 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

files included in error

D:\DOCUME~1\Ashok\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc324.dir00\Mini092809-01.dmp
D:\DOCUME~1\Ashok\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc324.dir00\sysdata.xml

please helpme out with this

atanudey1977

Problem With MS Word 2007 (reply me soon)

i just create a file with text and photo and i save that file and close MS word. after that when i re open the file with MS Word 2007. it shows MS word is unable to open file more than 512MB.

actual size of file made 525MB.

My problem is ms word 2007 refuses to open more than file size 512mb. how can i open this file.

reply me as soon as possible.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Re: Problem With MS Word 2007 (reply me soon)

i just create a file with text and photo and i save that file and close MS word. after that when i re open the file with MS Word 2007. it shows MS word is unable to open file more than 512MB.

actual size of file made 525MB.

My problem is ms word 2007 refuses to open more than file size 512mb. how can i open this file.

reply me as soon as possible.
Good very good...
U needed a 512MB word doc???!!!!:shock:

Well this is what I found on net...

Assuming it is a Word 2007 file, save a copy of the file and rename the
..docx to .zip. You can try going in and deleting some of the photos or lower
the resolution. I am also assuming you have a lot of huge photos in there.
Source: *www.howtofixcomputers.com/forums/microsoft-office/word-can-not-open-file-259531.html

Try these links too:
LINK1
LINK2

Krow

Crowman

WTH? :shock: Is that even possible? I am assuming it took you some patience to make that doc.

khan20

hi i m new to this forum so can any body give me this software pls
WML Editor 3.2 Pls Need it urgently sorry if posted in wrong thread but mods u must also keep a Sticky request thread sorry if said anything wrong.

Krow

Crowman

If you want it in the Digit DVD, go here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1190566#post1190566

If you want to download (assuming it is free), do a google search and find it. If you want a crack or something similarly illegal, then I'm sorry, but this is not the right place to ask. It becomes against forum rules.

animishprime

since i couldn't post anywhere else my problem,i am posting it here.
*www.4shared.com/file/169498018/d49c49fc/01122009653.html
this msg alongwith BSOD is coming everytime i shutdown my pc.i am using xp.
and also i cant hibernate it perfectly .everytime after using pc for sometime,i have to restart it and then only it hibernates.

Last edited:

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."

hello everyone urgent help required!!...i am facing an issue hope u or anyone here can help me..!!
i used to record me fav songs from streaming audio on the internet...but i am simply not able to do it now:neutral:...i used jetaudio to record the audio...but i also tried the windows default sound recorder and many other softwares...but i don't seem to get anywhere...!!!:???:
HELP NEEDED GUYS...!!!

Last edited:

keepguessing

okie. . dese are the problems 'm facing right now. .

1)windows 7 is lost coz i had to re-install XP. . (solution found. . )
2)'m using a Intel D945gcnl motherboard. . so after re-installing my XP i tried installing the drivers form the CD provided by the motherboard n also tried installing form the latest drivers downloaded form the net. . but thn th LAN and the sound drivers jus refuse to install. .

well. . the lan drivers do install but they never work. . so i had to plugin my modem via a USB cable . . so LAN issue is sorted(kinda)

so the problem now 'm facing is. . the sound drivers. . how do i install them. ..?? 0.0!!

plz help me!!! :'(

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

2)'m using a Intel D945gcnl motherboard. . so after re-installing my XP i tried installing the drivers form the CD provided by the motherboard n also tried installing form the latest drivers downloaded form the net. . but thn th LAN and the sound drivers jus refuse to install. .

well. . the lan drivers do install but they never work. . so i had to plugin my modem via a USB cable . . so LAN issue is sorted(kinda)

so the problem now 'm facing is. . the sound drivers. . how do i install them. ..?? 0.0!!

pranav.seth

Journeyman

hi , i am new to thinkdigit.co so if i make any mistake plz forgive me. i have a sony vaio laptop model no. (vgn-nr310e)
installed with windows vista home premium. today after installing the drivers provided with my webcam (iball webcam C12.0) , i restarted my pc and it said "\windows\system32\config\system is corrupt or missing please insert the operating system cd and reboot" i got the laptop as a gift and don't have the os cd. PLZ HELP MEE!!!!!!!!!!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Ok insert the DVD and reboot and repair. After that boot into Safe Mode and uninstall the drivers.

aaronlivera

Broken In

pls can u tell me where can i get the software mobiclip for nokia n93 music edition

i had a movie gostrider which was pre loaded in it and it had an extention called gostrider.mo.... i with out knowning uninstalled the software mobiclip(its a separate player for that movie) which was also preloaded!!

please can some one tell me wer i can get this software!!!!

pls can u tell me where can i get the software mobiclip for nokia n93 music edition

i had a movie gostrider which was pre loaded in it and it had an extention called gostrider.mo.... i with out knowning uninstalled the software mobiclip(its a separate player for that movie) which was also preloaded!!

please can some one tell me wer i can get this software!!!!

You can see here for download link

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

well , you can get windows 7 back easily .
1.Insert Win 7 installation DVD and boot from DVD drive. While in some older systems you may have to change boot order through system BIOS, most newer systems allow booting from DVD without changing boot order by simply clicking on any key when prompted to doing so.

2. Choose your default "Language", "Time", and "keyboard Input" on the first window and click next.
You’re now presented with 3 choices. Click on "Repair Your Computer" to gain access to the System Recovery window.

Now choose "Command Prompt" in order to run the desired utility which is called "bootsect.exe". Bootsect is located inside the boot folder so change your directory to boot.
Now run
"bootrec.exe /nt60 C:\" (replace C:\ by the drive letter in which your windows 7 was installed).
After that, type
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

4. Restart your computer and your computer will surely run fine.
For details see this page

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

since i couldn't post anywhere else my problem,i am posting it here.
*www.4shared.com/file/169498018/d49c49fc/01122009653.html
this msg alongwith BSOD is coming everytime i shutdown my pc.i am using xp.
and also i cant hibernate it perfectly .everytime after using pc for sometime,i have to restart it and then only it hibernates.

1)Stop 0xA messages encountered when performing an upgrade to Windows XP
OR
Stop 0xA message encountered after installing a driver, service, or firmware.
OR
Stop 0xA messages can also be the sign of failing hardware.

Stop 0×0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”

Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high.The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0×0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

>>One solution in these cases is to remove non required device drivers and system services (such as virus scanners) prior to running setup. Once you have successfully upgraded to Windows XP, obtain and install new Windows XP compatible drivers for your computers related hardware.

>>To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS

Restart your computer.
Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.
Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

>>To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool

-Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
-Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
-Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner’s manual for your computer.
-Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.
-If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.
-For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.

If nothing works :-

Try repairing you windows xp using the follwoing steps !
1)Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft

2)Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3)Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. Do Not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, Do Not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".

4)Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5)Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6)Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Last edited:

Adam Cruge

Broken In

I am using Windows XP SP3 on my desktop computer. It has good configuration. 250 HD Intel Core 2 Duo MB and 2 GB DDR2 RAM. It used to run very fast and perfectly as well.
But for the last few weeks it started to work unexpectadly. Sounds skipping, startup too slow, and getting hanged frequently.
So I thought it might be a virus issue. And did scan my computer with my BD Total Security 2010 and found no virus. Then decided to format the computer and installed nothing except Avast antivirus.
Two days later same problem started. Avast boot scan showed no warning at all. I don't know what is happening. When my previous harddisk was installed same problem occured and now it has been a few months when I installed a new hard disk.
My Hijackthis log as follows. Please suggest me how to fix my computer.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 12:25:19, on 03/06/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel Audio Studio\IntelAudioStudio.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\JetAudio\jetAudio.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Home\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelAudioStudio] "C:\Program Files\Intel Audio Studio\IntelAudioStudio.exe" TRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - *update.microsoft.com/microsof...?1274975738890
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - *update.microsoft.com/microsof...?1274975628640
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F0CDA146-28AE-491D-AEB1-EDAE1C97BCCE}: NameServer = 218.248.255.162 218.248.255.163
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
--
End of file - 5135 bytes

Top Bottom