Windows Live presents : @vista.aero mail id

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
offtopic

Just tried @aim.com (aol id) and it support pop / smtp too.

But yes, as iMav said, got a small name id @vista.aero

ok, one more dummy qn ..

.aero = aviation-related businesses TLD ?

or MS created this for Vista Aero popularity ?

More confused (being a dummy in these)

Vista.Aero is a domain name ?

It gives the following info

Registrant Name - Robin van Sambeek
Registrant Organization - Emirates Airlines - Flight Operations

OR MS bought that domain and giving free email ids ?

Someone please clarify ...

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its a domain name bought by some1 and he has allowed public use of the same

MS, google, yahoo all aloow web site owners to make their own domain mail ids for users so this guy used his head and made vista.aero as a domain name and then used the hotmail facility of domain email ids and as a result what u have is username@vista.aero

Please note that is service is not 'owned' but only uses live mail servers and facilities ...

here is a quote from the domain email facility which all of u must know ...
Domain Owner's agreement

vista.aero is an organization that provides e-mail addresses powered by Windows Live Mail. Although you are a Windows Live customer, vista.aero, as the domain owner, controls your e-mail address. vista.aero may decide to discontinue your e-mail service at any time and you will lose your e-mail address and the contents of your e-mail account. We have asked them to notify us before they discontinue your e-mail service. When they notify us, we will try to contact you so you can save your e-mails. We will also provide you instructions on how to choose a new e-mail address.

din

Tribal Boy
OK, so it has nothing to do with (directly) MS / Windows rt ?

The site just use the hotmail facility of domain email id ?

This is also a 'hit' trick ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ egg jactly ... only powered by live (servers and services) but owned by some 1 else

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Hell Yeah! I like vista.aero becoz this is the first domain where I could register myself as me (i.e My name). On all other sites my name is already taken :(

This is the first M$ product I am happy with.:p:D

Thanks anandk and imav.

PS: The vista.aero appears after a minute or two as other guys said and works with Firefox.

Last edited:

cyberscriber

-- .- -. ..
Little info about this domain name:
vista.aero is not microsoft's own domain.
A private website called bink.nu uses microsoft's domain services to provide this service. Anyone who has a domain name can use live domains services to provide email address ( which is just like hotmail and can also be used in messenger ).
The owner of bink.nu has full rights to delete your email address or force you to change your username anytime.
Or all addresses can get deleted if the domain ownership changes.

So, dont use them as your primary email address.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
shantanu said:
you can also get a @microsoft.com just you have to contact the webmaster for that :D

try this : *domains.live.com/members/signup.aspx?domain=microsoft.com

:D
where shantanu, where do i contact the webmaster ? cudnt find the link...

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Cool G5 said:
Thanks.
The link doen't support opera.

You can make opera look like IE or Firefox to a site if it works with only a specific browser.
SEE *www.opera.com/support/search/view/843/

anandk said:
Click *signup.live.com to sign-up !!!

get ur ".....@vista.aero" mail id with 2gb space ! This can also be your primary Windows Live Messenger ID!

Read this:

Domain Owner's agreement

vista.aero is an organization that provides e-mail addresses powered by Windows Live Mail. Although you are a Windows Live customer, vista.aero, as the domain owner, controls your e-mail address. vista.aero may decide to discontinue your e-mail service at any time and you will lose your e-mail address and the contents of your e-mail account. We have asked them to notify us before they discontinue your e-mail service. When they notify us, we will try to contact you so you can save your e-mails. We will also provide you instructions on how to choose a new e-mail address.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
yup iv already posted that notice ...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=569839&postcount=46

din

Tribal Boy
@prateek_san

Signup link

*domains.live.com/members/signup.aspx?domain=vista.aero

Wait till the page loads fully, else you will see only hotmail.com in the dropdown.

If you are planning to make this your primary id, think again. This has nothing to do with MS or Hotmail and if the owner of the site (who is no way related to MS / Hotmail) decide, he can disable / delete everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom