Winamp to shutdown after 20th Dec 2013

ashs1

Padawan
Its been years since i have used Winamp..
It was certainly the first ( & most frequent) media player that i was using with my old HCL PC .. i loved the various skins..
VLC is almost the unanimous choice now..

R.I.P Winamp

cutemug

Broken In
Oh,that's sad :(
It was the first music player which I used.
Atleast we feel regret that it is shutting down, maybe new generation kids won't have any attachment with their technology as they have many options and the technology always keeps updating.
It reminded of the times when I used to visit my uncle's place, to play Dave on his PC, do some timepass on Paint,play Solitaire :p Internet was very new then and I didnt even knew how to create an account on Yahoo or send an email
Seems totally weird now :blink:

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
*i.imgur.com/DSIPOx8.png

I miss Winamp. Brings back those ol days. I skinned to my heart's content :D I even remember Napster screwing up. Such were those days.
Then I switched to Musicmatch. Courtesy, my bro. But then came along this thing called Mediamonkey. Don't know why but it got worse with updates :p

Lot of you guys use Foobar. Will definitely give that a try :thumbs:

Sachin retires. CHIP shuts down. Google+ Messes up YouTube. WinAMP shuts down. :cry: (End of the world 2012 effect?)

:agreed: Totally

flyingcow

Shibe
is it just going to stop updating?? i dont see anything wrong with that, its already very robust...
anyways its just my opinion

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
For those who are looking for alternatives, I see v 2.9x more than enough for me. I don't see any need for updating to higher version or any alternatives.

BTW, I bet many here remember how and why Netscape went into oblivion. Then, along came Firefox.

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
Feeling nostalgic about my PC experience already now, yes, for me too it was the first media player i used and it was the the first I saw everywhere as a kid, i really liked the response and how easy it was, shoutcast Tv :D, i stopped it after wmp10, but used it to make playlists, it was sooo easy to make and edit playlists in it

Sachin retires. CHIP shuts down. Google+ Messes up YouTube. WinAMP shuts down. :cry: (End of the world 2012 effect?)

EXACTLY

mrcool63

Journeyman
man I feel like im becoming old!! lost winamp, sachin, CHIP, dravid, laxman, all spinners in india(spinners bowl medium pace now :D ).

I can remember 3 idiots now...
Give me some sunshine, give me some rain
Give me another chance I want to grow up one again

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
It was 1998 when i used winamp. Nope its just not right. Perhaps the right term i wanted to use was, it was 1998 when i used computer as a music source and ofcourse after about using music on pc for month, i came later to know its winamp a software that doesnt come builtin but rather sourced from CD's/ friends.

This is what winamp for me. Its almost like saying bye music.... :(

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
To all the guys using other audio players instead of Winamp, do they support Auto-Tagging???
Die-hard Winamp fan here... :-D Auto-Tagging is one of the best features in Winamp and helps to keep a large library organised... :) :)
Also, once they stop supporting Winamp, will they stop it's access to the Auto-Tagging database??? The Gracenote metadata database, that is???
Need some alternatives with Auto-Tagging to prepare for the worst!!! :cry::evil:

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My most favourite plugin was Enchancer, it allowed you to tweak the fidelity of dull sounding tracks. A tweakers wet dream.

Also lets not forget the no. of visualizations that came with Winamp, not only that, there was a fully functional platform to create your own and edit other people's visualization.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
WildTangent used to have a plugin that allowed you to play games in Winamp. There were plugins to make it into a DJ workstation, DSP plugins, mixer plugins and many more. Winamp is somewhat like Firefox, there are tons of plugins to accomplish anything. I believe there are very few media players with that level of plugin support as Winamp does.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Even I started my journey with it, followed by jet audio courtesy: Digit), then J river m.c. (one of the most feature packed around there), finally to wmp from v10.

Old days when we used winamp mostly for the Skins...... Only 90's kids will remember them :p :p

Yo :)

Oh,that's sad :(
It was the first music player which I used.
Atleast we feel regret that it is shutting down, maybe new generation kids won't have any attachment with their technology as they have many options and the technology always keeps updating.
It reminded of the times when I used to visit my uncle's place, to play Dave on his PC, do some timepass on Paint,play Solitaire :p Internet was very new then and I didnt even knew how to create an account on Yahoo or send an email
Seems totally weird now :blink:

Bhai rulayega kya :(

Top Bottom