Why Lucknow isn’t the best place for practicing Geekery

anantkhilnani

Broken In
Re: Gaming PC for 35k

@ keviv219 Jaskanwar Singh ico samy boy :D toad_frog09 cilus sorcerer etc(joh log bach gae)

i too visit tdf but in invisible forum . :p

this article is dedicated to you all written by my friend after we visited naza market

*harsh.vardhan.net/?p=20

:razz::-o:-x

keviv21 where do you live in lucknow??

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Except some hardware vendors in cities. Most of the Indian computer market is the same way as in your place.Even I had plenty of those stories.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
haha. you know, i rweally want to track and find out who is spreading the bullshit rumor that AMD generates heat etc. fortunately, its different hwre in bangalore where geeks are openly applauded by few dealers and AMD is recommended by many.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea. misconceptions. These are technical facts in my town.

1. AMD Generates more heat. And has failure rate of 48.23456%

2. INTEL Motherboards will not support Graphic cards

3. I Ball, Frontech PSUs are world class. (who are Corsair,Tagan and SeaSonic, btw. Don't make up things now)

4. Linux is for hackers.

5. Nvidia 8400gt is twice as powerful than GTX260

6. We don't know Thermal Grease. We have Cool Paste,Rs. 30/ per dabba. And Whats that remover.. just clean it with cloth, already!

7. What do you mean by Core 2 Duo E8400! We only have Core 2 Duo 3.0

8. Phenom II X4 955BE is just a hype. It is nothing. Just go with this AMD Athelon 4200+

9. Isn't HTC a china company? Don't purchase those... they are bad for your health -My Roommate

Freak! I'm out of here...

Last edited:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Same here...they never recommend AMD...always intel...u enter in the shops and all u find is intel processors from the Pentium days to the core i5 ones...

Mention Corsair and Gskill they give expressions like they just peeed in their pants...:)

Gollum

Collector
lol good thing i live in karnataka. Here the shopkeepers say,"boss you please check in the internet whether this motherboard is compatible with the cpu and give up the model number later". They don't have time to make a config for you.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ far better. @ NE India, Guwahati to be precise for over 4-5yrs only Intel stuffs were available. now finally seen range of AMD proccy & boards. price is good as well. but sadly in graphics card dept these guys sucks. price any card at least 2k more (friend brought a GT240 1Gb from XFX maybe ~4months ago for 8k). and forget cabinet. maximum is iBall, Frontech, techcom stuff. though recently came across an AD of CM PSU & cabbies. surely they'll b overpriced like hell.

and 99% friends are Intel fanboys (actually never heard avout AMD). thankfuly one recently brought a proccy+mobo+ram combo based on Phenom II X2 & Asus 785G & unlocked it rightway to an X4.

Goten

Banned
So you guys are from Lucknow. Did you know one interesting thing. I have been to nehru place for like 100 times and configured many computers of me and my friends. But thats not the interesting part. The thing is….In whole of Nehru place(Asia’s 2nd largest computer market), there is only one and only one gamers dedicated shop…literally 1….yeah you guessed it right…its SMC International….I went to search for razer mouse and razer goliathus mouse pad in nehru place a few days back. Searched for about 20shops. None had it except SMC International.

Conversations:-
Dukaandaar:-Kya chaiye bhaiya?
Me:-Bhaiya razer ka mouse hai kya.
Dukaandaar:-Haan lazer mouse hai.
Me:-nahi razer ka gaming mouse.
Dukaandaar:- Bhaiya intex ka le jao badhiya hai.
Me:-(walking away).|..

And many others…Like Razer kya hota hai…Mind you…even SMC international did not have steel series gear nor roccat. So you can understand the situation.

Do reply me on my email bro.

Peace Out~~~!

Yea. misconceptions. These are technical facts in my town.

9. Isn't HTC a china company? Don't purchase those... they are bad for your health -My Roommate

Freak! I'm out of here...

Man....i cannot stop laughing.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Golcha in SP Road is one of the better educated. Here is a short conversation that happened about two years ago.

Buyer: I want Intel config
shopkeeper: What do you want
Buyer: I want one that has virtualization
me: Better check AMD as it is better at V
buyer: but won't AMD processors fail a lot
shopkeeper: no. we sell lot of AMD processors. there is no such issue
buyer: okay. I will then take AMD processor and Intel motherboard
me: fainted
shopkeeper: Looks like you don't know anything about this stuff. Go home, learn something and come back.

yes. he asked the buyer to get more info on what to buy etc and sent him away :)

Mind you…even SMC international did not have steel series gear nor roccat. So you can understand the situation.

mind checking it again with them ? Just go to the 1st floor shop this time and ask the sardar guy (Gurmeet). U can mention my name if needed !

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Thankfully the situation is improving. Since a number of younger guys are setting up shops and they are quite aware of the latest products.

R2K

In the Zone
So you guys are from Lucknow. Did you know one interesting thing. I have been to nehru place for like 100 times and configured many computers of me and my friends. But thats not the interesting part. The thing is….In whole of Nehru place(Asia’s 2nd largest computer market), there is only one and only one gamers dedicated shop…literally 1….yeah you guessed it right…its SMC International….I went to search for razer mouse and razer goliathus mouse pad in nehru place a few days back. Searched for about 20shops. None had it except SMC International.

Conversations:-
Dukaandaar:-Kya chaiye bhaiya?
Me:-Bhaiya razer ka mouse hai kya.
Dukaandaar:-Haan lazer mouse hai.
Me:-nahi razer ka gaming mouse.
Dukaandaar:- Bhaiya intex ka le jao badhiya hai.
Me:-(walking away).|..

And many others…Like Razer kya hota hai…Mind you…even SMC international did not have steel series gear nor roccat. So you can understand the situation.

Do reply me on my email bro.

Peace Out~~~!

Man....i cannot stop laughing.

U can't just blame every retailer for not having those kinda hardware in stock
Just imagine how many of them in India will really be able to afford such high end stuff like razer mouse and pads.....
so most of them won't keep a lot of these expensive stuff because they won't just get enough customers to buy them:neutral:

Top Bottom