Windows 8.... What do you think ?

Upgrading to Windows 8 ?

• Yes, For Sure !

Votes: 39 33.3%
  • No, Never Win 7 Is Still Best !

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Maybe, I'll Give Final Decision on Oct 26 !

Votes: 44 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kisame

King of Heroes
I downloaded the windows 8 rtm which was leaked to internet.No official or unofficial way to disable metro.Constant switching between two UIs is putting me off.Hope MS will let us choose with a service pack.

Last edited:

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Yeah I was wondering about the same. I guess of all things about Win 8, the metro layout has taken most of the attention and mostly in negative aspect. So, I guess, they should no matter how much work it takes, should have provided the option for it. But unfortunately they havent.

I love Aero and so do I love metro... but putting them together is really a bold move. But I guess, its performance and functionality that makes Win 8 something good-to-go.

rider

as Kratos
Even Ubuntu graphic UI is much better than metro style.

I was expecting better battery life from windows 8. :evil:

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
The battery life will drastically increase with the Win 8 drivers (as said by microsoft developers) and so will its functionality and all the benchmarks will do.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I will be using win7 until MS provides a patch to remove tablet UI, or some third party does it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You're right. You'll have no problem playing games in Win8, at all. Moreover MS guys are saying DirectX 11.1 is gonna be a huge improvement and will help a lot to provide better graphics with low drop in FPS.
Gabe Newell is talking about the Windows Store. He believes paid games will rise in price as distributors will be 'forced' to publish their games in Windows Store only. It's just his prediction and it has got nothing to do with how games will run or technical issues. If you don't buy games and use the 'other' method, you can just chill. ;)
Thanks mate. I feel relieved now.

Flash

Lost in speed
If Windows xp is to Windows 7, Windows 7 is to Windows 8.
Microsoft is very well using its Segoe font across the devices.

newindiasolutions

Right off the assembly line
I think change is always better. I have no idea about Windows 9. But definitely I am going to try it. I think it will be a nice experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom