Will Nexus 7 release in India and what is the expected price?

rider

as Kratos
On eBay international its on luck how much custom will be going to charged.
You can check junglee.com it's amazon India you can check from their how much custom and shipping will be charged by amazon usa and their are their are many different seller available their.
Their is some discount going on eBay.in . You can check for discount coupon on google.

Any idea if its 400 USD I think they will charge at least 50 USD extra.
junglee.com has only one seller who is selling for 35,529 INR *t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuS-i5xhNrzPaD_YTg2IbrtgRaXmquInmH6YfXHWYkwzSzzY8HTmdGhw

daksh

Journeyman
Chrome is default browser in Jelly Bean. And what about using of flash player in educational sites :wink:

Do u have Nexus 7?

I do, see 3-4 posts above, I've posted about it.

And btw Rider, Galaxy Nexus is 350$ now and not 400. Try getting it from someone living there, much cheaper than buying from a site which imports.

tkin

Back to school!!
Chrome is default browser in Jelly Bean. And what about using of flash player in educational sites :wink:

Do u have Nexus 7?
Google is taking a stupid approach, 90% of web uses flash, so cutting it off basically means pushing people towards PC, maybe its a deliberate move by adobe,, to increase selling of PC, or better yet increase selling of Microsoft Surface, I'll definitely buy a surface.

And ebay discount is only upto 1000 bucks with bank card.
Time to time they do give flat 10% coupon, I got one last month, next when I get one and I can't use it I'll post here so you guys could snap it(through my account)

rider

as Kratos
Google is taking a stupid approach, 90% of web uses flash, so cutting it off basically means pushing people towards PC, maybe its a deliberate move by adobe,, to increase selling of PC, or better yet increase selling of Microsoft Surface, I'll definitely buy a surface.

Time to time they do give flat 10% coupon, I got one last month, next when I get one and I can't use it I'll post here so you guys could snap it(through my account)
I think google and apple are trying to keep adobe aside, by ignoring and not giving eff.

Nexus 7 won't be launched officially in India, ever. It is a tablet meant for content consumption and google sell them 0 profit. They intend to earn by selling books, songs, movies, magazines etc through the play store in the US. People in India hardly pay for any content and it is pointless for google to launch it here in India at this price. This is the same reason for which Kindle fire wasnt launched. No point in waiting for it to launch officially.
I had a relative flying down from the states and told him to get me a 16gb one. Cost me 14k approx. Warranty is an issue but I am willing to overlook it considering I am getting it so cheap.
Project butter is truly amazing. Never seen android so smooth. You can actually feel the pixels passing below your fingers :p My only gripe with it is fixed storage, thats why I ordered the 16gb one!

*articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-04/gadgets-special/32536304_1_android-tablets-nexus-devices-android-devices

tkin

Back to school!!
Going to cause issues, plenty of websites use flash, what about flash based game sites?

I think google and apple are trying to keep adobe aside, by ignoring and not giving eff.

*articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-04/gadgets-special/32536304_1_android-tablets-nexus-devices-android-devices
Asus will be partner, OMG rashi, dang it.

rider

as Kratos
Going to cause issues, plenty of websites use flash, what about flash based game sites?

yea! I read iOS 6 would not come flash too, it common problem for both android and iOS.
Whenevr I download from youtube through IDM it shows .flv file how can it be HTML 5?

daksh

Journeyman

Google?s Nexus tablet launching in India in October - Times Of India

IF they launch it, it wont be under 20k. Definitely. As they will have to earn through hardware sales here as content of play store is not available in India.

Even the galaxy tab 2 7.0 is for 250 in the US and 20k here!

rider

as Kratos
IF they launch it, it wont be under 20k. Definitely. As they will have to earn through hardware sales here as content of play store is not available in India.

Even the galaxy tab 2 7.0 is for 250 in the US and 20k here!

May be they launch play store here.

Samsung always launch cheaper in Indian market.

daksh

Journeyman

And how many people do you think will BUY ebooks, movies, tv shows, magazines etc on a tab in India using there Credit cards? Google won't sell it here if it doesnt turn out to be profitable and at 200$ it is not!

Samsung always launch cheaper in Indian market.

Bro, How is 250$ cheaper than 20k ? 250$ is approx 14k and samsung are selling it for 20 here.

tkin

Back to school!!
yea! I read iOS 6 would not come flash too, it common problem for both android and iOS.
Whenevr I download from youtube through IDM it shows .flv file how can it be HTML 5?
They have to change the codec, long process, powerful machines will be needed, but google has enormous processing power, these three codecs are proposed, no uniform standard yet: HTML5 video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rider

as Kratos
And how many people do you think will BUY ebooks, movies, tv shows, magazines etc on a tab in India using there Credit cards? Google won't sell it here if it doesnt turn out to be profitable and at 200$ it is not!

Yea! you are right! only a few thousand people will buy those music, ebooks, movies, tv shows, magazines etc practically in India.
Have you rooted your nexus 7 with Toolkit yet?

daksh

Journeyman
Yea! you are right! only a few thousand people will buy those music, ebooks, movies, tv shows, magazines etc
Have you rooted your nexus 7 with Toolkit yet?

Not yet, and I wont even get to do it :( The tab is for whole family and my dad wont let me risk it as sending it back for repairs will be a big hassle. I might root it after a few months when it gets a bit old :p

tkin

Back to school!!

Bro, How is 250$ cheaper than 20k ? 250$ is approx 14k and samsung are selling it for 20 here.
What I think is this, 200$ for 8GB, comes to 11000/-, add tax etc and say it will go for 15k, the 16GB version will go for 18k probably, it won't be more than 20k cause then it will face competition from Samsung Galaxy Tab 2(7") @ 19k, which loses in spec a bit but can make calls and have sd card slot, which is a big plus and runs ICS,

rider

as Kratos
Not yet, and I wont even get to do it :( The tab is for whole family and my dad wont let me risk it as sending it back for repairs will be a big hassle. I might root it after a few months when it gets a bit old :p

It's easy to root man, just few steps and it will be rooted and can easily backup and restore. Also getting back to factory reset is simple procedure. Where you will send to repair? Their is no warranty for imported gadgets. :?
P.S. Put an avatar so that its easy to recognize you bro.

What I think is this, 200$ for 8GB, comes to 11000/-, add tax etc and say it will go for 15k, the 16GB version will go for 18k probably, it won't be more than 20k cause then it will face competition from Samsung Galaxy Tab 2(7") @ 19k, which loses in spec a bit but can make calls and have sd card slot, which is a big plus and runs ICS,

Heyy dude, tell me why pure google nexus phones not sale much like samsung galaxy s series worldwide.

daksh

Journeyman
Tab 2 runs ICS and this runs JB :p
One major thing with nexus devices is that they get the updates the moment they are released!
yeah you're right about Tab 2 having 3g, that is a major plus in favor of it. But nowadays all Androids can tether via wifi hotspot hence I dint have to worry about that! I would rather go for the nexus even at 20k coz of the Tegra 3 future proofing and all future updates right on time!

Top Bottom