Why Torrent & crack is illegal in Thinkdigit Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I only download pirated versions of softwares I find costly. I often buy cheap, simple and powerful softwares instead of pirating it.
If there was no piracy (in case of costly softwares), the people who cannot afford it wouldn't have bought it.
Now there is piracy, people who can't afford it download the cracked costly softwares for free.
Any difference for the company who made it? However, some people use pirated versions of softwares just to save some money (Misers).

This was discussed like n number of times and still people read this whole thread, and at the end they write like, "I am not rich-son-of-a-*****" to buy a genuine software so i am pirating. Come on guys, accept it. Accept that you are stealing and at least please don't say that here. Chances might someone who wants to move to OSS will read your comment and go your way. Do you really want that?

If you are a pirate, simple, you keep your opinions with you and don't encourage others to do what you are doing. This is the least you can do to kill piracy.

sygeek

Technomancer
This was discussed like n number of times and still people read this whole thread, and at the end they write like, "I am not rich-son-of-a-*****" to buy a genuine software so i am pirating. Come on guys, accept it. Accept that you are stealing and at least please don't say that here. Chances might someone who wants to move to OSS will read your comment and go your way. Do you really want that?

If you are a pirate, simple, you keep your opinions with you and don't encourage others to do what you are doing. This is the least you can do to kill piracy.
I don't condone piracy :X. Yeah it is stealing in a way, but literally people who can buy, buy it and people who can't, pirate it. The company is not economically effected by that.

Hey you, reading this post, if your budget allows you to buy a 'X' OS, buy it and don't be a miser.

I don't condone piracy :X. Yeah it is stealing in a way, but literally people who can buy, buy it and people who can't, pirate it. The company is not economically effected by that.

Hey you, reading this post, if your budget allows you to buy a 'X' OS, buy it and don't be a miser.

How is the company NOT effected by it ?

If it is not effected by it then why is P1racy illegal ? :O

sygeek

Technomancer
How is the company NOT effected by it ?

If it is not effected by it then why is P1racy illegal ? :O
Read my above post.
Actually it's my way of convincing myself to use a ******* version of my favourite OS and instead of selling an arm and a leg to buy one.
You may not agree with it and it is totally fine.
This is no justification sorry to say. It is like saying, if I cannot afford an iPhone today, I can go steal it. Big deal to Apple.

Please keep your ethics and morals in check.
Everyone's got different morals and ethics, please don't comment on someone's else morals if you don't agree with it, it may seem wrong to you but it seems right to me :smile:.
See the link below

Where Do You Draw The Line

How about this screnario. ( Hypothetical )

You have 1K left in your account and you want to buy a IEM and a Antivirus . Both are equally important for you in the present situation.

What will you do ?

sygeek

Technomancer
How about this screnario. ( Hypothetical )

You have 1K left in your account and you want to buy a IEM and a Antivirus . Both are equally important for you in the present situation.

What will you do ?
Avast free antivirus FTW. I just use it in an interval of 3 months, remove the viruses (if any) and then uninstall it. I don't use cracked versions of antivirus
IEM? Do you mean OEM?
^^ lol censorship inside the URL of links..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

What? Company's not affected? You start a company and develop a game. Release it for a low price and enjoy watching every1 pirate your game. Because you are not conomically effected by that.

Read my above post.
Actually it's my way of convincing myself to use a ******* version of my favourite OS and instead of selling an arm and a leg to buy one.
You may not agree with it and it is totally fine.

Everyone's got different morals and ethics, please don't comment on someone's else morals if you don't agree with it, it may seem wrong to you but it seems right to me :smile:.
See the link below

Where Do You Draw The Line

Look, this thread is not about what you do, this is what you think. Difference is there. YOU are pirating as you can't afford the S/W. Ok. But if you have a chance to buy a s/w, then you do the same?

Of course every1 here pirate. Be it a mp3 or a game, but the question is we are not saying like this

The company is not economically effected by that.

Doesn't that mislead others. Think someone interested in buying indie game or s/w and read your post, what he'll do. Go to file sharing sites, download the games w/o even know how much the Game Dev company suffer. All he know is "The company is not economically effected by that".

Look, you are pirating, fine, keep it with you. Don't let others do the same by posting such things.

sygeek

Technomancer
What? Company's not affected? You start a company and develop a game. Release it for a low price and enjoy watching every1 pirate your game. Because you are not conomically effected by that.
I only use cr*cked versions of softwares which I find expensive and belong to a big company (I mentioned it in my first post in this thread and what I said applies to that). I don't use cracked versions of games btw, I buy most of my games from steam.
Look, this thread is not about what you do, this is what you think. Difference is there. YOU are pirating as you can't afford the S/W. Ok. But if you have a chance to buy a s/w, then you do the same?

Of course every1 here pirate. Be it a mp3 or a game, but the question is we are not saying like this

Doesn't that mislead others. Think someone interested in buying indie game or s/w and read your post, what he'll do. Go to file sharing sites, download the games w/o even know how much the Game Dev company suffer. All he know is "The company is not economically effected by that".

Look, you are pirating, fine, keep it with you. Don't let others do the same by posting such things.

I don't condone or want to condone piracy in any way. I prevent myself from buying a cr*cked versions of softwares as far possible.
I expressed my opinion (i.e. how i convince myself), though you may feel it severely lacks logic and is stupid :p.
I'm saying it again man, I meant it for only big companies and my intention was never to condone piracy, It's just a way of convincing myself but I myself try keep myself away from it as far as possible.

I AM SORRY IF MY OPINION MISLEADS PEOPLE TO PIRACY, I NEVER INTENDED IT.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I only use cr*cked versions of softwares which I find expensive and belong to a big company (I mentioned it in my first post in this thread and what I said applies to that). I don't use cracked versions of games btw, I buy most of my games from steam.
I don't condone or want to condone piracy in any way. I prevent myself from buying a cr*cked versions of softwares as far possible.

:facepalm:

It's not about you. I am insisting you from start. It's what you talk, will influence others in different way or mislead so that they'll pirate. Coz people will take only one point for their defense and do wrong things.

Now, say some newbie reading this, surely will not know what is indie game company and w/o knowing the fact, he may pirate it coz he read it like this

Got my point?

sygeek

Technomancer
^^ re-read it please, I didn't finish the post, it's edited and finished now.
I get it bro (but I warned alot of times, didn't I? :banghead:...:lol: ). Sorry people.

Last edited:

rajeevk

Journeyman
I don't think any one wants to pay for any thing. They want it free. That is why these sites have so much of interest of the people. The things are easily downloadable. Every one is downloading and no one is complaining so they are still unbanned.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hah...I buy X software & X games from credit card....WTF u buy what u want y
2 announce...smell of arrogancy or a show-off.I hate this kind of people.

prevent/stoping piracy is a message to follow...but it depends on how a person percepts it.

& crack is illegal in TDF but not torrent(if the content is not related to piracy)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
2 announce.
..smell of arrogancy or a show-off.I hate this kind of people.

prevent/stoping piracy is a message to follow...but it depends on how a person percepts it.

& crack is illegal in TDF but not torrent(if the content is not related to piracy)

show-off. Don't you show h/w once you purchased?

sygeek

Technomancer
2 announce...smell of arrogancy or a show-off.
Yeah right, jealous? And how is it arrogant of me exactly?
You might want to read "Replies" section in Forum Rules

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I dnt think so....writing H/w config on signature & posting it in post ur latest purchases is a show-off.....

& Btw I havent seen any users posting Paid softwares in his siggy(which he bought) :lol:

Well, if he start to put everything in his siggy, guess siggy itself will take some space. Coz h/w will change very rarely. But one might buy s/w very often. Thats the reason they are posting it in some threads for show-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom