Will this game run on this configuration?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hey, I am planning to gift my cousin some games on Diwali. Can these games run on Dell Inspiron 14R?
GTA 4
Portal 2
Just Cause 2
:confused:

i5 480,
4GB RAM,
ATI mobility 5650...

Last edited:

thepredator

Right off the assembly line
can i play modern games with this configurations?

Hello guys I just wanted to ask you whether I could play some modern games on low-mid settings on this configurations-
Processor- Intel Pentium 4
Graphics card- XFX HD 6670 1GB
RAM- 2GB (can upgrade to 3GB)
I just wanted to play some modern and upcoming games like Battlefield 3, mass effect 3 , assassins creed series etc. etc. on low to medium settings on 1280X720 - 1366X768(my monitor supports only till that)
So....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the gfx card is enough to run most all of the modern games at medium to lowgfx settings at that resolution but I'm not so sure about what cpu you have - can you post the exact model name of your cpu - you can use cpu-z software to know about this ;-)

clmlbx

Technomancer
Guys I played GTA 4 on me System but it has Lag according to my specs I believe it should be Lag free..I played it 1600x900 resolution.... What ican be the problem.? Setting were mostly mid to high

My specs are in my signature

Piyush

Lanaya
Guys I played GTA 4 on me System but it has Lag according to my specs I believe it should be Lag free..I played it 1600x900 resolution.... What ican be the problem.? Setting were mostly mid to high

My specs are in my signature

well you are not alone
first of all, this game was badly optimized as it was ported
second, if you are playing with all details max at 1600*900, then its normal to lag even though you have a decent gfx card

try to lower down the visual details to medium
also search for patches if you haven't applied so far(i guess patch 5 was the best among all)

thepredator

^^ the gfx card is enough to run most all of the modern games at medium to lowgfx settings at that resolution but I'm not so sure about what cpu you have - can you post the exact model name of your cpu - you can use cpu-z software to know about this ;-)
thanks for the reply and here is all the info about my CPU i got from CPUZ-
name- intel pentium 4 530
core speed- 3 GHZ
multiplier - X15
so what do you think?:?:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
all who having problem with GTA 4 , just patch to 1.0.4 then change the vsync off , u ll run fine like other games ! initial release was bit hassle but after patching the game runs smoothly even in GTS 250 all high

Gollum

Collector
i have geforce 410m on my laptop with i3 2330 2.2ghz and 2gb ram.

i want to know whether it can play dirt 3, Batman aa, and any other good game. with at least low graphics settings

right now i have only one game, dead space 2 and it runs fine at full details at native resolution of 1366*768.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for the reply and here is all the info about my CPU i got from CPUZ-
name- intel pentium 4 530
core speed- 3 GHZ
multiplier - X15
so what do you think?:?:

even though you have a HD6670 that cpu is not good and efficient enough when it comes to play modern games - if your mobo supports C2D cpus then I recommend you to get one - a C2D e7500 cpu will cost you around ~5.5k or if you are on a tight budget then you can buy a Pentium Dual Core E5700 which is also a good cpu @ 3k ;-)

clmlbx

Technomancer
well you are not alone
first of all, this game was badly optimized as it was ported
second, if you are playing with all details max at 1600*900, then its normal to lag even though you have a decent gfx card

try to lower down the visual details to medium
also search for patches if you haven't applied so far(i guess patch 5 was the best among all)
Thanx will try patching

all who having problem with GTA 4 , just patch to 1.0.4 then change the vsync off , u ll run fine like other games ! initial release was bit hassle but after patching the game runs smoothly even in GTS 250 all high

well will try as soon as I can get 15GB free on My disk.:sad:. and very happy to know it runs smoothly on Gts 250

thepredator

even though you have a HD6670 that cpu is not good and efficient enough when it comes to play modern games - if your mobo supports C2D cpus then I recommend you to get one - a C2D e7500 cpu will cost you around ~5.5k or if you are on a tight budget then you can buy a Pentium Dual Core E5700 which is also a good cpu @ 3k ;-)
So you believe i cant even run bf3 or assassins creed revelations at even lowest settings....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the minimum requirement for AC : BrotherHood is C2D @ 1.8 Ghz and BF3 requires C2D @ 2.4 Ghz or equivalent cpu ;-)

thepredator

^^ the minimum requirement for AC : BrotherHood is C2D @ 1.8 Ghz and BF3 requires C2D @ 2.4 Ghz or equivalent cpu ;-)
**** :x NOW I CANT PLAY MODERN GAMES AND I WASTED DUMB 6000rs ON THAT CARD!you know....a poor high school student who has to beg everything he needs from his father :(

Piyush

Lanaya
**** :x NOW I CANT PLAY MODERN GAMES AND I WASTED DUMB 6000rs ON THAT CARD!you know....a poor high school student who has to beg everything he needs from his father :(

well you can at least give it a try
the speed of your cpu is good enough but the only problem is the number of cores present
start saving for your CPU and meanwhile you can run those games at lowest settings

That is frustrating. But thats also all the reason you need to use your high school time for studying instead of wasting it in gaming so that you can get a awesome rig in the future. Best of luck. :)

Top Bottom