Windows Home Server DVD For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Trial/Evaluation period is now a term so distant in my dictionary.

Good to know world is changing (albeit slowly) and following the old ways. The free way.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
^^^ the bloody microsoft way to get money ..... :D

*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/39large.png

Trial/Evaluation period is now a term so distant in my dictionary.

Good to know world is changing (albeit slowly) and following the old ways. The free way.

Yes truly free. By the way, coming back to the topic, wouldn't we be able to do the same things that windows home server does using SAMBA client and server, and simple shell scripts to map network drives when they become available?? Could run it on an old Celeron machine too. I do not know what network protocol XBox uses but if it's equivalent to smb or http then setting up a "Linux Home Server" shouldn't be a problem. Am planning to start working on one actually, just doing a little research. It's going slow due to time constraints and due to my other upcoming tutorial for newcomers (maybe in a week or so), on how to install linux (openSUSE and Ubuntu) in a PC that already has Windows. Linux Home Server may be next

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/44large.png

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
AHEM!! Okay so I ordered this.

And, I have this thread which describes how to configure a Linux Home Server and trust me, that is much more robust than this one, though If you want to see eye-candy on remote desktop; you might want to look elsewhere.. :D

k6153r

Broken In
@NucleusKore

we all know the two meanings for free,

AND WE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU TOO KNOW THAT WELL.

but just stop acting too smart.
do you think that FOSS entered the English dictionary before free beer?

foolish

chandru.in

In the zone
do you think that FOSS entered the English dictionary before free beer?
Dunno about FOSS but I'm 100% sure "Freedom" entered dictionary at the same time or earlier than "Free Beer".

BTW I don't see Nucleus saying anything about FOSS or Freedom. He just said that WHS is nothing special and all of these can be happily achieved using Linux. :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom