Will this game run on this configuration?

noob

Cyborg Agent
^^ yes..have not played any single game since i got lappy 4 years back,..but have seen my frnd playing on his PC. seen all those games like GTA , Crysis , bioshock..but they politely refused to run on my lappy :p

now that i have good rig , i will play all those.

Already finished HL , HL2 , EP1 , EP2

Now starting Mafia series.

all legal games \m/

gameranand

Living to Play
@talktoanil
No GPU then forget about Mafia 2. It will cry like a baby but won't run. If you want to play games then get a GPU.:)

Alok

Adventurer
I'm playing gta4 using commandline.
I have 512 MB vram and 2 GB system ram and core i3 3.8 GHz.

Please tell that which of following is better to me:

-availablevidmem 1.5

or

-availablevidmem 2.0

i want good fps.
It will be nice if anyone post his good commandline.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I'm getting a new Inspiron 15R laptop
Code:
i5-2410M Processor (2.3GHz base, up to 2.9GHz,Dual Core,4T,3MB L3)
4GB (1 X 4GB) 1 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 550v - 1GB

Can it run GTA IV in High Setting? What about Crysis? :p

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I guess last time when I read this thread I forgot to read this:
OK well see. The *ahem* version of this game has a lot of issues so if you have one then......I think I made my point.

I am having original version of all games :x
But the game is running smoothly now, I dont know how :D :D

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Batman Ahem version gets stuck some place or other. I bought the original game after getting frustrated with the original. But I haven't been able to install the original game due to Gamersgate sucky downloader.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
My friend wants to run GTA 4, and all the system reuiqrements are fulfilled, but I doubt that the graphics card is nice enough(onboard). I dont know much, but the info he gave me through "dxdiag" is that his GFX card name is 8294 5G Express Chipset family, with approx total memory of 256MB and display resolution is 1360x768 at 60Hz.

I dont know what most of the above info means, but thats what he gave me. He wont mind playing on lower(lowest) settings.

If it wont run, then I will ask you people to suggest him a graphics card :)) :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your friend is uisng the mobos onboard IGP and gfx chip which is Intel 945G ;-) and that's not enough to run GTAIV for sure - if your friends have pci-e x16 slot on his mobo than he can consider getting a gfx card to run GTA IV

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My friend wants to run GTA 4, and all the system reuiqrements are fulfilled, but I doubt that the graphics card is nice enough(onboard). I dont know much, but the info he gave me through "dxdiag" is that his GFX card name is 8294 5G Express Chipset family, with approx total memory of 256MB and display resolution is 1360x768 at 60Hz.

I dont know what most of the above info means, but thats what he gave me. He wont mind playing on lower(lowest) settings.

If it wont run, then I will ask you people to suggest him a graphics card :)) :p

It wont run :(

He must get a Graphic Card. A cheap Sapphire 6490 HD is enough to run it at lower settings.
GTA 4 is very unoptimised. It puts many powerfull rigs at doubt even !

Top Bottom