Will Nexus 7 release in India and what is the expected price?

tkin

Back to school!!
Yea! you are right! only a few thousand people will buy those music, ebooks, movies, tv shows, magazines etc practically in India.
Have you rooted your nexus 7 with Toolkit yet?
A bit more people will buy, provided they cost same, I will gladly pay 50/- for PowerAMP music player(sadly it can't be cr@cked), and maybe some games, all together I might buy 10-12 apps, and I'll gladly pay 500-600/- for them, for magazines I would pay 50% of actual price, or a monthly subscription for a bunch of mags together(like netflix video service in USA), won't byuy TV show cause there is no point, pathetic web service here, I wouldn't pay for eBooks though(my bad).

daksh

Journeyman
It's easy to root man, just few steps and it will be rooted and can easily backup and restore. Also getting back to factory reset is simple procedure. Where you will send to repair? Their is no warranty for imported gadgets. :?
P.S. Put an avatar so that its easy to recognize you bro.

Heyy dude, tell me why pure google nexus phones not sale much like samsung galaxy s series worldwide.

I know how to root :p, I am running CM9 on my old optimus one :p
That's the problem, I have to send it for repairs oversees hence a hassle :p
Will put an avatar right away :)

A bit more people will buy, provided they cost same, I will gladly pay 50/- for PowerAMP music player(sadly it can't be cr@cked), and maybe some games, all together I might buy 10-12 apps, and I'll gladly pay 500-600/- for them, for magazines I would pay 50% of actual price, or a monthly subscription for a bunch of mags together(like netflix video service in USA), won't byuy TV show cause there is no point, pathetic web service here, I wouldn't pay for eBooks though(my bad).

Some of us would( me, you and a few more) but the general population here is so used to piracy that they dont see anything wrong with it, I HATE IT.

tkin

Back to school!!
Tab 2 runs ICS and this runs JB :p
One major thing with nexus devices is that they get the updates the moment they are released!
yeah you're right about Tab 2 having 3g, that is a major plus in favor of it. But nowadays all Androids can tether via wifi hotspot hence I dint have to worry about that! I would rather go for the nexus even at 20k coz of the Tegra 3 future proofing and all future updates right on time!
Yeah, but for people going to office, they lack the luxury of wifi hotspots, same with college etc, also note 3g is much faster than most broadband services now a days, and the big plus is the sd card slot, I want one such slot, and lastly what if samsung releases JB by this dec, that will level the playing field.

daksh

Journeyman
Yeah, but for people going to office, they lack the luxury of wifi hotspots, same with college etc, also note 3g is much faster than most broadband services now a days, and the big plus is the sd card slot, I want one such slot, and lastly what if samsung releases JB by this dec, that will level the playing field.

Wifi hotspot is using your phone's 3g services on any other wifi device, hence I will effectively be using 3g services on my wifi tab.

rider

as Kratos

Is there any news of upcoming nexus quad core phone by google this year?

tkin

Back to school!!
Wifi hotspot is using your phone's 3g services on any other wifi device, hence I will effectively be using 3g services on my wifi tab.
I know, I'm not a noob, one pretty big issue there, running a wi fi hotspot drains juice out of phones like crazy, and if I had a phone I'd want it up and stand by all the time(for calls), and most android sets do not give that luxury(except maybe razor maxx), so its not an option to use a hotspot on office, college etc. That's what I meant.

daksh

Journeyman
Samsung will release JB by Dec, Google will release Key lime pie on the nexus around july-sept next year, samsung will have stopped support for Tab 2 by then! And btw it is highly improbably that Tab 2 gets JB by dec as original galaxy tab 10.1 hasn't got ICS till yet in India.

daksh

Journeyman
I know, I'm not a noob, one pretty big issue there, running a wi fi hotspot drains juice out of phones like crazy, and if I had a phone I'd want it up and stand by all the time(for calls), and most android sets do not give that luxury(except maybe razor maxx), so its not an option to use a hotspot on office, college etc. That's what I meant.

My sincere apologies :)
Yeah you are right about the battery part, I use hotspot and it just sucks the juice out of my OneX, hence I do it while having my phone on charge :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Samsung will release JB by Dec, Google will release Key lime pie on the nexus around july-sept next year, samsung will have stopped support for Tab 2 by then! And btw it is highly improbably that Tab 2 gets JB by dec as original galaxy tab 10.1 hasn't got ICS till yet in India.
Galaxy 10.1 is dead in the water, but tab 2 is not, what I mean is if Asus makes a killing off selling Nexus tab here, samsung will have to do something, either lower prices, or JB upgrade, I'd buy the Galaxy if it costs same as 8GB nexus, can't look over the sd card slot, 3g, and ofcourse support(nexus in india will be supported by asus's partner rashi, and that's a bad bad thing).

daksh

Journeyman
Is there any news of upcoming nexus quad core phone by google this year?

A nexus phone is likely, though I dont think it will come out soon. Google release their new version of OS every year with supported hardware and this year Nexus 7 has done the job. Maybe next year they release a nexus with A15 cores and KLP :D

Galaxy 10.1 is dead in the water, but tab 2 is not, what I mean is if Asus makes a killing off selling Nexus tab here, samsung will have to do something, either lower prices, or JB upgrade, I'd buy the Galaxy if it costs same as 8GB nexus, can't look over the sd card slot, 3g, and ofcourse support(nexus in india will be supported by asus's partner rashi, and that's a bad bad thing).
It all depends on how both the parties price it. And as it is a google branded device dont worry about service, Google won't let Asus spoil their name in a budding market!

guru_urug

iGoogle
^^ The play credit will most probably work, wallet card won't work as NFC is not set up in India, and of course no warranty, you can claim warranty(need be) by sending it to US via a friend, sending for warranty directly to google via mail won't work as google does not support that afaik.

Google Wallet is not just dependent on NFC. You can also use it to shop on online shopping sites.

@Daksh Can you pls confirm that your Google Wallet and Play store account is also credited?? And is the play store working properly in India

daksh

Journeyman
Nope, google wallet and the credit both dont work here. You dont see any google wallet on the tab :p
play store works but only for the apps, no other content.

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
Yea! you are right! only a few thousand people will buy those music, ebooks, movies, tv shows, magazines etc practically in India.
Have you rooted your nexus 7 with Toolkit yet?

I think the new play store will be only for US version.
It will be not shown in Indian play store.

daksh

Journeyman
Its as good/bad as it is in any of our android devices! Google now doesnt work that well though..

tkin

Back to school!!
What's the price if we buy nexus 7 from US? (All Incl.)

i.e. Ask a friend to buy and bring to India.
8GB: *www.google.co.in/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=200$+to+inr&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&redir_esc=&ei=8UU2UO3XG8uxrAfRr4DYDQ
16GB: *www.google.co.in/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=250$+to+inr&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&redir_esc=&ei=KUY2UPGDBIjPrQeH7YCICg

rider

as Kratos
Google Nexus 7 is one of the best tablet which running on android 4.1 Jellybean OS that has powered by Tegra 3 quad-core processor. Company says it will release in September 2012. It 8 GB model's price will Rs 15,000 and 16 GB model's price will rs 18,000.

Is it the new news or the same when it was launched in US?
Give me link, where you read that?

Top Bottom