Will 3G increase broadband speeds in india?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
I was wondering if it's possible or not.
I know that 3G is for mobile communication.
But can we use high speed broadband on our computers with 3G?

I heard about BSNL EVDO, is it a promising way?
Here is the link-
*www.jayson.in/technology-tips/bsnl-evdo-review-high-speed-3g-broadband-in-india.html

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
BSNL EVDO has got good reviews overall. Few of my online friends have been using it & are satisfied with it.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
But can we use high speed broadband on our computers with 3G?

Yes, you can. But charges will be very high. EVDO is better for now. And WiMax is more promising, though it doesn't seem that it will be available soon.

p_dude

Broken In
broadband is costly in india
nope everything is inflated in india...
people in other countries can make their living with little money but in country like ours even the most necessary needs like food and education ect are too inflated so most people live in the streets and the few that are able to afford to these costs live in dream world thinking that this country will one day move forward to compete with the developed nations of the world...

evdo is good i've been using it for last three months but there are very few towers and the cost of moving to 3g will be high and i don't think bsnl can afford that
the recent price hike in evdo tariff is also not promising

in short i don't think 3g will have any significant effect with internet(only few will benifit) in india...

Last edited:

Hok

Broken In
I just got my new BSNL 3G connection and server has been down for almost 24 hours almost everyday.Waste of time and money.
I don't understand why they give us high speed when they can't even connect us to the internet.:-x

Last edited:
Problem in India is overselling of bandwidth. Companies LIE to customers that they get full speed when actually the bandwidth is shared between many. Most of the broadband available in India is not on a dedicated line but on a shared line. GSM SIM Vendors sell loads of SIM cards to people in an area with only one tower (example is Aircel and DOCOMO in my college) due to which network is almost always busy during peak calling hours and in my case, even when the tower is quite close by, I get only GPRS speeds on EDGE or worse (and far more common), the phone is unable to connect to the internet at all.

Overselling should be defined as an unethical business practice and overselling without preinforming customers should be made a punishable offence in India.

Gauravs90

geek........
^^^^^ i think its not possible.

The reason you gave is also a reason for lowest cost of gprs and edge in india.

paroh

Padawan
@Gauravs90 thanks for correcting me the crap is for the mtnl 3G unlimited with 10Gb limit.

But what they adver. will they able to offer it in reality ?

Gauravs90

geek........
@Gauravs90 thanks for correcting me the crap is for the mtnl 3G unlimited with 10Gb limit.

But what they adver. will they able to offer it in reality ?

I don't think so

None of the service provider provides full 2g speed today :ninjafight::enforcer: kill them :flamethrower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom