Win7 boot error

anaklusmos

Youngling
Hey guys ,

My dell XPS 15 laptop is experiencing an error while booting ( the picture is attached).
This happened after i did an optional update Realtek family controller. Since then i am unable to boot my pc and keeps getting stuck at the same screen.
I have tried booting from the recovery disc but same eroor shows up. The BIOS is accesible but i can hardly change anything except the boot order .

Plz help. IMG_1162.jpg

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
1. Wait for someone who is an expert to reply
2. If you know how to... take your HDD out and attach it to another laptop. Run easeus Partition recovery software (or any other if you are familiar software) to recover important data. Then format and reinstall windows
3. Take it to service center

There are things like repairing/rebuilding partition table, bootable disc recovery etc etc but they are very time consuming. The recover process alone might take 6-8 hours (I have faced the exact same issue) Just take it to service center :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that message indicates system is trying to boot from lan hence the pxe rom message(done it myself a few times).check your boot order in bios & make sure cd/dvd drive is 1st followed by hard disk & then ethernet/lan(disable it since average/home users don't need it anyway).also confirm hard disk is recognized by bios by going into system info/devices/something similar to confirm your hard disk is mentioned along with its capacity.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
^Yes your right whitestar_999
@OP Insert Recovery Disk
->then press 'Del' key when your laptop is booting up this will take you to the BIOS
->then select boot setting by moving with arrow keys
->then select boot priority to CD/DVD Drive
->then press Escape save the setting by pressing 'Y' key
->wait for computer to restart(if its not restart your self)
->then it will boot in RDisk and follow the instructions take the repair choice in the RDisk this will repair your PC :)

roady

Digital Marketer
that message indicates system is trying to boot from lan hence the pxe rom message(done it myself a few times).check your boot order in bios & make sure cd/dvd drive is 1st followed by hard disk & then ethernet/lan(disable it since average/home users don't need it anyway).also confirm hard disk is recognized by bios by going into system info/devices/something similar to confirm your hard disk is mentioned along with its capacity.

I'll have to agree with this one.. but it's just weird that realtek ended up changing the bios settings lol

Top Bottom