Why Security Pros Use Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
@eddie,pls leave this guys,they are pwned already!!! :lol:
USE FOSS to understand its Virtue,OSS rocks!It dont grab ur private datas,GNU/Linux dont bark at u.U r controlling ur OS,not the other way which M$ does to U M$ Fusers?
U all know the site which proves that M$ collects datas from user using windows.
*micros*ck.com/

:D :D :D :D

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
the link said:
November 3, 2001
(v2.0 finished May 16, 2001; v1.0 finished June 11, 2000)

Written with Windows 9x in mind, but not limited to.
Prakka , i was having a boring day. Thanx to cheer me up :D with this joke.

Umm...where was OSS in 2001 , ummm

sudo play linkin park.mp3

oh, there it was.

,not the other way which M$ does to U M$ Fusers?

What when where? Plz enlighten us with a feedback application written in 1996 now. :D

praka123

left this forum longback
^^
sourav said:
Prakka , i was having a boring day. Thanx to cheer me up
I am prakash kerala user id changed long back to praka123 :D by admin.some ppl will remember me for a fight?looong back.
Umm...where was OSS in 2001 , ummm

sudo play linkin park.mp3

oh, there it was.
I am sure that Linux played gr8 in 2001-even back from 1997(got kde gui DE) FYI.
AND using CLI is not something BAD.
arrey!u got wrong cmd there baby!no sudo for a simple audio file play :lol:
What when where? Plz enlighten us with a feedback application written in 1996 now.
CAN U customize ur OS inners?everything,the flexiblity OSS OS's like Linux,freebsd gaves?Win users are getting controlled by M$ using EULA.thats it :eek:
Do u Agree to a small doubt of Mine?Is Microsoft Vista or XP Closed Source?
^^ now do u gurantee that M$ dont have any mechanisms to collect user data?prove me with WIndows OS codes,I will believe?can u do it?
FOSS mean Free,Libre,Open Source Software where each and every line of code(including Linux kernel) is audited by OSS devels and others(companies too!)
Are U going to say that Vista or XP are not at all related to previous win versions?
^^Na baba,I cant get U :(

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
You can simply say no & not install the OS. That again depends on the users choice.
I am not talking about choices and I have no problem what a user wants to install or does with his system. That is not my prerogative and is not my wish either. I was just replying to a fellow user who said that Open Source Software can have the same shortcomings in privacy sector as what is present in Closed Source counterparts. Clearing that misconception is the sole motive behind my last few posts.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
CAN U customize ur OS inners?everything,the flexiblity OSS OS's like Linux,freebsd gaves?Win users are getting controlled by M$ using EULA.thats it :eek:
^^ now do u gurantee that M$ dont have any mechanisms to collect user data?prove me with WIndows OS codes,
Yup, we can. Did you hear about registry hacks etc. ;)

Yup, we know XP & Vista is closed source.

OMG...I never thought of this. This means my super secret recipe for weight loss is under danger. Damn you Microsoft.

Hey wait a second, isn't BSNL also listening to my Phone conversation ?

Hey hey, isn't the bike shop keeping an eye on my bike where it is going using some inbuilt GPS module

again, isn't my mom keeping an eye on me by talking to all the junk food shops i go to :D

Hye, isn't Yahoo making a logs of my chats. OMG...All that flirting with my next door gal using a fake ID is going to be exposed ...nooooooooo

In simple words, you point is very lame prakka.

I was just replying to a fellow user who said that Open Source Software can have the same shortcomings in privacy sector as what is present in Closed Source counterparts.
He wasn't wrong. Despite of having access to source code, how many users understand its meaning? If you say MS can access our computers to keep an eye on what we do, then Linux can too.

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
He wasn't wrong. Despite of having access to source code, how many users understand its meaning? If you say MS can access our computers to keep an eye on what we do, then Linux can too.
Just because you don't understand the source code doesn't mean no one can. Have you ever seen someone compiling, installing and then running an open source trojan or virus? If one user doesn't know what the source code means...doesn't mean that thousands of developers don't know what is there in it either. Stop the madness!!!

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
Now where from the developers came in here? We were talking about home users, right :?
Any code that reaches a home user goes through the close audit of thousands of developers. Go back in the thread and see my post about Linux Tracker and Project bugzillas.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
eddie said:
Do you know the meaning of the word "claims" or is it that lack of knowledge of English language has become a common problem with Windows users in this forum? Can you tell me which "claims" I made in my previous post...forget about them being false. Sheesh...
Accept it El Moo , you're just frustrated that i provided you with Vista's Privacy Policy which you claimed you could not find :cool:
gx_saurav said:
According to the Microsoft Privasy Policy, if you agree to send data to MS for making the user experience better or beta testing or periodically feedback given automatically by the software only then the data will be given to them
totally true Saurav , also before sending the data the app asks you to choose whether you want to send the data or not , also the data sent is mostly usage statistics(like in case of WMP) not your credit-card information eddie .
praka123 said:
*micros*ck.com/
now wouldn't that be FUD

praka123 said:
^^ now do u gurantee that M$ dont have any mechanisms to collect user data?prove me with WIndows OS codes(
well if you don't know Praka that though Windows is closed source for normal users but Ms provides free acces to it's software source code to goverment agencies so that they can check that the software is not doing nything malicious :cool:
ZDNet said:
Microsoft will share the source code underlying its Windows operating system with several international governments, a move designed to address concerns about the security of the OS.
now how's that :cool:

Bet you'll be pi***d off n will make more false claims

Governments to see Windows code

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Accept it El Moo , you're just frustrated that i provided you with Vista's Privacy Policy which you claimed you could not find :cool:
Some Windows users on this forum stopped frustrating me long time ago. Now I just pity them for their sheer ignorance about facts, language and things happening around them :)

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
aryayush said:
You haven't! :eek:

WOW! Congratulations man! Do you use some special keyboard and stuff? How do you manage to type all this! Cool!

Uh oh - watch you head, there is a wall... duck... ouch! That must've hurt.

I don't go about creating threads how good Windows is over mac and why Windows is this and that. Its you Mac people who can't stop bragging about your mac.

You guys really have some psychiatric problem.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
things r getting a bit hot in here ;)

Let's get back to the topic

btw , praka doesn't seem to have read my post about Microsoft allowing Security Agencies to review Windows Source Code ;)

eddie

El mooooo
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
btw , praka doesn't seem to have read my post about Microsoft allowing Security Agencies to review Windows Source Code ;)
...and how do you know that the source code provided by them is complete and everything included in Windows? Can anyone confirm it by just looking at it? They don't even allow compiling of this source...how can you be sure that it will actually lead to working binaries? Microsoft revealed Windows's source code in full...and I married Cinderella :rolleyes:
However, government users won't be allowed to make modifications to the code or compile the source code into Windows programs themselves, according to Microsoft.
*www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,78935,00.html

Now people just need to guess that the code will work!!!

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I think that if someone who has worked programming for long, he can make intelligent guess, without needing to compile, but just by going thru it.

eddie

El mooooo
kumarmohit said:
I think that if someone who has worked programming for long, he can make intelligent guess, without needing to compile, but just by going thru it.
Ever worked on any program before? Here is an open challenge to any programmer in here (including you...if you are one). Download the source tar ball of Pidgin instant messenger (7.2 MB) and then from this source code...ask one of your friends to just go in and delete 5 random files. That is it...any 5 files from any directory. Now try finding which 5 files that person deleted and the function of these files...without running any compile or diff operation on the source code. If you can make "intelligent guess" and find those 5 files along with their function in this minuscule instant messenger source code...then I will believe that a programmer can actually find missing files from enormous source code of Windows!

P.S. You will have to explain in here how you found those files.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
now mac and linux guys have started online challenge competitions on the forum :lol:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
However, government users won't be allowed to make modifications to the code or compile the source code into Windows programs themselves, according to Microsoft.
Well El Moo , you didn't interpret the statement correctly , let me elaborate .

suppose some agency finds some problem in the source of windows n they want to change this , then according to this , they'll have to contact Microsoft to officially make the changes into source code n then sell it in their region , n not make changes themselves n compile it n start using it , they're allowed to mess around with the code as much as they can till they do-not distribute it or use a copy of windows with the code modified by them except for testing .

eddie

El mooooo
Sigh!!! As I said earlier...knowledge of English language has taken a serious hit on this forum. Mr. "Be Sharp"...be sharp!!! Look at the "OR" between the statements!!! Do I need to explain the meaning of "OR" to you?
make modifications to the code or compile the source code
Does that "OR" mean anything to you at all? I don't even remember when I was taught the difference between and/or but it must've been around 2nd or 3rd standard. I am sure you've crossed that level of education...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom