Will Nokia suvive the downfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Lol :rofl:

Andriod is not lightweight OS BTW, thats why every body out here got dual cores & tons of ram to run it smooth. Otherwise everything would have been a Slideshow.

No you obviously did not get the point. What i meant to say was that the droid os requires say a 600mhz processor + 256mb ram. To run not exactly smoothly but it can RUN But if i tried the same thing with an apple iphone it wont even boot up!

Android is light on resources!!??
Android stutters even on the best of HW and have the worst possible power management.

If you feel so why do you use a ANDROID based smartphone, you can easily pick up a iphone 3g for the price you paid for a gs2...

Though obviously i agree that android is not the perfect and ideal operating system but it is better than the most available. You are running a VM for the droid whereas a direct implementation on the apple iphone.

I think all apple fanboys should read this before making any more comments .
HowStuffWorks "iPhone Processor" And i guess that pretty much explains why you find all the UI on a i0s a breeze whereas it is not so on a droid.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Andriod is not lightweight OS BTW, thats why every body out here got dual cores & tons of ram to run it smooth. Otherwise everything would have been a Slideshow.

Bro... you should see my Optimus One... It rocks...

Android Rulez!

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
And also if you decide to tweak droid os with custom rom, you can make the ui quite a breeze to work with and reduce hardware processing significantly..

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Regardless of power management, what Android really excells at is the ease of use and user-friendliness. That's what sets it apart from other players in the market.

Currently iOS and Windows Phone are only for those people who prefer going to South Africa from India via a connecting flight to Japan.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

I should be laughing at you , without any background information you are trolling the forums. Please read carefully and research on topics / comments you post next time. It is okay to commit a mistake by using wrong factual data, but mocking anyone for his/her knowledge is shear noobness.

red dragon

Master troll
What i meant to say was that the droid os requires say a 600mhz processor + 256mb ram. To run not exactly smoothly but it can RUN But if i tried the same thing with an apple iphone it wont even boot up!

If you feel so why do you use a ANDROID based smartphone, you can easily pick up a iphone 3g for the price you paid for a gs2...

1.You have no idea what you are talking about.FYI,3GS runs a 600MHz processor,256 MB of RAM and still much more fluid(even on ios5)compared to your cheap Android on GB.

2.I not only use a Android phone but also a recognized developer at XDA.Not only 3GS,I can perfectly afford a couple of 4s also,but that wont change anything about android or ios.

Using the GS2 because like the larger screen and over saturated colour of super AMOLED.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
No you obviously did not get the point. What i meant to say was that the droid os requires say a 600mhz processor + 256mb ram. To run not exactly smoothly but it can RUN But if i tried the same thing with an apple iphone it wont even boot up!

I think all apple fanboys should read this before making any more comments .
HowStuffWorks "iPhone Processor" And i guess that pretty much explains why you find all the UI on a i0s a breeze whereas it is not so on a droid.

No. You are getting it all wrong buddy. The top end androids have always needed more resources than either Ios or WP7. And have you actually used the low end droids yourself?

And what is that link supposed to mean?
its just the barebones implementation of touch sensing explained.. what were you trying to convey?
Its equally valid for any touch device. Iphone is no special case..

I should be laughing at you , without any background information you are trolling the forums. Please read carefully and research on topics / comments you post next time. It is okay to commit a mistake by using wrong factual data, but mocking anyone for his/her knowledge is shear noobness.

:duh2:
Why dont you justify your claims about the OSes relative performances? :lol:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
No. You are getting it all wrong buddy. The top end androids have always needed more resources than either Ios or WP7. And have you actually used the low end droids yourself?

And what is that link supposed to mean?
its just the barebones implementation of touch sensing explained.. what were you trying to convey?
Its equally valid for any touch device. Iphone is no special case..

Yes i have used a droid phone in fact i use a htc wildfire. And it runs pretty smoothly ofcourse not as good as a gs2 or htc one V but it runs pretty well.

What i was trying to convey was that there is a difference in how both the operating systems work . When you make a touch gesture on a apple device, the processing for that thread is given higher priority than other processes running in the background. The only reason you feel android has a choppy interface is that it treats all processes equally so even on the best hardware you feel its choppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom