Windows 8.... What do you think ?

Upgrading to Windows 8 ?

• Yes, For Sure !

Votes: 39 33.3%
  • No, Never Win 7 Is Still Best !

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Maybe, I'll Give Final Decision on Oct 26 !

Votes: 44 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Abhishek_Z

Abhishek_Z

Journeyman
So how many of you think that Windows 7 will meet the same fate as Vista :-D after Win 7 was released or PC manufacturers will continue to give an option of Win 7 or just strike off Win 7 from the list :?:

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
I won't upgrade to Windows 8 since I have started using windows 7 a couple months of ago ...may be after 1 or 2 years ...but one things I have started liking windows ,I feel quite comfortable with it

I'm told that for the first time ever, the new release of windows is lighter than the release it is replacing. If that is the case, I think Windows 8 is certainly a worthy buy if priced right (I am hoping for a Windows Vista Basic type Rs. 3500 INR pricing for the cheapest version's OEM edition)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I'm told that for the first time ever, the new release of windows is lighter than the release it is replacing. If that is the case, I think Windows 8 is certainly a worthy buy if priced right (I am hoping for a Windows Vista Basic type Rs. 3500 INR pricing for the cheapest version's OEM edition)

Its cheap because they want to sell you the controlled marketplace experience and a closed system like iOS. Upgrade price to 8 is dirt cheap for any windows OS yet , they want record people to be a part of the OS having a marketplace where MS will get the royalty for every software sold, even to put something which is free on the market you have to pay for yearly dev licence. If this continues, Windows 7 will be my last windows OS.
Hello to other open systems !

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
I use both Win 7 and Win 8. Dual boot. Lots of application does not work in Win 8. For Eg. Kaspersky Internet Security, Ad-muncher.

I personally like faster browsing in IE 10 and Quick Search for your application from MetroUI screen.

akkib89

Broken In
As long as all games and softwares are well supported and it eats lesser memory, everything will be good. Used dev version, but didn't like it because the design feels too much concentrated on touch rather than on the mouse.

Its cheap because they want to sell you the controlled marketplace experience and a closed system like iOS. Upgrade price to 8 is dirt cheap for any windows OS yet , they want record people to be a part of the OS having a marketplace where MS will get the royalty for every software sold, even to put something which is free on the market you have to pay for yearly dev licence. If this continues, Windows 7 will be my last windows OS.
Hello to other open systems !

If thats true, Microsoft is trying to be a bully like Apple. It will be damn interesting if google releases an os for desktop.

Hrishi

Had some issues with Daemon Tools in WIn 8 , DE.Looks like, Some applications are not compatible with Win8.

Hrishi

Had some issues with Daemon Tools in WIn 8 , DE.Looks like, Some applications are not compatible with Win8.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
this will helpout with the windows 8 desktop experience

New Windows 8-ready mice and keyboards from Microsoft Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom