Will some admin confirm if this copy of vBulletin is legal or pirated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Dear Administrators, For the past few days, and especially after upgrade to v 3.7.0, I have found that there are many bugs in the 'core' scripts of vBulletin. Please do not mistake them for bugs in the new theme. Considering that these are very silly and small, I really doubt if a forum software like vBulletin will really let such bugs appear in their applications. Also the latest version of vBulletin as on date of upgrading to vBulettin 3.7.0 is veresion 3.8.0. So I am really doubtful if we are using a legit copy? Drgrudge one told me that Raaabo had paid himself for the license but I want to have a clear view now. Are we using a legit copy? @mods: this threads does not deserve to be deleted :)

din

Tribal Boy
Well, I think Raaabo purchased the script. Do not know much details, but I do not think Digit will use a pirated script.

din

Tribal Boy
Oh ok, that means you 'found' something ? OK, in that case I am not sure. If it is pirated, that is not a good thing at all :(

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
To all of you...
Actually pirating vbulletin will be the last thing a admini would like to do...especially a forum of this magnitude... Coz vbulletin is well known for its search and destroy tactics...
They simply delete the forum with the help of webhosting company...
May be its DUE to some sh!ty things the admin is doing to the whole forum...at present.., i am no brainy in programming ...but know something about vbulletin...
Any way i want to say something to whoever is designing this forum right now...
It needs great stupidity and idiotic attitude to change a such a wonderful forum into a crap!...

Sourabh

Laptoping
Report the website to vBulletin directly if you have doubts.

*www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Such matters are best discussed in private (with the concerned authority/person) but that wasn't the case to be. There's no way you can be sure, right? How could you even take an admin's word on that.

Just 1 submission is enough. Anyone who does that, update in this thread and we can rest this issue in peace. So, it's up to Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. if they care to look into it. When you purchase vB license, you get free updates for the first year then you have to pay a small fee for renewal. The latest vB version is 3.7.0, where did you find 3.8.0?

narangz

Web developer
To all of you...
Actually pirating vbulletin will be the last thing a admini would like to do...especially a forum of this magnitude... Coz vbulletin is well known for its search and destroy tactics...

You can find nulled versions easily :D

BTW- Rohan what exactly did you find? :)

din

Tribal Boy
On a second thought, I think what Sourabh mentioned is correct. We are not supposed to discuss it open as we do not know it for sure. I think it is better Rohan pm some mod / admin regarding this with his findings. Rohan didn't mention what he find, so the thread may get diverted and there is no point I think.

And any one can report the site too, if they have questions.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I am suspecting because there are some bugs which are not supposed to be present in vB. They are not present in other copies of vB on other forums. Moreover some scripts are grossly malfunctioning.

Since admin is not paying heed to any of the queries, I thought it was best to ask it openly.

@rohan: have you ever wondered if its a modded script ? vB may have been modified by one of the forum desingers without much technical thinking, and it may have screwed it up. From what I know, the scripters may have attempted to do something outstanding by editing the vB scripts, and ended up screwing everything.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Ya, modding is possible but no coder will ever leave it incomplete. If its incomplete, the coder will revert to the default script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom